• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

As we all know, ISM's are rather useless when compared to EMP's. A possible upgrade would be an airburst function, similar to the detonator. Let me know what you think.

• dorobo likes this

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
https://community.pl...tor/#entry80974

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Doesn't overcome the main weakness of ISM, which is that you can still see through the static and kill fuzzy bunny.

• Kopra, WmMoneyFrmMissouri and asipo like this

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Doesn't overcome the main weakness of ISM, which is that you can still see through the static and kill fuzzy bunny.

i think the static should be full screen regardless of the distance

just that you have shorter static duration if you got hit from ISM splash

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

maxajcd

maxajcd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

I was just thinking now, that maybe ism's have a slightly longer effect (maybe 1.5x as long) and they stop all healing effects, weather is reconstructor, armor fusor, repairing or a tech. I think i saw the anti repair grenade on here once and maybe it could just tie into the ism.

I do appreciate the art, but I don't have time to find anything good. /h/

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Eh, it'd be more useful if it reversed your movement and aiming controls for 15-20 seconds.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Eh, it'd be more useful if it reversed your movement and aiming controls for 15-20 seconds.

I think you're over by a factor of 5.

• DeeRax likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

I mean, you're not wrong.

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I was just thinking now, that maybe ism's have a slightly longer effect (maybe 1.5x as long) and they stop all healing effects, weather is reconstructor, armor fusor, repairing or a tech. I think i saw the anti repair grenade on here once and maybe it could just tie into the ism.

I think we need an anti-repair charge like a heat charge. it slows repairs by 75%. Good area denial around the back off AA in Siege, etc.
I think ISM should be easier to land, so increase its radius. That's probably enough of a change to me,
EMP needs to be more of a skillshot than ISM as its reward for landing it is greater IMO.

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Because the ISM relies too much on its graphical disruption component, which is bypassed by lowering one's graphical settings, I think it needs something else entirely compared to EMP's over 4 seconds of combined combat ability deprivation and partial information deprivation.

My suggestion:

Initial flash effect and distortion, starts from the current effect but degrades quickly (over the time of 0.3-0.5 seconds, enough time to appreciate the VFX artist's effort) to the main effect whose function is to merely show you're affected by the ISM (blue filter and artifacts on the outlines of the screen, nothing too big). Starting from the explosion of the ISM Disruptor, several effects of different but overlapping durations are presented:

- Disable enemy & friendly names and their armor bars, enemy brackets, objective markers (3 seconds)

- Disable the crosshair, heat bars, armor bar, fuel bar and the dodge time indicator (5 seconds)

- Disable radar (7 seconds)

Basically it becomes an item whose main function is to deprive information but not affect your direct fighting capability like the EMP does. HUD elements gradually come back online. The focus is on the radar disablement, which is the most lingering effect of the suggested item.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Meraple and 4 others like this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

ISM would be a totally viable item if the blinding effect actually worked.

• Amidatelion, CraftyDus and DeeRax like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

Because the ISM relies too much on its graphical disruption component, which is bypassed by lowering one's graphical settings, I think it needs something else entirely compared to EMP's over 4 seconds of combined combat ability deprivation and partial information deprivation.

My suggestion:

Initial flash effect and distortion, starts from the current effect but degrades quickly (over the time of 0.3-0.5 seconds, enough time to appreciate the VFX artist's effort) to the main effect whose function is to merely show you're affected by the ISM (blue filter and artifacts on the outlines of the screen, nothing too big). Starting from the explosion of the ISM Disruptor, several effects of different but overlapping durations are presented:

- Disable enemy & friendly names and their armor bars, enemy brackets, objective markers (3 seconds)

- Disable the crosshair, heat bars, armor bar, fuel bar and the dodge time indicator (5 seconds)

- Disable radar (7 seconds)

Basically it becomes an item whose main function is to deprive information but not affect your direct fighting capability like the EMP does. HUD elements gradually come back online. The focus is on the radar disablement, which is the most lingering effect of the suggested item.

If fired into a scanner applies all of the above to enemy mechs in the scanners range.

• DeeRax and DallasCreeper like this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

If fired into a scanner applies all of the above to enemy mechs in the scanners range.

Josh please

Edited by (TDM) DallasCreeper, 16 April 2016 - 05:26 PM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users