• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

americanbrit14

americanbrit14

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

So, I've been wondering, we've done things for the community events and such, what harm would it do to add a square as a link to the hawken forums, to let those who notice it to come here and share what they think as well as letting us understand exactly how they look at hawken.

I had a chat with someone who just started playing the game and they seemed to have loved it, but there was a lot they didn't really get, whether it be about the game itself or with development and such, so a good solid start would be to allow them to come here, the all knowledgeable and playful hawken forum

It would allow them to find things like tutorials, like how to seige or for plastic hawken, or to find things like the hawken streamer list or the hawken TS.  And Tiggs did mention that when they can update us one whats happening they'll do it on the forums.

It may just sit in the corner, but it won't hurt to let it sit there. it would be like putting Hockey on in the back of a bar, most people will probably ignore it, but some will really enjoy it.  who's with me on this?

• -Tj-, ticklemyiguana, JackVandal and 1 other like this

VfuS0qE.png?1

contracted by 

??

INDUSTRY

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I think Tiggs needs to make a locked* thread of 'Community guides'.

A tile in Hawken can point to it, and links to other forum threads or youtubes can be in that thread and only added via moderated requests.

New pilots need to learn what their radar is for, and that other players are using their radar-visible movements against them. etc

• -Tj-, DieselCat, JackVandal and 1 other like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

The forums right now are not a good place for noobs. That can change if population increases, but for the most part I don't think they have much to gain by coming here right now. I would love to hear new perspectives, seeing kittens posting for example was a refreshing perspective, however the current climate here is not good for new players imo.

Edited by (TDM)crockrocket, 03 April 2016 - 01:35 AM.

• Pelanthoris likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Pelanthoris

Pelanthoris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

My points that I would do.

• Fix the tutorial
  • Fix the homepage descriptions of mechs, items and stuff
  • Link to the forums
  • Some way for vets to teach noobs: (different ideas I've seen or thought about)
    • Some kind of bootcamp matches, whose purpose would be solely training. No mmr.
    • Possibility make short recordings (tutorial videos). List of playermade videos like "how to shoot aerieal targets with rev-gl". Players could rank them. Bad ones would die out with time.
    • Possibility for vets to play/spectate on noob matches as mentors. Giving out tips for noobs. Noobs could reward them with "this was helpful", or something like that. If a vet gets bad teacher ratings, no more mentoring in a while.
    • Possibility for users to make their own tutorials. A bit like time trials. These could become absurdly difficult to pass, grow your e-peen.
    • Bot-duel. Select a mech to fight against, test your moves.

Most of these aren't purposeful enough to either be implemented at all or at least in a long while.

• -Tj- likes this

"The vectors... The vectors are all wrong!" -Bum

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

My points that I would do.

• Fix the tutorial

Gib Pre-Ascension Tutorial. VR room is bad.

• -Tj- and Pelanthoris like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

As unlikely as it may be, I would love to see a very short single player set of missions that would teach you how to play effectively without resorting to some kind of tutorial. Examples:

"Pilot, mark the target when you see it, we'll handle the rest."

* Player is instructed to press Q after hovering over the target, then three Rocketeers swarm it with Hellfires *

"Pilot, we need some support!"

* Help Requested is shown on the radar "

"Get to our location NOW!"

"We need you to take out those ventilation blades. They may be difficult to destroy with a direct hit, so use the TOW's remote detonation to take them out easier."
* Player is instructed to fire a TOW and press the button again to air-det it *

And so on...

Also, I think it might be a good idea to have a curated list of players who are willing to provide in-game help when requested. Players willing to help out could submit their IGN to support to have their names added. Rude or unhelpful players could be removed from the list.

Edit:

The single player campaign training idea gave me an idea... think I'll make a suggestion post for that one.

Edited by -Tj-, 04 April 2016 - 07:07 AM.

• Zdragow, talon70, JackVandal and 1 other like this

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

single player campaign training

Do want.

• Zdragow and -Tj- like this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Noice! I don't have to write anything now. xD

• The_Silencer likes this

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Noice! I don't have to write anything now. xD

I second that! ;P

Just as side note:

In HAWKEN, RADAR is and will be your (best) friend on the field. - brb -

Edited by The_Silencer, 04 April 2016 - 10:28 AM.

• Zdragow likes this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users