• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Ok so I was having a few games earlier on KC server...

please keep in mind i was at a slight ping handicap attempting to player raider mostly....

A few Nador moments and all but I thought I'd slap this vid together real quick and share it....

I think the SRD was about 1450-1800 but im not overly sure...

Edited by DemitronPrime, 04 May 2016 - 06:00 AM.

• Robscancer, eth0, CoshCaust and 4 others like this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Just post the plain youtube-link. It will show up correctly.

• DemitronPrime likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

• KaBLoS likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I find it hard to believe you do this with 150-odd ping

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

KaBLoS

KaBLoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Sick !!!

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Not my type of music, But those were some good kills good work man!

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

to be honest, ping on KC server is more 180-220...

but yeah its like Ontrava said in that other post.... its all about the lead, watching this I see a few places my aim was way off but yeah

• 6ixxer likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

only 150? if I don't play Aus then I get 220 minimum.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
The issue with montages is I can't see how your score is or how the match(es) progress.
I don't see how many times you made mistakes or got killed yourself.
It cuts out what many consider to be boring bits, but to me they provide as much value as the kills.

I've only uploaded a couple of vids but I kept editing to minimal (removing loading screens, etc) so it shows the whole match from start to finish.
I've got a heap of vids and although I typically delete the unbalanced ones (whether big win or big loss), I probably should upload the ones with Sudden-Death or reasonably well balanced as it advertises what Hawken should* be. I don't expect anyone to believe that I win all matches, but who here honestly posts the vids where they aren't doing so well?

Except the one where the guy chokes on fail. That's an awesome vid and I should find it and rewatch for giggles.

Demitron, when we eventually play on Aus, remind me to record, and we can combine the vids show both sides...
  • CoshCaust and DemitronPrime like this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

only 150? if I don't play Aus then I get 220 minimum.

it's a rough estimate

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Hey RobsCancer....

You know about 8:10-8:20ish...

I was curious, you loled, was that because of that dodgy little move i pulled to take out the tech?

I thought it was ammusing :P

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

W...was that actual dubstep?

I don't know if I've ever 'met' anyone who listens to actual dubstep.

Anyway I love seeing Montages, keep it up :)

Also really, anyone playing at that ping or beyond deserves a round of applause- you are a better man than I.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I Dub...

Because as dallas pointed out... My Avatar is gangster lol

• CoshCaust likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

The issue with montages is I can't see how your score is or how the match(es) progress.
I don't see how many times you made mistakes or got killed yourself.
It cuts out what many consider to be boring bits, but to me they provide as much value as the kills.

I've only uploaded a couple of vids but I kept editing to minimal (removing loading screens, etc) so it shows the whole match from start to finish.
I've got a heap of vids and although I typically delete the unbalanced ones (whether big win or big loss), I probably should upload the ones with Sudden-Death or reasonably well balanced as it advertises what Hawken should* be. I don't expect anyone to believe that I win all matches, but who here honestly posts the vids where they aren't doing so well?

I forgot I wanted to address this.

It just depends on what your goal is in the production. In my opinion, Id have to say to ignore what 6ixxer said. I don't mean to imply his/her input is useless, but it just seems a bit misplaced.

I feel that if your goal is to create entertainment, you should leave out all aspects that detract from entertainment- which, yes, is indeed complicated, but the let me elaborate.

Basically all the criticism I've ever received for any of my montages can be interpreted as two things- actual criticism of how I executed my goal, and round-about dissenting opinion on how my goal wasn't what the person wanted.

Put simply, when I make a montage, I choose a song I feel can work well with Hawken, which conveys some semblance of a theme, and start throwing a bunch of clips into the project which I think fit the theme- before whittling them down to my favourites clips / clips that fit best. My final product is not designed to showcase my skill, it's not designed to represent the average game of Hawken, it's not designed to accurately convey my average play-style- it's not designed to do anything other than entertain (which entails many of the aforementioned content). Sometimes entertainment comes from seeing skill, or from an insanely tight match; but as 6ixxer said, it doesn't come from clips where the player isn't doing well- and although I agree with him/her that 'boring bits' can provide as much value as kills, they do not however provide as much entertainment, if any at all.

Except that's debatable. Some people derive entertainment primarily through showcase of skill, others through aesthetic pleasure; and that's why there's no real 'right' or 'wrong' answer. A few people have made it abundantly clear to me that they'd prefer I only use impressive footage in my montages, but I'm confident that if I prioritize skill any more than I already do, my videos will only become less entertaining overall (to everyone as a whole, on average). There are plenty of moments possible in Hawken which can be considered skilful, but you have to weigh the skill value to the entertainment value (which is not always proportional!); there can even be impressive clips which don't even register in the minds of players below a certain skill threshold- hell no, I'm not going to include a clip so convoluted-ly impressive that many players won't even understand why they watched it!

Of course, the holy grail of montages is one which impresses 100% of viewers- go ahead and strive for it! But I say don't try too hard; I know you've heard the phrase "You can't please everyone."

Edited by CoshCaust, 11 May 2016 - 05:40 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

his/her input

his...

but as 6ixxer said, it doesn't come from clips where the player isn't doing well-

I never said that. In fact I referenced a very entertaining vid where the person is not doing well.

and although I agree with him/her that 'boring bits' can provide as much value as kills, they do not however provide as much entertainment, if any at all.

I never said boring bits provide value or entertainment.
In this context. Value is essentially entertainment. So read it as 'not everyone values/entertained by those bits like me' which falls under the adage 'you cant please everyone' which is fair enough. I just said what one problem is with them (for me anyway) because I want to advertise Hawken in a particular light. I don't expect people to stop making montages.

Hawken has lots of problems, yet we all are still Hawkening (I hope).

Cheers,
6ixxer

Texhnolyzing

Texhnolyzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

What do you use to record? I'm looking for something I can record with that I can hit a button to mark a spot right after a really good or special moment so i can go back and edit later. I'm also looking for something that is light on my pc, I love having maximum frames at around 244 for smooth playing. So would love to know what you use!

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

What do you use to record? I'm looking for something I can record with that I can hit a button to mark a spot right after a really good or special moment so i can go back and edit later. I'm also looking for something that is light on my pc, I love having maximum frames at around 244 for smooth playing. So would love to know what you use!

I personally like OBS, it has very little impact on frames in game, but my recordings always come out at 20 or so FPS. Then again, my normal FPS is pretty low, so... 

Edited by (TDM) DallasCreeper, 12 May 2016 - 04:41 AM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I use shadowplay....

^_^

no effect for me unless its like a REEALLY long match ( have happend at kuros ) and the video decides to split, i get a 2 sec fps halt then back to normal

but yeah shadow play is best i have found so far really

Edited by DemitronPrime, 12 May 2016 - 04:46 AM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

OBS ... my recordings always come out at 20 or so FPS ...

shadowplay

Shadowplay is literal Jesus if you like catching footage in the past with virtually zero affect on FPS, and not bloating your computer with a load of contextual information (excess footage you didn't really care about recording). You can record as usual, or you can use shadow record (which allows you to set the number of minutes in the past to record) with a single button to record what JUST happened- BUT BE AWARE, [for me at least] after each time you use the shadow record function, alt-tab out and back into the game, otherwise the next use of shadow record will [likely] result in corrupted, broken footage.

Unfortunately, you'll need an Nvidia graphics card to use the software, and you're limited to 30 or 60 FPS recordings.

OBS is what I use to record in 120 FPS, and has an impressively minimal effect on your computer.

OBS does not have a past-recording function, and requires a fair amount of tweaking of settings to get working- it's not user-friendly at all; it's so unfriendly in fact, that you'll have to adjust one setting just to ALLOW the adjusting of another setting to record in frames above 60 (I believe- all I know is I needed to do this to record at 120 FPS).

Feel free to ask me more about either- mostly OBS, really, Shadowplay is simple.

Edited by CoshCaust, 12 May 2016 - 03:34 PM.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Not bad Demi. It's nice to see you on the other end of the view, LOL. And I'm a wide spectrum music dude, I like the dub. :thumbsup:

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Not bad Demi. It's nice to see you on the other end of the view, LOL. And I'm a wide spectrum music dude, I like the dub. :thumbsup:

You mad a special little Feature in my other one Nov :P

Edited by DemitronPrime, 12 May 2016 - 05:07 PM.

• Nov8tr likes this

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: montage, Mid Tier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users