Photo

[Suggestion] New 1-use-only promo code to...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

So the idea would basically be as follows:

One New 1-use-only per account promo code to convert 50.000 HCs -does that amount sound fair enough to you, guys?- in 250 MCs. -same question as before here too.

This might be a decent way to incentivate new players in the game as well as a way to reward older player's loyalty as well.

Just an idea though. ;)

• DeeRax and bunny_fuzzy like this

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

@H@H@H@H@H@H@H@H@H@

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

maybe after a patch and polish and an officially release 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

maybe after a patch and polish and an officially release

eeeeyup that sounds about right

Edited by Shade__, 08 May 2016 - 12:47 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

won't happen

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

50.000 HCs 

Just noticed that extra 0 i think 5.000 would be fair

Edited by Shade__, 08 May 2016 - 02:33 PM.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
No.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

I know this will never happen but like WHY NOT GAIN MC IF YOU MAXED EVERYTHING OUT????? ..... Yeah I know the company needs to make money .... so this will never happen .... ahahahah

Edited by Grollourdo, 08 May 2016 - 06:13 PM.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Just gift the vets 10000 free MCs. Or RCs?

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

RABBLE RABBLE WHERE'S MY FUNNYMONEY GRRBLAH.

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I think it'd be better if all existing players got 1 free exclusive cosmetic item (maybe a flag that sticks off your head that reads "I'm over here") and new players got a 50% extra HC boost for a definite number of days.

Of course this should happen once things actually start happening, though.

Edit: Heh, or the flag could say "I'm STILL here"

Edited by Hecatoncheires, 09 May 2016 - 12:05 PM.

What the Heca-

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

I know this will never happen but like WHY NOT GAIN MC IF YOU MAXED EVERYTHING OUT????? .....

That would not be a terrible idea either, IMHO

What I suggested above was some sort of little reward (250 MC), f.e that in order to incentivate players who have been playing the game for some decent amount of time and continue moving forward. Nevertheless, you can not purchase many thingies with just 250 MC.. so I can not see any real reason to be exaggerating so much against such a suggestion I made

At the end, after consuming those few game credits you were gifted with is gonna end up opening your apetite for some more... most of the times that's what happens when you touch cash.. you'll end up wanting for more

Definitely not a suggestion against the biz model of HAWKEN, IMHO ;)

Edited by The_Silencer, 11 May 2016 - 01:12 PM.

The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

tbh though, MC is the  INCOME....

HC is FREE funny money...

why would a company want to give away REAL money in return for getting their own FUNNY money back?

as much as i LIKE the idea of converting HC to MC, we have to be a little realistic here....

In saying this... I think people should at any time be able buy cosmetics for outlandish HC prices (50k Paints--120k for new feet etc) as an alternative to MC...

THIS would not only inspire poor people to play more matchs to farm the HC they needed for cosmetics but it would also prevent issues with promo code abuse or anything along those lines

Edited by DemitronPrime, 09 May 2016 - 02:56 PM.

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

That would not a terrible idea either, IMHO

What I suggested above was some little reward (250 MC) to incentivate players who have been playing the game for some decent amount of time and move forward.  Nevertheless, you can not purchase many thingies with 250 MC so I see no real reason to be exaggerating against such a suggestion

At the end, after consuming those 250 MCs in the game will make you want for more..

So, basically, bring back the 'Thanks for playing' reward/achievement that ADH had put in?

IIRC, Josh said they took it out as it wasn't making a difference in conversion rates. Could be wrong on the reasoning tho...

As for an HC to MC conversion, I would really be surprised if that ever was implemented. I know WoT has (or had, I've not looked at it in some time) a way to convert 'silver' to 'gold', but the exchange rate required an insane amount of grinding to be able to get any of the premium currency for free (of course, some of the better weapons/ammo in WoT was gold only, so there is that).

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 838 posts

So, basically, bring back the 'Thanks for playing' reward/achievement that ADH had put in?

IIRC, Josh said they took it out as it wasn't making a difference in conversion rates. Could be wrong on the reasoning tho...

As for an HC to MC conversion, I would really be surprised if that ever was implemented. I know WoT has (or had, I've not looked at it in some time) a way to convert 'silver' to 'gold', but the exchange rate required an insane amount of grinding to be able to get any of the premium currency for free (of course, some of the better weapons/ammo in WoT was gold only, so there is that).

hold on.. really? I mean.. they removed the thanks for playing MCs reward/achievement? didn't know that... if so definitely not a good move from up there then

*shrugs*

Note: Requote me, plz. I'm sober now so I edited my previous post :P ;) j/k

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

its been gone for like a year,

too many smurf accounts claiming the free MC would be my guess...

Edited by DemitronPrime, 11 May 2016 - 03:24 PM.

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users