DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I wish I was this good.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Sriracha_Sauce

Sriracha_Sauce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

realizing i made it to the final cut

Spoiler

• CoshCaust likes this

Can't handle the sauce?

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Alot Of " good luck" moments there,

Considering ur playing on controller and all I respect that :P Nice Vid, And yeah... it has the Dub So im in

Edited by DemitronPrime, 15 May 2016 - 05:21 PM.

• CoshCaust likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Alot Of " good luck" moments there,

Considering ur playing on controller and all I respect that :P Nice Vid, And yeah... it has the Dub So im in

I guess good luck would be the bad positioning on the receiving end, correct? This isn't competitive play, but I don't mind finding holes and evolving my own meta.

• DemitronPrime likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Thats the Best way to get better imo...

I am just starting t get a little better myself ( mostly by watching my own recordings and seeing what i do wrong,

I enjoyed the vid though, again btw :P

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

FEF-FEFington

FEF-FEFington

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Must be one of them zero-turn lawnmowers with all those 180s. Sick vid!

76561198011099779.png

Formerly known as "HawkeyeJ"

Also Known As "The guy who played Hawken with a steering wheel"

YouTube | Steam

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Showing montage video of hitscan shotgun loadouts is like being proud of being good with an assault. Ugh.

But (as le play of 2:40 already mentioned): You sir, know how to use a 180-air. 1+ Style point.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Showing montage video of hitscan shotgun loadouts is like being proud of being good with an assault. Ugh.

I'd rather see videos from people proud of being good with an assault than read negativity like that.
+1 douche-baggery point

Edited by 6ixxer, 16 May 2016 - 01:04 AM.

• CoshCaust, Bergwein, Shoutaxeror and 1 other like this

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

But (as le play of 2:40 already mentioned): You sir, know how to use a 180-air. 1+ Style point.

Landing long-range Mirv shots never gets old, especially when they kill.

What's wrong with being good with Assault? Ironically enough, I started messing around with it for the first time last night, and needless to say, the only time I felt good with it when I wasn't being targeted, being able to just focus on landing everything.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Landing long-range Mirv shots never gets old, especially when they kill.

What's wrong with being good with Assault? Ironically enough, I started messing around with it for the first time last night, and needless to say, the only time I felt good with it when I wasn't being targeted, being able to just focus on landing everything.

Compare it to races. Being good with Assault equals to being good driving fast while being good with (EOC) Raider (especially the Corsair) or SS equals being good in poppin' wheelies. 

Nothing is special about driving fast, I mean it is fun, but simply not special at all. This basically goas for the Assault. It is nothing really special, easy to use, good stats, beginner friendly. 

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Compare it to races. Being good with Assault equals to being good driving fast while being good with (EOC) Raider (especially the Corsair) or SS equals being good in poppin' wheelies.

>implying SS isn't 100% unadulterated hitscan becoming a shotgun when un-scoped
I think I found your main, Mr. Bias.
Your analogy is silly. It's ridiculous to place so much importance on the velocity of the projectile being fired. Project ordinance slow enough and every kill becomes "oh that wasn't impressive because anyone with a brain would've evaded the shot, free kill".

Fast shot = 2ez, slow shot = 2ez..?

It's about everything put together- projectile speed doesn't trump all.

Edited by CoshCaust, 16 May 2016 - 03:06 PM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

projectile speed is unimportant.

ERRRRRNT. Ah, so sad. You almost had a point.

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

ERRRRRNT. Ah, so sad. You almost had a point.

Edited to appease your pedantry :)

You're right my phrasing was bad and I should feel bad.

• XPloyt and DemitronPrime like this

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Nothing is special about driving fast, I mean it is fun, but simply not special at all. This basically goas for the Assault. It is nothing really special, easy to use, good stats, beginner friendly. 

I mean, perhaps the way you play these mechs it's aesthetic as opposed to functionality; a very small percentage can "pop wheelies", as you so aptly describe it, assuming you meant playing close quarters with SS, or maybe close quarters or hitscan moreso in Hawken's general terms of gameplay.

Of course, not everyone is going to play with the same loadout, so results can vary. Maybe I've chosen a predestined path as a controller user, so I may come across as a "one-trick pony", but I refuse to see the gameplay in such a binary format that it feels like it's in, and choosing to utilize what may be deemed as unpopular to approach the game with a different dynamic. To me, that's more fun than always playing the ultimate numbers game: dps vs. health, in every standoff, with a tired routine.

I feel your disdain for what you feel is obligatory, but don't let the silly avatar romanticize and reinforce your negative thoughts.

Edited by XPloyt, 16 May 2016 - 06:09 PM.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

eff it.  When I give examples from my own experience, it comes off as a brag.

Kaim, I wonder if you've ever had a bike at the absolute limit and kept it there for multiple races, multiple seasons?  I think your analogy is flawed:  it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Edited by Lunatic, 16 May 2016 - 06:42 PM.

• coldform likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Kaim, I wonder if you've ever had a bike at the absolute limit and kept it there for multiple races, multiple seasons?  I think your analogy is flawed:  it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

as much as i tend to agree with this...

I struggle to find an overall point that refers to the OP....

mind you i never said i was smart

Edited by DemitronPrime, 16 May 2016 - 06:49 PM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

as much as i tend to agree with this...

I struggle to find an overall point that refers to the OP....

mind you i never said i was smart

I never said I was replying to the OP.  I did reply to Kaim, even named him.

Are you trying to build your post count in a single night?

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

What thought put into it was only meant to detract. That's all.

I did come from a space of "This is what I do, this is how I play". Nothing I do is exceptional, but often overlooked...and frankly, I'm totally cool with that, especially in this community. I expect nothing more than to be disregarded, for better or for worse, and unfortunately it's probably over a peripheral and I'm elated to know that, because it speaks for itself in general. Well, I do tend to be an idiot, so maybe not.

If anything, I would like to present the thought of attempting, or planting a seed, to do something differently, or to affect change if even on a minor scale, even if something I did better than everyone else got flipped on me. Perhaps that is something I bear inside that is not just within the confines of a game.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

>implying SS isn't 100% unadulterated hitscan becoming a shotgun when un-scoped
I think I found your main, Mr. Bias.
Your analogy is silly. It's ridiculous to place so much importance on the velocity of the projectile being fired. Project ordinance slow enough and every kill becomes "oh that wasn't impressive because anyone with a brain would've evaded the shot, free kill".

Fast shot = 2ez, slow shot = 2ez..?

It's about everything put together- projectile speed doesn't trump all.

Tell me what you want but it simply does not change the fact that hitscan requires less skill than non-hitscan weapons. I rarely see EOC preds/infils/raiders. 85% use the hitscans, 10% the heat infil and 5% EOC pred/raider/infil combined. 

People will always go the way of the least resistant if they want to be succesful but I don't see the success in getting kills with a beginner friendly tool.

Yes projectile speed does matter. Use the shotgun-corsair and the T32 at the same time at max. range at a moving target when aiming directly at it. I can tell you that one of your weapons will miss.

Also take iDim for example. A skilled sniper that really knows where to shoot before his opponent even leaves cover. As soon as you leave cover, he will hit. And even though SS uses hitscan weapons, the actualy hitbox is way smaller on medium - long range. Bonus points for CQC SS (I like to do that with my slug-reaper). 

But now looking at CQC hitscan wepaons, there is absolutely no requirement of using these weapons rather than looking at your target and click LMB as fast as you can. 

How often do I see damage applied first and then the actual bullets missing my hitbox. 

Tell what you want, hitscan weapons (in any game) are way easier to use than non-hitscan ones. That's a simple and easy-to-understand fact.

HHJFTRU

HHJFTRU

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Amazing video.

#more_speed_for_EOC

Ceterum censeo ... bootcamp-servers!  &:

#rapidMMR4newaccounts      #removethedelay

#morespeed4EOC                 #lessspread4T-32

#buffG2R                               #nerfZerk'n'Assault

#dosomethingwithHF             #noisesupression4breacher

THANKS FOR THIS AWESOME GAME!

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Something something... Opinion...

You know what they say about opinions.
You're an arsehole.
No wait, you smell like ass.

Oh look, more alcohol....

Edited by 6ixxer, 17 May 2016 - 02:28 AM.

• dorobo, LaurenEmily and DemitronPrime like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

You know what they say about opinions.
You're an arsehole.
No wait, you smell like ass.

Oh look, more alcohol....

I like your opinion, matey! ;D

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I never said I was replying to the OP.  I did reply to Kaim, even named him.

Are you trying to build your post count in a single night?

I was aiming for a specific number yes.... Shame i overshot.... u_u

p.s not serious

Edited by DemitronPrime, 17 May 2016 - 06:04 AM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Yes projectile speed does matter. Use the shotgun-corsair and the T32 at the same time at max. range at a moving target when aiming directly at it. I can tell you that one of your weapons will miss.

...Thanks. Lol.

I mean, all of my shrug.

My point stands. You are putting FAR too much emphasis on the velocity of weapons in this game. There is so much extremely close combat where no weapon's velocity matters.

You're pointing out the obvious, but exaggerating it greatly.

Edited by CoshCaust, 17 May 2016 - 09:01 AM.

• XPloyt likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

...Thanks. Lol.

I mean, all of my shrug.

My point stands. You are putting FAR too much emphasis on the velocity of weapons in this game. There is so much extremely close combat where no weapon's velocity matters.

You're pointing out the obvious, but exaggerating it greatly.

If you wish, I can talk about the utterly boring low risk - high reward stuff but I admit that hitscan does bother me ALOT. I mean it is one of the main reasons I play Battlefield (instead of some other hitscan shooter).

CoshCaust

CoshCaust

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

If you wish, I can talk about the utterly boring low risk - high reward stuff but I admit that hitscan does bother me ALOT. I mean it is one of the main reasons I play Battlefield (instead of some other hitscan shooter).

I understand the topic; and I actually resonate with identifying the more skillful aspects of a game, favoring them over other options which are 'too easy', but it's clear our thresholds are different- or maybe it's more complicated.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Battlefield, I had such a massive erection for the bullet physics in that game- to this day, some of my most amazing gaming experiences were in the Battlefield series, making absolutely unreal long distance shots. Even in Hawken - where I'm slightly opposing you on the matter - I avoid using an Orblord outfit because it's too easy, and is a crutch making you an overall worse player.

All that being said though, I still just feel like you're giving hitscan too much credit. So many games, and so many weapons in Hawken use hitscan, so I can't say it's a crutch reducing your overall skill- which is my personal main reason for not using Scanner (mostly Scanner just doesn't fit my play style) or Orblord. Hell, with Hawken's trash netcode, there IS no hitscan- I'm struggling to lead everything including point blank Flak from 40 ping up :/

I guess in the end - like I said, we have different thresholds for the same opinion - it just comes down to our opinions; but I think you should rethink how much projectile velocity really matters in the average game. Basically I don't think it's nearly worth using as criticism of another player's skill- which is why we're having this conversation.

Note:

What i mean by threshold:

3. Extremely easy to use, generally thought to be amazingly powerful: Scanner

2. Easy to master, generally thought to be abnormally powerful: Orblord

1. Easier to use, generally less powerful: Hitscan

I stop after #1, saying the higher numbers are silly, you appear to stop before #1, saying the same.

Edited by CoshCaust, 17 May 2016 - 12:17 PM.

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

I understand the topic; and I actually resonate with identifying the more skillful aspects of a game, favoring them over other options which are 'too easy', but it's clear our thresholds are different- or maybe it's more complicated.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on Battlefield, I had such a massive erection for the bullet physics in that game- to this day, some of my most amazing gaming experiences were in the Battlefield series, making absolutely unreal long distance shots. Even in Hawken - where I'm slightly opposing you on the matter - I avoid using an Orblord outfit because it's too easy, and is a crutch making you an overall worse player.

All that being said though, I still just feel like you're giving hitscan too much credit. So many games, and so many weapons in Hawken use hitscan, so I can't say it's a crutch reducing your overall skill- which is my personal main reason for not using Scanner (mostly Scanner just doesn't fit my play style) or Orblord. Hell, with Hawken's trash netcode, there IS no hitscan- I'm struggling to lead everything including point blank Flak from 40 ping up :/

I guess in the end - like I said, we have different thresholds for the same opinion - it just comes down to our opinions; but I think you should rethink how much projectile velocity really matters in the average game. Basically I don't think it's nearly worth using as criticism of another player's skill- which is why we're having this conversation.

Note:

What i mean by threshold:

3. Extremely easy to use, generally thought to be amazingly powerful: Scanner

2. Easy to master, generally thought to be abnormally powerful: Orblord

1. Easier to use, generally less powerful: Hitscan

I stop after #1, saying the higher numbers are silly, you appear to stop before #1, saying the same.

1. (Heh you see what I did there), your style of counting numbers gave me a mindf-

2. Sure in the end it is just about opinions and my opinion is that anyone who mainly uses hitscan weapons and tries to avoid non-hitscan ones (like breacher/T32 Predator there is also a friendly EOCR available!) generally is worse with non-hitscan ones. That's my opinion and we have talked about that enough (for now :P)

3. Not only hitscan but other stuff is beginner friendly, basically everything became beginner friendly with the Ascension and heatsink update. 

All these things: Aircompressor, Orblord, Hitscan, Scanners are in my opinion so utterly easy to use but high rewarding 'things' and in the end it all refers to one argument: Low skill features should provide a low reward. High risk - high reward, low risk - low reward and the same should apply for the difficulty of something to use. Difficult to use - more maximum power and vice versa. 

Things like Scanners and Orbs are incredibly easy to use and there is absoluletly no way one could get rid of someone else's orb. You can't even shoot them. 

And my loadouts usually avoid these. Infiltrator and Reaper are my favourite mechs and neither of them uses any of the stuff mentioned above (with the exception of the hitscan for the Reaper obviously, I would love a non-hitscan weapon, tho).

Hawken has its reasons why it is dead and IMO the old devs made a really good job in generating these reasons by making everything beginner friendly or simply said: easy*. 

Back to the old Hawken 12/12/12 (without the god-like shields and all the other annoying stuff) and we are fine. I even dare to claim that the old Hawken would atleast quatripledouble the player base.

PS: *The problem isn't that rookies have an easier way to get into the game, the problem is that every average player is capable of achieving high rewards against the rookies. Quite common people say they have just mastered the game and move on to something else (because they just arrived at their first skill-wall).

Edited by Crimson Kaim, 17 May 2016 - 12:58 PM.

• dorobo likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Internal respect for those smooth air 180's.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users