• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Fuji Sportif 1.0(about 950 with 140 rack, 40 pump, 6.50 tube, and 80 ortlieb pannier) which is the bike I did a approximately 4800 mile cross country ride with last summer. The thief was caught on camera, a police report was filed, serial number included, and I'm up on bike index and project 529, but the chance is still low.

Shitty.... But if you have them on camera there is a chance. I'd also keep a look out on Craigslist in cities in your area (some people are pretty stupid).

Str8Jacket223

Str8Jacket223

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
I've been watching streams and youtube for the past hour or so. It's so funny and interesting to watch people figure the game out. Brought back memories of how terrible I was first few matches.

I watched a dude shoot at a hologram for a solid ten seconds.

I watched a dude in turret mode the whole match....and he was steam rolling.

There is no dodging yet, and I've noticed people(well, the few ive watched)are actually doing worse against bots then people. When the bots dodge it fuzzy bunnys their whole world up.

The most interesting thing to me is the return of ground play.

I'm wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the possibility of a resurgence of ground play, now that internals are locked and not everyone can have AC.

Probably it's because everyone is new to consoles but I would like to see things stay on the ground for the most part.
  • Liederkranz likes this

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

I discourage the stomping behaviour practised on begginners. I mean everybody has done it at least once but right now I try to lock myself with some rules when fighting begginners, like only using primary or always being on the ground or no healing until I'm dead. That gives them a head start and it's less frustrating, and leads to less people abandoning. This is particularily important in South American servers where the playerbase is even smaller and we're getting a bunch of curious new players that hopped on the console hype train and are trying the game in PC.

Putting that aside, I like the review you hybrid hawken players are doing about the console experience. Not owning a console leaves me only with the streams of ppl playing and you don't always get feedback from them while playing.

Edited by Liederkranz, 07 July 2016 - 12:35 PM.

• Jelooboi, harmless_kittens and tropt like this

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

tropt

tropt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

... only using primary or always being on the ground or no healing until I'm dead. ...

This is exactly how i play the bot matches. Just to practice positioning, aim and timing. 

Biding my time, until the Oceania servers pilots return. 

So many pilots gone. Gotta go. Eyes sweating. 

Edited by tropt, 07 July 2016 - 05:28 PM.

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Super kill (5 opponents) obtained last night on Origin with the Berzerker.

Minor change to TDM is the matches are 8 minutes(10 on PC) long with a approximately 20 second(45 on PC I believe) match start countdown.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Super kill (5 opponents) obtained last night on Origin with the Berzerker.

Good work now go obtain a hexakill with a tech.
  • MomOw likes this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Good work now go obtain a hexakill with a tech.

I refuse to play the tech. I'm sure the tech is quite strong though on console since the secondary aims for you(aiming in general is harder with a controller).

• Krellus and harmless_kittens like this

Stryno

Stryno

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok so I never post on the forums though I do read them, I thought it interesting to share my xbox experience since I just bought one after the release of Hawken on console.  I didn't buy a Xbox just because of Hawken, I love the idea of mindlessly geek-ing out on the couch racing cars, killing orcs, climbing bell towers with my bare hands etc., and then Hawken pushed me over the edge to "buy now". Had  to get the gold package to play hawken, far enough, though competitively gaming on a console over a PC seems ridicules, albeit like the IROC of gaming, everyone uses stock, but still internet service provides and server location have there effect on fairness.  

Being new to Xbox I already feel that I am playing with my feet, but even beyond that some issues about control layout baffle me, I thought surely mapping of buttons would be possible, and  I am not understanding why it isn't. I hear that is the way it is and all games use pretty much the standard, if you learn one, you've learned them all.  Shame though, my index and middle finger on the right hand fire primary and secondary instinctively, I have a button on the controller for those two fingers, but 'no' the index is no longer primary- it jumps, so awkward.  The heal button is  to be pressed by the thumb that I use to aim,  which you can aim while healing, movement is disabled during the heal, but there the left thumb is setting on the movement analog, so I stretch it over to look with the other analog, and when I am done healing, I have to reposition not only my hands but my cross hairs too, because inevitable I move them in the transition.  I love healing and someone thinks they have the drop on me only to find that when I pop up I have a tow hook sighted on their forehead,  but not on console.  Why the heal wouldn't be executed with the movement thumb seems at best, silly.

I am still not done with my complaint about the unintuitive mapping of controls, some things like the reapers am-sar/sabot combo make controlling (an already difficult matter for me) more difficult.  Instead of using the aim hand to fire, now  I have to bounce both fire fingers in syncopated rhythm with the guns ,while not interfering with the slight precision of movement and aiming.  If  both fire buttons were on the right like a mouse, then aiming and firing of weapons would be right hand/ and moving, jumping, and boosting/dodge would be left hand.  Not only would this be more inline with PC, but also seems intuitive to split the task of each hand. .....end control rant.

As stated and I will not beat this dead horse, just repeat that it is a dead horse, "what no bot customization" mixing and matching was half the fun so what if some was better then others... that is kinda the point, finding if it works for you are not.  Some things I could not get to work... some people could totally own.

The last complaint I have is the UI, so not near as attractive as the PC, it is blocky and cumbersome.  It does not have the Hawken coolness factor, I am sorry for the person who designed the colors and layout, but maybe design is not your thing, there is no way the UI for PC was designed by the same guy who designed it for Xbox, and it shows.  

What I do like about it,... I can play with my friends that don't do computers, and I like the webmatrix of bots that guide you from one bot type to the next, while frustrating for people that has played the game for years, I think it is a good feature. I know I bought a few bots and then realized I was not ready for them, a few months later and after learning a little more about the game mechanics, I could use them. Having the matrix, I think is a good Idea for developing skilled players, even if I don't personal feel I need the restriction.

So that is my review of PC to console Hawken,  my experience on console online reminds me of why I love PC so much.  I do like the veg out lunch box titles with less involvement, but I can still live with out a console, but would go mad without a PC.

And yes it is nice to see hawken getting into the hands of more users.

• DieselCat and 6ixxer like this

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I refuse to play the tech. I'm sure the tech is quite strong though on console since the secondary aims for you(aiming in general is harder with a controller).

Onebullit

Onebullit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Here is my review of  Hawken on the PS4 after playing 2 hours.

Hawken sucks on the PS4

- Aiming sucks

- Frame rate sucks

- Graphics suck

- Mechtree sucks

- Friendlist bug is back in the form of fragbug (Double suck)

- L1=boost and R1=Hover (Triple suck)

- No option to remap button configuration (so much suck)

- P2W mech like Nief only for PS+ members and not obtainable by HC or MC for others (infinite suck)

Thanks for reading my full-blown review of Hawken.

See you on the battlefield.........but not on the PS4.

Edited by Onebullit, 09 July 2016 - 12:45 PM.

• 6ixxer likes this

><(((((°> - - - - - - - - - - -  ><((°> ><((°> ><((°>

HAWKEN ---> hawken ---> hawken ---> RIP 2017

Hawken gameplay and funky fragmontages: Hawken playlist

Buy Free Mechs for 1234 $, NO SCAM, Babaji Approves

Krellus

Krellus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

i like hawken better on ps4. it's harder to aim etc, but feels like a more even playing field. none of that dodgy PC config shenanigans.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

i like hawken better on ps4. it's harder to aim etc, but feels like a more even playing field. none of that dodgy PC config shenanigans.

It's more of an even playing field because everyone's a beginner either to the game or playing Hawken on a controller, I would venture to say.

Edited by Silverfire, 09 July 2016 - 09:56 PM.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

It's more of an even playing field because everyone's a beginner either to the game or playing Hawken on a controller, I would venture to say.

You are right. No matter what the button layout, for PS4 at least, is doo doo butter. Makes for clunky movement and trying to pull off backwards strafes and whatnot leads to a lot of accidental 180s. I hate it. Custom button layouts need to happen.

SSSS

SSSS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

- Whoever is responsible for the Nief should be fired.

- The port is a mess (what did I expect from a company that's responsible for this )

- Redesigns look amateurish (menus etc.)

I'm fuzzy bunnyng done. Instead of doing something truly great with the franchise, we got this, a cheap money-grab.

https://community.pl...ick-dead-zones/

^This and the unstable framerate makes aiming really difficult.

• Onebullit likes this

20GT

20GT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

I've been playing mostly HEAT scout since my flak scout doesn't exist on console. Still convinced HEAT is the best weapon in the game

What do you mean by that? The "HEAT CHARGE"?

I don't see anything weapon wise with the word heat in it but that

Edited by 20GT, 16 July 2017 - 03:32 PM.

Everyone looks to the past as the golden times, a place to return to in our dreams... 

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

What do you mean by that? The "HEAT CHARGE"?

I don't see anything weapon wise with the word heat in it but that

HEAT Cannon. Scout has it, among a few other mechs.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I have an xbox controller that i'd like to try on PC just for giggles, but I don't know if it is worthwhile if I have to hack the control scheme

I am also in favour of left hand movement + heal, right hand weapons + look

That's how I play now with a lefty-joystick and mouse, and having to split some movement functions to right hand would be too steep a curve I think.

Edited by 6ixxer, 18 July 2017 - 07:15 PM.

CosmicCasey59

CosmicCasey59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
I play on the Xbox and there is in game button mapping under settings I believe, I've change the triggers so that my right trigger was for the right side weapon and left for the left only problem is it stays that way and isn't good for every mech then you have to go back and change it to default settings , now using elite controller has much more you can have two different settings on the controller that you can change just by flicking a switch plus many more in settings that can be picked by picking them

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I have an xbox controller that i'd like to try on PC just for giggles, but I don't know if it is worthwhile if I have to hack the control scheme

I am also in favour of left hand movement + heal, right hand weapons + look

That's how I play now with a lefty-joystick and mouse, and having to split some movement functions to right hand would be too steep a curve I think.

I've always played holding a controller in my left hand and a gaming mouse in my right.  I get the best of both worlds - fluid, easy to manage player-character movement, mouse-precision aiming and all the buttons already under a finger/thumb.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users