• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Since my bike got jacked(replacing next week) and with the holiday I have some additional time. I've been playing Hawken at various times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. STP ride is going to be fuzzy bunnyng brutal with a week off of biking.

I've been playing mostly HEAT scout since my flak scout doesn't exist on console. Still convinced HEAT is the best weapon in the game(especially now since many players lack the ability to dodge). No idea how to get Nief or the Charge mech.

Current states on console(solo queue only so far)

K/D 5.16

W/L 83.0%     54 wins    9 losses   2 abandons

Play time: 9:27:37

score per min : 203.64

Dominating console players with nearly 4 years of Hawken knowledge: priceless

Based on streams I've seen console players really enjoy Hawken, but it can be better. Please release other mech weapon configurations in the future(no need to cut content). In a sense the console version has given me some new experiences since I never played around with the HEAT on PC or use the blockade(or scanner). The scanner range is significantly lower on the console(no idea what the leveled up version is like though).

The best known Xbox mech console game is still Mech Assault. Hawken on console could be the next great console mech shooter. Mech Assault was for the most part universally loved, but Mech Assault 2 was loathed by many. What made Mech Assault so great was the ability to choose how you wanted to play. If you wanted to be a slow plodding heavy or a nimble light mech you could. In Mech Assault 2 the ability to choose was removed by placing only certain mechs on certain maps. The intention of the Mech Assault developers was give variety, but by limiting player choice the maps became stagnant and a race to certain mechs. Hawken doesn't have mech restrictions in terms of selecting, but weapon combos are vary limited. Also unless you buy a mech with real money you will have to grind considerably for some mechs on the outer edge of the tree. Also CTF on Mech Assault was immensely popular please consider making the often sought after CTF game mode.

I've managed to play well enough to now be called a cheater on console by one individual. Another player tried to vote kick me repeatably, but failed every time.

As others have mentioned please consider dropping the G2 mechs as strict upgrades. I was always under the assumption that the G2s in the past were just going to be mechs with dual primary weapons.

The servers can be a complete gamble. The worst servers are Ashburn. I've had games that lag for 20 seconds repeatably on Ashburn. Aiming is quite a bit harder as expected compared to using a keyboard/mouse combo.

Current score: 7 or 8 out of 10 for the initial content.

I may not ever be number one on PC, but give me some MMR leaderboards on Xbox.

Edited by Analysis, 03 July 2016 - 07:22 PM.

• Nept and Miscellaneous like this

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Just completed my most lopsided match to date.

38-11 final score in TDM

19k-2D-13A

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Sadly Reloaded and their amazing play testers know best.

Hopefully Reloaded manages to work customization back into the game sooner rather than later though I can't for the life of me wrap my head around launching a game with a major key component missing and basically squandering your one chance to make a good first impression with not one but TWO new audiences on TWO new platforms.

Seems everywhere I look console players are enjoying Hawken but they already want more and feel limited. I've seen it on Reddit, social media, Twitch, and more. People like how the game plays, the maps, and all that (basically the parts Reloaded translated directly over) and dislike the lack of variety, strict structure, vertical progression, and basically everything Reloaded changed because they know best and clearly no one here has any experience worth tapping into or at the very least listening to.

And like I said the worst aspect about all this and the part that really ticks me off is that this was Reloaded and Hawken's one chance to make a great first impression on console gamers and Reloaded literally did everything in their power to blow it sort of releasing a broken game that doesn't work. I mean the fact that PC prompts for upgrades and unlocks which don't exist in the console version are popping up and confusing players says a lot about the effort Reloaded put into porting Hawken over to consoles.

I hope for better things in the future but I don't hold my breath because nothing Reloaded has done thus far inspires confidence or gives me faith that this hand basket we're all in is heading anywhere but hell right now.

• XPloyt, Crminimal, Miscellaneous and 5 others like this

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

I might go back to Halo 5 for the night. My domination caused about a dozen players to leave during the last match. The conquest of the console is real.

• wolfrock likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

so... basicaly

Your not that great on PC so your stomping noobs on xbox and trying to pass it off as a review?

cummon bruh, dont scare away all the players a week after they get the game....

• crockrocket, Luaq, Jelooboi and 2 others like this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

so... basicaly

Your not that great on PC so your stomping noobs on xbox and trying to pass it off as a review?

I'm decent. I'm not as strong as I once was, but I don't play as much either.

• Luaq likes this

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

so... basicaly

This was why essentially after a few matches I stopped playing on my buddy's Xbox then proceeded to tell him every noobish, terrible thing he did as I watched him play the remainder of the night. It's what I think surfing would feel like if I smurfed. Unleashing hell on unsuspecting victims. I can see why people do it, the feeling of power overwhelming. Just straight dong smacking people in the face knowing there is nothing they can do to get back at you. All this and I hated the feel on the controller and the terrible button layout.

Edited by WmMoneyFrmMissouri, 03 July 2016 - 07:57 PM.

• Luaq likes this

wmmoney.png

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Well, All us PC players can do now is wait for what Reloaded has in store for us now (hopefully they fix a few things that we have raised issues about, but they might not not).

• DieselCat likes this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

W/L 83.0%     54 wins    9 losses   2 abandons

YOU BIG QUITTER.

• Analysis, Elite_is_salty, Miscellaneous and 5 others like this

BravoSmoker

BravoSmoker

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Im loving this game on Xbox One, but the connection issues are really hurting my enjoyment. I just hyped up a bunch of friends to play but we can't event join up together due to server issues.. it's really bad guys. Please send a Hot fix very soon #hawken

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

And you're not even good lol. 

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Really?  You're really going to play that card?  I'll give you one.  That's it.  This is your one.  

• Elite_is_salty, LaurenEmily, Luaq and 2 others like this

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Good is subjective. I'm still under 400 hours on PC.

YOU BIG QUITTER.

Well one abandon was from a game crash. The other was an ashburn lag game(mechs walking into walls).

• Luaq likes this

AxionOperandi

AxionOperandi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

So what kind of bike was it?

Any hope of tracking it down?

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

So what kind of bike was it?

Any hope of tracking it down?

Fuji Sportif 1.0(about 950 with 140 rack, 40 pump, 6.50 tube, and 80 ortlieb pannier) which is the bike I did a approximately 4800 mile cross country ride with last summer. The thief was caught on camera, a police report was filed, serial number included, and I'm up on bike index and project 529, but the chance is still low.

• Luaq likes this

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

Really?  You're really going to play that card?  I'll give you one.  That's it.  This is your one.  

My point is not to demean his point or attempt to invalidate his opinion. It's that console players are THAT bad. 

• Arkhaun and Shade__ like this

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

I love mechs walking into walls..  :ninja:

• 1uster likes this

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Didn't know you were in the Seattle area, good luck on the STP!  I'll be doing it next year since I haven't had enough time to train for it this year (and my bike needs some replacement parts).

How about some more info on your playtime?  How many mechs have you unlocked, how much time with each mech, which gamemodes have you been playing, is it common to have full servers, when people leave how quickly does their spot get filled, etc.?

My point is not to demean his point or attempt to invalidate his opinion. It's that console players are THAT bad. 

They're new.  There's a lot to learn in Hawken that's different from other generic shooters, and having that experience is a huge advantage.  It would be much easier for any experienced Hawken player to learn to use a controller than for someone who's used to a controller to learn Hawken.

Edited by ThirdEyE, 03 July 2016 - 10:59 PM.

• crockrocket, CounterlogicMan and Charcoal like this

oSpBaPA.png

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Didn't know you were in the Seattle area, good luck on the STP!  I'll be doing it next year since I haven't had enough time to train for it this year (and my bike needs some replacement parts).

How about some more info on your playtime?  How many mechs have you unlocked, how much time with each mech, which gamemodes have you been playing, is it common to have full servers, when people leave how quickly does their spot get filled, etc.?

They're new.  There's a lot to learn in Hawken that's different from other generic shooters, and having that experience is a huge advantage.  It would be much easier for any experienced Hawken player to learn to use a controller than for someone who's used to a controller to learn Hawken.

I'm near Portland. The plan this year is try something a little crazy. I want to bike to Seattle and come back with the STP route. I've never done back to back double centuries before. If you see some bearded guy cursing under his breath without cleats and an Ortlieb bag on the Friday before STP thats probably me. Good luck with your training.

You start with the CRT. I bought the Assault(current G2 in PC), Scout, Brawler, and Berzerker. I have about 10k HC still. The most common mechs in the matches are CRT, Assault, and Berzerker. You can't view time per mech as you can in the PC. I'm 19 wins 2 loss 1 abandon in Missile Assault and 38 wins 7 losses 1 abandon in TDM. I haven't played any siege since I never enjoyed that mode on the PC. Maybe 1-3 FFA games. You won't have any problem getting into any mode by queuing if you play in NA. A server list does exist, but you can't do all the server list features on the PC. C0-OP Bot Destruction is quite popular. Just by scrolling through the list without counting I'm confident more people are playing Hawken in NA at 12:45am PST than peak PC time globally. Getting into matches are done in under a minute(probably under 30 seconds even). People fill up rooms quite quickly when matches are about to start or have already begun. Current listing of regions are NA, Europe, Asia, Oceania(even games on Oceania are filled), and South America. The launch is still early and no marketing seems to be present yet.

• ThirdEyE, crockrocket and Luaq like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Fuji Sportif 1.0(about 950 with 140 rack, 40 pump, 6.50 tube, and 80 ortlieb pannier) which is the bike I did a approximately 4800 mile cross country ride with last summer. The thief was caught on camera, a police report was filed, serial number included, and I'm up on bike index and project 529, but the chance is still low.

Damn dude that fuzzing blows. Best of luck tracking it down

Edit: just read your last comment, that's good info. It's great to hear that MA is alive on well on console

Edited by crockrocket, 04 July 2016 - 12:16 AM.

• Luaq and DemitronPrime like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

CarrierBomb

CarrierBomb

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So I am playing on console I got my reaper to rank 4 and am still unable to select the hawkin RPR has anyone else had issues with getting their second primary weapons selected I'm on XBOX ONE.

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Is there a discernable MMR system in the console version?

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Why do I have the feeling we're going to see a crt speeding by on Prosk with this bike....
  • Luaq and DemitronPrime like this

wmmoney.png

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Is there a discernable MMR system in the console version?

I have no idea if MMR is present or not. The star system is present in the server list though so it does suggest some sort ranking evaluation is still here. I have had some close games when the other team forms a mech blob. If the game isn't a blow out the other team often has a high scorer as well that has diverged from their fellow teammates.

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Why do I have the feeling we're going to see a crt speeding by on Prosk with this bike....

Hahaha
@analysis should totally bike with a cardboard box improvised CRT BLUE SCREEN costume! And have a friend film him with a couple go pros :P

• WmMoneyFrmMissouri and DemitronPrime like this

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Im guessing you were comfortable with a controller prior to this.

I assume voip is functioning. Do people communicate during matches?

• Bergwein likes this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Do people communicate during matches?

Good question.

• dorobo likes this

DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

So the consoles got Hawken, Not bad.

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Im guessing you were comfortable with a controller prior to this.

I assume voip is functioning. Do people communicate during matches?

I've been playing Halo on and off since Halo CE. I have my moments, but aiming is always difficult with a controller in comparison to a keyboard/mouse. You are using a thumb vs an entire hand so that quantity of muscles alone with give better control.

I haven't heard any voice chat while in game. My default headset has been somewhat wonky though. Also with the inclusion of party chat years ago Xbox Live is considerably less sociable now than when it launched in the mid to early 2000s. People do have a tendency to click "enemy over here" to alert teammates and "help needed" when encountering opponents.

Graphics have been downgraded and are probably equivalent to medium/low on PC. Frame rate is probably about 30 fps.

Edited by Analysis, 04 July 2016 - 12:49 PM.

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Founders pack is available on Xbox.

https://store.xbox.c...27-9e8b82af2aa9

No idea if this will be on PC. I would rather buy any sort of cosmetics on the PC version. I believe the exclusive skin for the charge mech is an eye-ball paint job.

Hocisern

Hocisern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

I've had a similar experience, and I have absolutely no misconceptions about my fuzzy bunny status on PC. (My MMR was just a hair above 2000 last I remember checking it). http://i.imgur.com/pduhwnj.png

I do think my matches are getting a bit more balanced now, though. Noticed I can't completely carry a MA match on my own anymore.

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Founders pack is available on Xbox.

https://store.xbox.c...27-9e8b82af2aa9

No idea if this will be on PC. I would rather buy any sort of cosmetics on the PC version. I believe the exclusive skin for the charge mech is an eye-ball paint job.

• Game description:An incredible deal only available for launch week. Get a head start on the competition. Includes: o Early access to a fully upgraded G2-Charge mech and an exclusive skin o The Vanguard mech, a powerful Heavy mech o 50 Consumables o 50 Holo Taunts o 1275 MC to unlock whatever you please o 5000 HC to immediately upgrade your favorite mechs

"Hey pay us 50 usd for the hopes and dreams of customizing your mechs on console "

Money grab tactic 101

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Arkhaun

Arkhaun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Hahaha
@analysis should totally bike with a cardboard box improvised CRT BLUE SCREEN costume! And have a friend film him with a couple go pros :P

a lifetime of .GIF fuel

SORRY CAPS

170323-R9tPRfBFIQ79.jpg

Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 939 posts

I do think my matches are getting a bit more balanced now, though. Noticed I can't completely carry a MA match on my own anymore.

Alternative possibility: You're getting worse!

• Analysis, LaurenEmily and DemitronPrime like this

Analysis

Analysis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

First impression of reaper with AM-SAR with a controller was disappointing. No way in hell am I'm going to click that many times with the left trigger. The reaper needs the slug/hawkins combo with a controller.

up to 85% w/l and rising.

Edited by Analysis, 04 July 2016 - 07:47 PM.

Hocisern

Hocisern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Alternative possibility: You're getting worse!

Yup, that must be it.

Jelooboi

Jelooboi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Why do some of you guys go full-autsimo mode and over analyse things, just to shitpost on the forums about it

Of course you're gonna stomp console players with 4 years of exp so why even bother mentioning it, don't you like have work or something
Some of you got too much free time, don't waste it all on a mediocre game. 

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Why do some of you guys go full-autsimo mode and over analyse things, just to shitpost on the forums about it

Of course you're gonna stomp console players with 4 years of exp so why even bother mentioning it, don't you like have work or something
Some of you got too much free time, don't waste it all on a mediocre game. 

Maybe i missed the point but it seems they complain about some other things. And im sure many of us shitpost from workplaces. While working is what i meant.

137226978475.jpg

Edited by dorobo, 04 July 2016 - 10:18 PM.

• LaurenEmily and Bergwein like this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

The "Star" system for rating match suitability is, still, the worst system I can imagine.  And it should have been so easy to replace...

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Xacius

Xacius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

You don't get it, so I'll clue you in.  Regardless of context, it's kind of a fuzzy bunny move to outright state that somebody "isn't even good."  Don't you see that?  

I understand you weren't around in the early days of Hawken, but the PC Hawken community was just as bad.  It's like the majority of players didn't even know how to use a mouse.  

Edited by Xacius, 05 July 2016 - 10:48 AM.

• -Tj- and tropt like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users