20 replies to this topic

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Hello People,

As per my understanding HAWKEN Rocketeer is most hated mech is it true?

i have tried to capture some strengths of this Noob mech..

• driedjello and Anichkov3 like this

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Who would hate it?  In a higher tier, it's dog food.  Its hellfires are too easy to evade or dodge and I feel sorry for anyone dumb enough to hit the F key while playing it...

Edited by driedjello, 14 July 2016 - 06:41 PM.

dark.png

driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I see what you mean, that little A class berzerker didn't know enough not to fly in a straight line and tried to out slug you over an over! 

Edit:  are you playing on a console?  If so, you would wipe the floor with me!

Edited by driedjello, 14 July 2016 - 06:56 PM.

dark.png

Coboxite

Coboxite

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

I've never found the Rocketeer that bad. Once you understand that it has horrible CQC abilities, they quickly become fodder for fast in your face mechs.

The one mech that has been hated since its inception: The Technician. Often blamed for the rise of death-balls and disrupting balance.

• Neraste and DemitronPrime like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I've never found the Rocketeer that bad. Once you understand that it has horrible CQC abilities, they quickly become fodder for fast in your face mechs.

The one mech that has been hated since its inception: The Technician. Often blamed for the rise of death-balls and disrupting balance.

leave my tech outta this lel

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

EOC Rocketeer is the best mech in the game!

• CounterlogicMan, Woods13 and Zebanchi like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

tropt

tropt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

The most dangerous thing about this mech, is that god awful noise i hear in my cockpit when it locks onto me. That's what kills me (inside). 

I'd gladly swap that noise for a flashing lock icon.

TurquoiseTortoise

TurquoiseTortoise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

The most dangerous thing about this mech, is that god awful noise i hear in my cockpit when it locks onto me. That's what kills me (inside). 

I'd gladly swap that noise for a flashing lock icon.

playing on bunker makes me want to mute the game sometimes

• tropt likes this

Neraste

Neraste

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts

Don't say bad things about my Rocky!

hkn_sign_mdh_by_neraste-d8oyzgq.png hkn_sign_lgbt_by_neraste-d8oyzga.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Yeah, whatever.  I love the Rocketeer.  I don't care that it took me two years before I was able to become competitive enough with it to keep a positive KDR while driving it - because it's still valuable.

And, if you're playing it... expecting to be getting kills and glory, you're doing it wrong.  The Rocky is, what I call, a Control Mech.  You should use it for suppression and controlling a position.  It is very, very hard to ignore a Rocketeer on the other team in Siege or MA - which means that your opponents must constantly be looking for cover and dodging, even when they aren't engaging you directly.  And, yes, even that lock-on noise seems to be enough to add pressure to the enemies - in a game where every little ounce of pressure counts.

You will (usually) not get the most kills using the Rocketeer... but you will very likely get Assist Leader.  In a team-based game mode, I think one could argue that assist are just as important as kills.

Finally, I don't even think the Rocky is all that terribad at CQC - I really don't.  I am often wearing a big smile because I surprise people who think that all they have to do is get close to me to get a guaranteed kill.  The first trick is to always be aware that enemies are trying to get close to you and always be working a strategic "offensive retreat".  The second is to surprise the heck outta them when they do finally get close (or sneak up on you) - learn to be as nimble as possible in it, maybe even equip the A/C (which normally seems like a silly internal for a C-Class)... and learn how to dumb-fire those Hellfires up close.  It's awesome to see how many pilots realize the error of their overconfidence too late and then attempt to run from a mech with long range lock-ons.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

This is a darn weird topic to choose to move.  Just because it has a video of some streamed gameplay... doesn't really mean that it is specifically a PC Streaming and Video topic.  It's a "General Discussion" about the Rocketeer.  Just sayin.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Dudbomb

Dudbomb

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Scout.

Fast moving constantly dodge strafing, hard hitting, very annoying. I hate being in my reaper and being against a very good scout.

Darktim300

Darktim300

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Obviously the supreme overlord mech of the game, senior battle tech.

• DemitronPrime likes this

13179417_10154132160979929_2106212794278

Nightfirebolt

Nightfirebolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts

I like the Rocketeer. My second highest killstreak ever was 27 kills with Rocketeer on siege.

Granted, it is a support mech and really has no place in TDM unless you're playing on certain maps, but it can be devastating in the right circumstances. It has high DPS and relatively low heat generation, so as long as you can keep line of sight you can out-DPS some of the heavy hitters in this game. It is highly underestimated and can take people by surprise.

Obviously never use the EOC on it, though. Only crazy people would do that.

Edited by Nightfirebolt, 15 July 2016 - 04:44 PM.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
I think my most hated mech is the berserker just because it's so annoying. However the mech i fear the most is probably the brawler, very hard to kill a good brawler, especially if it uses SA Hawkins.

In terms of piloting i think my least favorite is the rocketeer, it's very clumsy and lacks versatility seemingly more than any other.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I'll just talk about the seeker rocketeer, I've played a lot with this mech these days and my feedback is that it ain't good.

Slow projectile weapons : at long range pple get in cover before the projectile hit them.

weird shooting pattern  : try to shoot the seeker when strafing and you'll see that you have to pre-aim, and the hellfire dumbfire more being useless

--> at short range you hardly hit anything.

And yes it is slow with a huge hitbox and it's HP doesn't compensate, and the turret mode is a joke : it lock the wrong target, you get rekt in a seconds because of ennemy team flanking.

We'll see how the rocketeer will be with the "console patch"  (less HP but way faster, maybe changed the turret mode).

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Shoutaxeror

Shoutaxeror

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Turret eoc rocketeer is actually the most feared mech of all tiers

KkaQ7HY.png

SaYxVQp.pngWgWPdMp.png

KDR Veteran | PrT Participant

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I'll just talk about the seeker rocketeer, I've played a lot with this mech these days and my feedback is that it ain't good.

Slow projectile weapons : at long range pple get in cover before the projectile hit them.

weird shooting pattern  : try to shoot the seeker when strafing and you'll see that you have to pre-aim, and the hellfire dumbfire more being useless

--> at short range you hardly hit anything.

And yes it is slow with a huge hitbox and it's HP doesn't compensate, and the turret mode is a joke : it lock the wrong target, you get rekt in a seconds because of ennemy team flanking.

We'll see how the rocketeer will be with the "console patch"  (less HP but way faster, maybe changed the turret mode).

Statistically, HEAT Cannon is better than Seeker.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

lo_spaghetto

lo_spaghetto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

what those rockets do tho

CitkI9t.jpg

xbIxKeE.png?1

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

what those rockets do tho

Search for target like dog for bones  :pirate:

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

Ornual

Ornual

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Personally I find the clumsy Rocketeer no match for the battlefield overlord, (The Bruiser). With it's ability to air dodge, has the hellfire to hit running targets, Vulcan to hit close targets without self harm, ability to up it's defense for a few seconds in combat. The Rocketeer feels more of a novelty now really :p 

PC/Xbone Hawken player. Community Organizer for the Hawken Community Xbox group (2100+ members and counting).                                                                                          

Controller FPS controls over Keyboards any day!                                      

N8GCbTB.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users