Photo

New to the game, fun so far. Just wondering...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

jolancaster

jolancaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Is there a mech that gets multiple machine guns?  If not, whats a good mech for new people.  I'm more of a run into peoples faces and shoot stuff kinda guy.

Thanks again

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Multiple machine guns: G2Assault

Run into peoples faces and shoot stuff: Brawler, Raider, G2Raider, Vanguard, Vulcan Grenadier 

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Well technically lots of the mechs get multiple machine guns, but I think you're asking for dual wielded, in which case the G2 Assault has you covered, but you'd need to buy it with MC, or fully rank up an assault to rank 6 to be able to unlock the ability to purchase it with HC. Also, if you want a good striker, the Raider is pretty good, but not so much if you're a rambo kind of person(doesn't have the health for it. Good newbie mechs are the Assault, Vanguard (I personally don't like it) Reaper, Incinerator, and Berserker. NOTE: Do NOT get the predator until you've played at least two different A-classes, one of which being the Infiltrator; it will kick you in the ass and not apologize.

Edited by Brawler_Yukon, 30 March 2015 - 03:56 PM.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol I think it all depends on your playstyle and preferences

Also hey lol the pred was my second much after the assault lol XD I had soooo much training with my assault XD
YEAH at first if u get the pres (I don't recommend XD) it would be VERY hard to adapt to him , god he's hard to play XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

jolancaster

jolancaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Thanks everyone! I'll look more into what everyone has said when I get back from work

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

First off, welcome to Hawken.  If you are looking for the mech with duel Vulcans, that would be the G2 Assault (mentioned in post above).  Assault is noob friendly as well, the CRT is good as well, but that depends on your situation, but the Berserker is another noob-friendly mech.  Its your choice in the end, but I would look in the Guides sub-forum; there are a lot of good guides/overviews of all the mechs there including this one by the legendary Saturnine (a very knowledgeable player) ---> https://community.pl...to-the-classes/ which is a basic overview of what each mech does, its ability, its varying weapons and playstyles.  It is a very helpful guide for somebody new with no knowledge of what mech to buy next.

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Don't forget to check out the mech guide compilation when you need more advice on how to pilot certain mechs: https://community.pl...-guides-hawken/

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

jolancaster

jolancaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

First off, welcome to Hawken.  If you are looking for the mech with duel Vulcans, that would be the G2 Assault (mentioned in post above).  Assault is noob friendly as well, the CRT is good as well, but that depends on your situation, but the Berserker is another noob-friendly mech.  Its your choice in the end, but I would look in the Guides sub-forum; there are a lot of good guides/overviews of all the mechs there including this one by the legendary Saturnine (a very knowledgeable player) ---> https://community.pl...to-the-classes/ which is a basic overview of what each mech does, its ability, its varying weapons and playstyles.  It is a very helpful guide for somebody new with no knowledge of what mech to buy next.

Lol I honest to god just played against Saturnine

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
Take the incinerator or the vanguard. Both are like "come at me bro!"

Good armoured mechs with a good DPS rating.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Plantblock

Plantblock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Why does everybody think pred is hard to play? I played pred a lot the last few days and dont realy think its harder to play, just different.

With the pred you have to set up a trap ,lure somebody in and finish him off. That is sometimes easyer than a direkt combat.

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Why does everybody think pred is hard to play? I played pred a lot the last few days and dont realy think its harder to play, just different.

With the pred you have to set up a trap ,lure somebody in and finish him off. That is sometimes easyer than a direkt combat.

It's hard to play right off the bat and takes getting used to, just because you got used to doesn't mean squat if the rest of everybody has had issues acclimatizing to it, so yeah, while some people can probably get into it fine, the vast majority of pred players and others didn't/don't.

Edited by Brawler_Yukon, 31 March 2015 - 07:40 AM.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

90% of pred players can be neutralized by good vision, staying in the air and basic positioning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users