• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Bought a GTX1060 (would have loved 1070 but price point is just over where I would have liked it, and well the 1080 is insane).  Anyway, GTX1060, PhysX enabled and all settings set to Ultra.  Much nicer than normal and so much smoother.  Played a TDM with 5 on 5 and no graphic lag or smoothness issue.  Great card on Hawken.  Will see how it goes over time with more intense play but so far so good.  

• Zavier_ likes this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the point of the thread is????

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Does there have to be a point?  Just sharing a note.  Chill.  

• Lioot, Elite_is_salty, DieselCat and 3 others like this

BlackWarGreymon

BlackWarGreymon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts

My old 670 played Hawken perfectly smoothly with maxed out settings, 60fps all day long ( I now have a 980Ti )- Hawken really isn't very demanding in that sense.

If you wanna give your 1060 a work out, try playing some Space Engineers; it'll eat alive any card and cpu you throw at it..

:devil:

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Bought a GTX1060 (would have loved 1070 but price point is just over where I would have liked it, and well the 1080 is insane).  Anyway, GTX1060, PhysX enabled and all settings set to Ultra.  Much nicer than normal and so much smoother.  Played a TDM with 5 on 5 and no graphic lag or smoothness issue.  Great card on Hawken.  Will see how it goes over time with more intense play but so far so good.  

Cool , can you make FPS count Video and share? I looking forward for upgrading PC it will help me choose Graphic card. 

• Meraple likes this

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

My old 670 played Hawken perfectly smoothly with maxed out settings, 60fps all day long ( I now have a 980Ti )- Hawken really isn't very demanding in that sense.

If you wanna give your 1060 a work out, try playing some Space Engineers; it'll eat alive any card and cpu you throw at it..

Then try crashing a large ship or 5 onto a planet... With pistons and rotors attached.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

I have new hardware and stuff is fast

What are the specs of your rig? What graphics card did the 1060 replace? What settings are you using in-game? you said ultra and I missed it

Edited by TheButtSatisfier, 29 July 2016 - 09:00 AM.

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

ATX22

ATX22

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts
3dfx voodoo maybe?

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Playing it with a GTX1080 at medium settings for some reasons ;)

ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1257 posts

What are the specs of your rig? What graphics card did the 1060 replace? What settings are you using in-game?

How old are you? Where do you live? What's your favorite brand of milk?

Spoiler

LGdSqzD.png

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Hawken is optimized for nVidia cards, that's something to have in mind too. I saw Hawken spank AMD cards that screamed for mercy, never saw that happen with an nVidia.

Edited by Liederkranz, 29 July 2016 - 10:17 AM.

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

My AMD card has been a freaking rock-star on every game I've tried it with.  Not one single issue with a single game.  And I've only had to update the drivers once in 3 years.

• DieselCat likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Liederkranz

Liederkranz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

My AMD card has been a freaking rock-star on every game I've tried it with.  Not one single issue with a single game.  And I've only had to update the drivers once in 3 years.

I was speaking especifically about mid range cards with Hawken, that is a game that made fame to itself by being poorly optimized.

Cybrex: Predators hunt from above.

MessyBopzz: like jesus?

Cybrex: Better than jesus

xaW8OWj.png

HWGNjmo.png  LUAERYM.png  KVKGZ2j.png  nCDGAWz.png  HWGNjmo.png

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Cranking up the Video settings be like.

Hecatoncheires

Hecatoncheires

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I was speaking especifically about mid range cards with Hawken, that is a game that made fame to itself by being poorly optimized.

I run with an underclocked XFX R7870 and haven't had any issues besides connectivity. I get ~60fps on ultra with a GPU temp of ~60C. I have to say I'm not completely sure if it's considered mid-range though.

What the Heca-

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Just upgraded a short time ago from a R2 290X to a GTX 980ti...and other than the 980ti running a bit cooler and using a little less power, the 290X ran just as well. Never had any problems with it, drivers were rock solid and performance was terrific....and was one of the best looking cards I ever owned.

If the price of the 980ti wasn't so cheap I never would have switched...gonna miss that card when I sell it. 

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Had a bit of time so played on a Singapore server with a 6 v 6 match.  Ping to the Singapore server is around 76ms.  The GTX1060 runs at around 1900+MHz and average frame rate seems to be around 110-115 fps.  I saw a couple of dips at 76 and 86 fps but I also saw top end around 122 fps.  During the game and fighting multiple enemies with my settings on Ultra and PhysX enabled (i.e. all action) the average is around 110-115fps.  

For that person that asked, I am running the following setup

Skylake I5  @ 3.20GHz (6th Gen)

8GB DDR4 HyperX RAM (Kingston)

H170 Asus Pro Gaming Motherboard

MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Edited by Draco3, 29 July 2016 - 08:45 PM.

• Brother3J and TheButtSatisfier like this

ArchMech

ArchMech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

when you gunna buy me stuff

• crockrocket likes this

don't mind me, i'm just on a crusade against humanity, by the end of my lifespan earth's population will be 8 billion+ trolls

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I just bought a GT 740 and it's good.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

when you gunna buy me stuff

When I can afford it (and no I can't afford it  :blink: ).

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

I saw a couple of dips at 76 and 86 fps ... with my settings on Ultra and PhysX enabled

Could you try looking what your minimum FPS is with PhysX disabled?

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I will give it a shot a little later today.  As I mentioned previously the minimum was for about a second or 2.  On average it was around the 110 fps mark.  

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Ahh but what about Prosk? My 970 dips to 30 if there are 12 mechs in one area

cry

Edited by Lioot, 31 July 2016 - 02:52 AM.

• Woods13 likes this

tropt

tropt

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Looks gorgeous on my 1070, running on an Acer predator @144Hz.

Everything maxed out, i get 122fps solid... I can't get the game to go any higher.

Infinitely better than the 650m i upgraded from.

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Okay that would suggest that the Frame rate that Hawken runs at is at the UE cap (not sure if it's default or set) at 122fps.  Therefore even turning off PhysX or adjusting settings to less than Ultra won't make any difference as the max you would get is 122fps.  

I think I also determined why I saw a drop in FPS and it's probably due to the card.  The card automatically adjusts it's speed as you are playing.  So for example during the load menu's it will drop to 1 fps as it's a load screen.  Once in game that's the card probably picking up again and running at full tilt.  Even at full tilt the card doesn't kick in it's fans (as it's nowhere near reaching temp) and it's quiet gaming even at this level.  

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

You can set the FPS cap higher in the .ini files.

Open HawkenEngine.ini, search for MaxSmoothedFrameRate multiple times with CTRL+F and change the value of each one to whatever you want.

I think all of the bSmoothFrameRate need to be set to TRUE for this to work.

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

hell yea tropt. 144hz master race.

also btw you only need to change maxframerate to a higher fps. the other lines dont matter for this to take effect. i would also suggest capping at 143. i tried 144 and got constant screen tearing. 143 is smooth all day

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

I realised I had turned PhysX on but hadn't set to High (Nvidia Only).  With High (Nvidia Only) set, frame rates had a minimal drop and the average looks more like 100 - 110fps.  Had some minor screen glitches which I am not too sure if they were caused by PhysX itself or something on the server I was playing on.  I also had a couple of times where while I was playing my ping had doubled from 76 to 150-odd for some reason and then settled down again.  I will play some more to get a better feel of video options set at PhysX High and Ultra.  

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

HawkenEngine.ini

bShouldGenerateSimpleLightmaps=TRUE
bUseNormalMapsForSimpleLightMaps=TRUE
bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=59
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

I'm still capped at 122fps

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

HawkenEngine.ini

bShouldGenerateSimpleLightmaps=TRUE
bUseNormalMapsForSimpleLightMaps=TRUE
bSmoothFrameRate=TRUE
MinSmoothedFrameRate=59
MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

I'm still capped at 122fps

There are 4-5 instances each of MaxSmoothedFrameRate and MinSmoothedFrameRate. Change them all.

• FRX23 likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

_Andrea_

_Andrea_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Still happy with GTX 660 TI with all sittings full and Overclocked 3570K  :pirate: - HAWKEN 120 FPS 

I dont need to get LIFE

:pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:I am gamer so i have lots of LIVES  :pirate:  :tongue:  :rolleyes:  :yes:  :no:

YOUTUBE CHANNEl :https://www.youtube....xed8oIjVdsqQVQw

Draco3

Draco3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

So after about a week or so, found that I can get upwards of 122 but quite regularly during battle I have seen the FPS sit at between 78-80 FPS with ultra/ultra/physx on or off.  Surprising given earlier results.  Ran some benchmarking on the GPU to make sure it wasn't on the fritz and other games are keeping their FPS (i.e. Skyrim is at 60; GRID 2 is running well over 120FPS while playing, Tomb Raider (original) is at 60fps and constant - although I did find that I was originally at 50fps until I turned the refresh rate up to 60Hz).  Not overclocked but after burn-in surprised can't seem to maintain above 90 fps in game.  

Ran the Unigine Heaven Benchmark test and got a score of 108.8fps (using Ultra @ 1920 x 1080 fullscreen).  I am using the inbuilt steam for FPS to gauge.  

I may try and adjust to High/High without physx and see what actually happens for curiosity.  

Edited by Draco3, 08 August 2016 - 04:32 AM.

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

There are 4-5 instances each of MaxSmoothedFrameRate and MinSmoothedFrameRate. Change them all.

I found them and it works, thanks o/

Kevadg4

Kevadg4

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Guys,

I've downloaded the last Steam's version of Hawken (1.6.0) but i can't enable PhysX settings in the video settings of the game.

I've got a GTX960Ti with the last Nvidia drivers 384.76 WHQL.

I have set up the HawkenEngine.ini file in C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

but still not working.

Thanks for your help :)

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

They removed PhysX from the game with the new update.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
RIP physX

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
...bcos console code base.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Howken no longer supports PhysX.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

What physX do consoles support anyway?

PC only allowed it if you were using a Nvidia GPU?

Did it work with ATI/Raedon at all?

I stopped using it anyway in favor of getting better framerates and not cooking my aging GPU.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

What physX do consoles support anyway?

PC only allowed it if you were using a Nvidia GPU?

Did it work with ATI/Raedon at all?

I stopped using it anyway in favor of getting better framerates and not cooking my aging GPU.

PhysX is Nvidia only, all console GPUs are AMD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users