• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

PhysX is Nvidia only, all console GPUs are AMD.

AMD - the real winners of the console wars.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

PhysX is Nvidia only, all console GPUs are AMD.

This is false. GPU PhysX was removed from the game because it did not function on modern hardware, and was causing crash issues. Yes, even on Nvidia cards. Additionally UE3 runs on PhysX 2.8.4, a very old, unoptimized version of PhysX

Additionally, PhysX is still in the game. It's a staple for UE3. The 'levels' are just GPU/CPU PhysX (2), GPU PhysX (1), or CPU PhysX (0).

• DingdongJR likes this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

The PhysX choice was removed. The program itself is still there. Fact is I was looking at the game code and Hawkengame. ini and it is still there just no visible choice to select. It is done auto by the system now depending on your setup. I have a AMD 8350 running @4.6ghz now for 3 yrs and a EVGA GTX 1070 and it looks good and runs like a bat out of hell. Maxing @ 144hz most the time but do get drops down to 86 sometimes with a lot of ppl and areas with high detail meshes.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

This is false. GPU PhysX was removed from the game because it did not function on modern hardware, and was causing crash issues. Yes, even on Nvidia cards. Additionally UE3 runs on PhysX 2.8.4, a very old, unoptimized version of PhysX

Additionally, PhysX is still in the game. It's a staple for UE3. The 'levels' are just GPU/CPU PhysX (2), GPU PhysX (1), or CPU PhysX (0).

I stand corrected but...

that is a really unclear way of putting it. 

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Yes basic physx is still in the game, but the nvidia gpu physx had additional effects that are gone now.

https://www.geforce....es/hawken-physx

Mainly we lost some cool particle effects, but maybe they can add new ones in the future.

hawken_ob_4.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I am still baffled as to why a conversation continues about a special effect which hasn't been seen in the game in... almost 4 years.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Kevadg4

Kevadg4

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Damn fuzzy bunny then for Hawken PhysX support :(

RIP !

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Yes basic physx is still in the game, but the nvidia gpu physx had additional effects that are gone now.

https://www.geforce....es/hawken-physx

Mainly we lost some cool particle effects, but maybe they can add new ones in the future.

hawken_ob_4.jpg

Those have not been in the game for years. That was a tech demo from Nvidia I am pretty sure.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Those have not been in the game for years. That was a tech demo from Nvidia I am pretty sure.

Hmm early 2017, it was clearly still in the game you can see apex turbulence particles on the orbs. I don't know when exactly it was removed but it wasn't years ago.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Those particle effects used to be in the game, although it was circa late 2013 or early 2014 that I stopped seeing them, iirc.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

The cockpit in that video tells you how old it is.  That cockpit hasn't existed in about 4 years... and the PhysX particles went away around the time when the cockpit changed.

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

The cockpit in that video tells you how old it is.  That cockpit hasn't existed in about 4 years... and the PhysX particles went away around the time when the cockpit changed.

Then you didn't watch the video, the custom thumbnail is of an old cockpit but the recorded gameplay is newer. The video was published Jan 4, 2017.

The fact that he ran this benchmark on a GTX 1060 3GB which had a launch date of August, 2016 is also proof it's not 4 years old, unless the dudes some kind of time traveler.

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Orbs and eu-trees used to have pretty effects that were physx. There were probably other less obvious things...

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Then you didn't watch the video, the custom thumbnail is of an old cockpit but the recorded gameplay is newer. The video was published Jan 4, 2017.

The fact that he ran this benchmark on a GTX 1060 3GB which had a launch date of August, 2016 is also proof it's not 4 years old, unless the dudes some kind of time traveler.

Ah, my bad.  I thought it was the same video I'd seen before... and my YouTube account always takes the thumbnail frame from somewhere inside the video and I didn't think it was possible to force a non-related frame onto the thumbnail.

Anyhow, I see the different effects you're referencing.  Those are nice, but they are not the same "PhysX" effects that I was talking about - in the late Alpha and very early Beta days, there were some amazing effects like dynamic smoke trails for rockets and projectiles, live trails and dust on the ground when a mech moved, more crap flying out of explosions... it was really something.  But the online frame-rates were crap in multiplayer until they started removing that good stuff.

• DieselCat likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users