- - - - - Mechs New updates addons balancing gameplay

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

NovaTempest

NovaTempest

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Back in May of Last year I entered a rather large, healthy post on a suggestion in order to expand HAWKEN gameplay, particularly regarding a new class of mechs. I will link it here (You will find it in the second reply post):

http://steamcommunit...55529434999020/

The main point of this was to primarily get ideas going for the previous developers, and It has the same intentions with the new developers of the game.

Additionally, here's a concept sketch (Though it is crude) of one of the new mechs as an example from my very own DeviantArt account.

http://fav.me/d8nu4q2

Feel free to input your take.

Just a few other things:

• FIX THE PREDATORS CLOAKING! The predator is fantastic in newer player games but the ability is near-pointless against pros. While the Infiltrator is small enough for this to not be a problem, the Predator isn't. blurring the edges out should fix this.
  • Raider G2 feels like a waste of space to me personally with how it was initially made, a rework of it might be helpful
  • Obviously more mechs, which I'm sure the devs will get to.
  • Some graphical enhancements if possible, the game was initially released in 2012 or so in its alpha stages, and the graphics may be dated by now.

That's about all I can think of.

Edited by NovaTempest, 31 March 2015 - 07:09 AM.

• LRod likes this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Even the Infiltrator's cloak is bugged. It is not only easy to spot (especially while moving for obvious reasons) but also because certain visuals are not displayed through the cloak. Additionally, the cloak changes its lighting depending on the ENEMY'S view, which means that dependign from which angle you look, you may see the cloak lighter or darker. Plus countless other things like HUD visibility and stuff.

Except the hidden radar signature, the cloak isn't that powerful such as Scout's fuel tank or Zerker's dmg buff just like Assault's heat cool down and and and ...

• LRod likes this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Brawler_Yukon

Brawler_Yukon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Concerning the graphical update, I don't actually think that's necessary unless there's some 14x14 textures hiding around in the maps. HAWKEN has an identity in how things look, and any graphical changes would take away from that, it's like if TF2 suddenly decided it wanted to be a telltale game or Borderlands 1.

Concerning the G2R, I heard people love the ever loving fuzzy bunny out of that thing though, I know I personally hate fighting it.

This is a signature, revel in its glory.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
G2 Raider is severely underrated. It's ridiculously powerful.
  • LaurenEmily likes this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

G2 Raider is severely underrated. It's ridiculously powerful.

For me the G2 raider seems like the strongest c class. Yeah you read that right.

Now i don't know about brawler but there's something about tow rockets that i don't like, And something about this odd mech just clicks with my play style. 

G2R FTW.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts

For me the G2 raider seems like the strongest c class. Yeah you read that right.
Now i don't know about brawler but there's something about tow rockets that i don't like, And something about this odd mech just clicks with my play style. 
G2R FTW.

Sigh. You just admitted to personal bias. Saying the G2 is somehow better than the brawler is quite incorrect. While the G2's ability and weapons are more exciting, the brawler's versatility, dps, and health make it vastly superior. You personally may prefer G2, but please don't use that as justification for an incorrect statement.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Sigh. You just admitted to personal bias. Saying the G2 is somehow better than the brawler is quite incorrect. While the G2's ability and weapons are more exciting, the brawler's versatility, dps, and health make it vastly superior. You personally may prefer G2, but please don't use that as justification for an incorrect statement.

Never said it was better. I said it was better for ME, and for me only. �Comprende?

(why are you always so offensive with your comments anyways ?)

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Flight1ess

Flight1ess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Never said it was better. I said it was better for ME, and for me only. �Comprende?

(why are you always so offensive with your comments anyways ?)

everyone chill... opinions are opinions not facts....

also disagree with da graphics but the mech ideas are always fun to see ;D

Life is like a good book,

It makes more sense as you get into it ;D

tumblr_m91v02mYjw1qhnj8eo4_r2_500.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mechs, New, updates, addons, balancing, gameplay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users