- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Tronman2020

Tronman2020

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

My hawken loving friends and I would love to see more reasons to team up and slaughter people in team DM.

a 16-0 K/D should not pay same HC as a 1:1, same applies for damage dealt equivalencies!

I have so much experience piled up I trip over it getting in my mech. There is no reason to accumulate more, it is useless. I still hardly have any HC and there is little to spend HC on in the first place.

Long story short the only thing that keeps bringing me back is the required skill in combat and the self satisfaction of being 'better'
Its getting tired though and I want a reason to use team speak.

• Jerv likes this

Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

You could always get involved with competitive Hawken and come "Collect on my Love" it pays better than HC I promise. :thumbsup:

• CounterlogicMan likes this

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

maybe there is some sort of underground hawken gambling ring where people bet HC on you where you could get some more HC.

Maybe.

Edited by BaconOverLord, 31 March 2015 - 04:35 PM.

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Make it based off of point and I might back it. Don't need more people in Siege chasing kills off the AA.

• M4st0d0n likes this

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

A mechanic encouraging pubstomping for fun and profit sounds like a great idea that couldn't possibly go wrong. 

• crockrocket, Meraple, Amidatelion and 7 others like this

d1eZeG3.png

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Play for fun, not for numbers.

• Trinnexx likes this

Fstroke

Fstroke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
Can't tell if just flexing epeen or serious.

What incentive are you looking for? You don't need currency or xp according to you.

If you are already playing the game for the gameplay then you have already found the promised land. You just need more content.

Trinnexx

Trinnexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

What if vets get rewarded for using the Tech or CRT?
I also dig the gambling idea, Like ToriBash ;)

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Rewarding vets for using an annoying little fuzzy bunny is not going to really accomplish anything. A lot of us use the CRT in 1-star matches though, so maybe.

• Jerv likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

My hawken loving friends and I would love to see more reasons to team up and slaughter people in team DM.

I read this as DM not TDM at first, and I was inordinately irked.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Trinnexx

Trinnexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Rewarding vets for using an annoying little fuzzy bunny is not going to really accomplish anything. A lot of us use the CRT in 1-star matches though, so maybe.

Presumably the other Gen 2 chassis are coming, this could be a way for vets to fast track aquiring them. Potentially it could be a handicap only selectable by max level pilots.

Edited by Trinnexx, 01 April 2015 - 11:10 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I read this as DM not TDM at first, and I was inordinately irked.

Yeah that's a fast way to get the Lord of the Scrubs on your case.

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Game should be played for Fun but i'd love to try new builds and new mechs so an increase in HC would be well appreciated. Makings HC surround KDA seems like a bad idea it should surround points so to encourage players to complete objectives: 

Seige: AA and EU (NOT damage to the ship)

MA: Caps. The amount of time capping. Defense kills.

TDM: KDA. Protection kills. Damage done.

DM: KDA. Kill streaks. Damage Done. 

Edited by HeraldRedfordIII, 01 April 2015 - 12:07 PM.

• Trinnexx likes this

Trinnexx

Trinnexx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Game should be played for Fun but i'd love to try new builds and new mechs so an increase in HC would be well appreciated. Makings HC surround KDA seems like a bad idea it should surround points so to encourage players to complete objectives: 

Seige: AA and EU

MA: Caps. The amount of time capping. Defense kills.

TDM: KDA. Protection kills. Damage done.

DM: KDA. Kill streaks. Damage Done. 

100% support!
Imagine a world where getting your arse on to AA boosted HC! Most of the time this is downfall of a casual team, 1 or 2 players fluffing off while the rest of the team respawn one at a time and conga's to thier doom.

Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Teaming up in DM just means they both get half the points. Kind of a fail honestly. lol

Jerv

Jerv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Personally, I think Damage Dealt is a better measure of skill than Kills regardless of mode, and that "playing the objective" in MA and Siege deserves more rewards than merely treating them as TDM battles with missile launchers on the map. HC rewards should reflect that.

Hawken is the only game I've seen where the XP and currency rewards are not linked; every other game I've played has both based on the same factors. That is part of why I rated it "Not Recommended" on Steam

I play like crap and YOLO a lot because my HC earnings are the same regardless. XP isn't enough to motivate me, and I'm not competitive enough for any sort of ego/"self satisfaction"/pride to spur me on either. In fact, I'm spiteful enough that the latter is justification for AFKing. If my HC earnings were tied to how well I "play the objective" then I would care enough to actually play competently.

Teaming up in DM just means they both get half the points. Kind of a fail honestly. lol

It happens. There are people who game the system all the time. Get a couple of buddies collaborating in DM and you get TDM matches with DM rewards. Seems like a great way to pad stats and make your e-peen seem bigger than it really is.

A mechanic encouraging pubstomping for fun and profit sounds like a great idea that couldn't possibly go wrong. 

We already have that; it's called "Matchmaking with low player population".

Still recovering from a neurological incident, spent a couple months learning how to walk without a cane,

figured I'd try a fast-paced game to see if I could get my reflexes back to where they were.

Garage:

A - Infiltrator, Reaper, Technician, Scout

B - Assault (x2), Predator, Raider

C - Brawler, Vanguard, Incinerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users