• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Hey all, could someone tell me how to report this specific issue? I was in a match the other day, and saw a user heavily evading the profanity filter and really trash-talking the other players. I'd like to ask if the filter could be updated to include the terms that he used. Messy, but yeah it's got to be done.

This signature is under construct

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Hey all, could someone tell me how to report this specific issue? I was in a match the other day, and saw a user heavily evading the profanity filter and really trash-talking the other players. I'd like to ask if the filter could be updated to include the terms that he used. Messy, but yeah it's got to be done.

you can turn profranity filter ON and OFF in your hawken settings in main menu. Also if someone is negative, if you right click over their name you can also Mute them. 

-Cased Closed

Edited by HOHOHOSANTA, 28 October 2016 - 11:35 AM.

• Miscellaneous, DeeRax and DemitronPrime like this

OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

i am not really sure what your complaint is about. the filter can be turned off 

We Can Dance If We Want To     

OTWsig2.jpg

ES3lMRu.png?1

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

As others have stated, there is only a user-side profanity filter.

You can submit a support ticket for verbal abuse, but there is a delay. And also, no offense, there are higher priority items in the queue.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

"Online Interactions not rated by the ESRB"

Edited by DallasCreeper, 28 October 2016 - 04:26 PM.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

i am not really sure what your complaint is about. the filter can be turned off 

:rolleyes:

Seems pretty clear to me that this specific user the OP is mentioning was using words or combinations of characters that are NOT filtered by the list of words currently in the filter list.  That is what he means by heavily evading the profanity filter, going out of your way to type things that SHOULD be filtered by the profanity filter, but they are not.  In other words inserting random spaces in the middle of words, misspellings on purpose, or even just words that are not filtered and he feels they should be.  All he's asking for is the list to be updated to include those words or phrases that he wishes not to see.  Maybe instead of a hardcoded ingame filter, the devs could add a client side listing to accomplish this easier.

Since someone above mentioned muting a player as a solution, its only a very temporary solution mostly due to the fact that once you leave that lobby, the future muting of that player is no longer remembered and put into effect the next time you run into each other.  I've even seen players all out quit a match because of it, and the trash talker followed their intended victim into another match and continued to harass them.  So yes, having to mute a player multiple times is a bother, it should be remembered from the first time it is selected. 

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I agree that there is a profanity filter there for a reason.
Some choose to disable it and enjoy the colourful chat conversation. I am ok with this.
I have mine turned on.
I want my kids to be able to watch recordings of Hawken and not see offensive language.
I want Hawken to be around in future so they can play it themselves.

Changing characters to get crude offensive words/phrases through should be reportable, and get that persons chat rights suspended in game, if not an account ban.

This is cyber bullying at its core and is wrong.

Saying you are ok with things like this just reduces your reputation with everyone else that has a shred of respect for the feelings of others.

Evading the filter is bad and you should feel bad, and deserve to be sent to the corner.

/Parent
/Human

Edited by 6ixxer, 29 October 2016 - 02:03 AM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I believe a client side filter list would solve pretty much any issue here.

• DeeRax likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

:rolleyes:

Seems pretty clear to me that this specific user the OP is mentioning was using words or combinations of characters that are NOT filtered by the list of words currently in the filter list.  That is what he means by heavily evading the profanity filter, going out of your way to type things that SHOULD be filtered by the profanity filter, but they are not.  In other words inserting random spaces in the middle of words, misspellings on purpose, or even just words that are not filtered and he feels they should be.  All he's asking for is the list to be updated to include those words or phrases that he wishes not to see.  Maybe instead of a hardcoded ingame filter, the devs could add a client side listing to accomplish this easier.

Since someone above mentioned muting a player as a solution, its only a very temporary solution mostly due to the fact that once you leave that lobby, the future muting of that player is no longer remembered and put into effect the next time you run into each other.  I've even seen players all out quit a match because of it, and the trash talker followed their intended victim into another match and continued to harass them.  So yes, having to mute a player multiple times is a bother, it should be remembered from the first time it is selected. 

Yeah, that's totally what I meant. 

Thanks for the tip about muting. :)

Chaplain5

Chaplain5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I agree that there is a profanity filter there for a reason.
Some choose to disable it and enjoy the colourful chat conversation. I am ok with this.
I have mine turned on.
I want my kids to be able to watch recordings of Hawken and not see offensive language.
I want Hawken to be around in future so they can play it themselves.

Changing characters to get crude offensive words/phrases through should be reportable, and get that persons chat rights suspended in game, if not an account ban.

This is cyber bullying at its core and is wrong.

Saying you are ok with things like this just reduces your reputation with everyone else that has a shred of respect for the feelings of others.

Evading the filter is bad and you should feel bad, and deserve to be sent to the corner.

/Parent
/Human

Right on. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users