• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Simple: In every mode (except DM), force the last player in a 2v3/3v4/4v5/5v6 match into the spectator mode. 

So we keep the PvP stable in the amount of players on each team. 

The spectator can join as soon as one teammate dies. The teammate that just died is now forced into the spectator mode. This will keep on circling as soon as there are enough players on the other side.

So why not? :]

Greetings

EDIT:

Add this:

Yeah, and he should not have his MMR lowered or anything. So he can just enjoy the show and also get his HC. 

Edited by FakeName, 01 April 2015 - 03:33 AM.

• dorobo, Dr_Freeze001, Odinous and 10 others like this

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Yeah, and he should not have his MMR lowered or anything. So he can just enjoy the show and also get his HC. 

• EM1O likes this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Dr_Freeze001

Dr_Freeze001

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

I am 100% for a decent spectator mode, in all forms. Good idea.

However, give the spectator an option to say 'I want to respawn as soon as possible', or make it an opt-in system. Give players in-match an option like F8 to switch teams, F8 to volunteer to spectate. Show to the one spectating who wants to spectate after he dies.

• dorobo likes this

KkaQ7HY.png

hsabot4.png  jaDBqOD.png  JsRCQoO.png  4XXKL4C.png

KDR Clan Leader | UVW Host |  KOBALT Leader

contact.KOBALT@gmail.com

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

This is realy a BRILLIANT IDEA! XD  all this brain storming yes its all realy brilliant XD

this would be realy practical XD (but also what we could do is like idk for the new players? after a certain number of matches that new pilot will be eigible to spectating? XD this is just for new players to learn? XD) 

and whatabout if someone spectates too much someone could dirrectly take his place by pressing F8 or something? just to avoid cheating maybe? 

also : what do the spectators gain? because i noticed the ammount of xp you get corresponds to how well u played no?

and finally maybe not 1 spectator but 2 spectators 1 for each team?

if the teams are unballanced then the spec goes in and the person person who comes in the server next gets spec so that could even out the teams?

idk maybe other ideas soon XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

A general spectator system would be great as well, in two ways

1. A deathcam spectator, a bit like in TF2. Instead of watching the person who just killed you repair on your dead body, you can use left/right mouse to cycle through players on your team to see what your team's status is while you wait to respawn.

2. A match spectator cam, before the map starts you should be able to opt in to spectator mode. This would be great for banning hackers, or recording things like frag movies.

Also +1

• Grollourdo, Erzunterweltler and LaurenEmily like this

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

lol this is a better aproach then the last spectator mode thread XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

A general spectator system would be great as well, in two ways

1. A deathcam spectator, a bit like in TF2. Instead of watching the person who just killed you repair on your ded body, you can use left/right mouse to cycle through players on your team to see what your team's status is while you wait to respawn.

That would disturb stealth. So no. Cuz then you can see where a pred is hiding or if a scoot or infil is flanking.

It's pretty much making a "death" rewarding :o

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

But, just to keep things in perspective, fixing spectator mode is most definitely way down in the list of priorities.

*insert "priorities" meme here ...

• crockrocket and EM1O like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

So why not? :]

I do wonder! Thumbs up!

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Agreed :] and one other thing. Give community good spectator mode you will get better promo on youtube and places. I sure would like to make a video showing all the cool mech action from cool angles sliding cameras etc. Also let's say there are no free slots for me to play on in europe servers. I'd rather watch my local opponents play instead of going to use server with bad ping using bruiser and stomping someone there :)

Edited by dorobo, 01 April 2015 - 05:04 AM.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

But, just to keep things in perspective, fixing spectator mode is most definitely way down in the list of priorities.

*insert "priorities" meme here ...

^--<< This. Right in there with VOIP, Mr.T bling starter kits and moustaches, I'd bet.

XD

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

That would disturb stealth. So no. Cuz then you can see where a pred is hiding or if a scoot or infil is flanking.

It's pretty much making a "death" rewarding :o

Well it would be only your teammates, and not the enemy team because as you said, this would ruin stealth especially if someone is using a chat program in a scrim etc.

Spoiler

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Well it would be only your teammates, and not the enemy team because as you said, this would ruin stealth especially if someone is using a chat program in a scrim etc.

Lol I was about to say the same damn thing XD

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

TheFrostnessMonster

TheFrostnessMonster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Spectator mode would be cool.  Another idea that would be cool would be to ad a "join as spectator" option when selecting a full server, so that you can spectate the game and toggle between both team's perspectives (you couldn't use chat), and be able to join the fray when a player leaves mid game or when the round is over.

• TAZ_ likes this

CRT master race... No questions allowed.

Period.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

This sounds great. Can't see any reason not to vote for this, easier cheater hunting & everything.

Please remind me to give this a like as soon as i get some more to spend.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

This sounds great. Can't see any reason not to vote for this, easier cheater hunting & everything.

Please remind me to give this a like as soon as i get some more to spend.

Easy, it's a breeze to abuse.

If someone was on a mumble or teamspeak server and joined as a spectator, it would be trivial for them to relay positions of the opposing team.

For hunting cheaters, I believe that a much better solution would be for recording a 'demo' of the match be implemented, one that the client can retrieve.  The current demo system works, but only saves the file on the server.

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
There's more goodvthen bad here so yeah

Its better to have an anti cheat thingythingy now
Even if they abuse it

There's more good then bad here

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Thumb up !

(+ wait or quit option in those cases)

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

The idea is good. BUT. Remember why have not entered the spectator mode widely so far?

Because the observer can and will abuse in favor of his team (and maybe the team enemy). 

And why is that the player must decide on their own - be it in spectator mode or not?

This decision should take autobalance system teams. Otherwise become not uncommon during the time when the imbalance teams (3/4, 4/5, 5/6) dies team's best player and gets into spectator mode. As a result - there is a further deterioration in the balance of teams. 

In my opinion spectator mode available to any player during a match will do more harm than good. It is better to stop the election on "restricted" spectator mode - just like in the "destruction of bots." When the player sees from the cockpit of his teammates and can switch from one teammate to another.

1410753655419.gif?extra=yMeagA_17ceZ_lx3

Edited by Anichkov3, 01 April 2015 - 10:28 PM.

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Still more good then bad no?

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

rochr4

rochr4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello!
I recall that most efficient system for this kind of thing was server recording a demo file and after a finished match it was posted for downloading to all interested parties for an hour or longer to save disk space, this file could be played back locally by the correct version of the very game. I remember that switching to every player was possible, time manipulation etc and a file itself was very small but I fear it's one of those technologies that got lost in time (like building method of pyramids) so anything we get is good.
Ty.

asipo

asipo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

i'm more into you can still enter full game as spectator

- after a person leave you can join in

- and player can decide to go spectator mode if they want

Join Hawken asia Facebook group : here

Mech idea : Marauder (B-class), Raptor (A-class)

TAZ_

TAZ_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Spectator mode would be cool.  Another idea that would be cool would be to ad a "join as spectator" option when selecting a full server, so that you can spectate the game and toggle between both team's perspectives (you couldn't use chat), and be able to join the fray when a player leaves mid game or when the round is over.

I'm agree with this.

+1

(08:35:47 PM) Ashfire908: auth taz_ blacklist
(08:35:48 PM) ScrimBot: 'taz_' has been added to the 'blacklist' group.

GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Nothing new, this was posted from many others and also myself players all long time ago many times already. Repeat wasn't a succes until now.

Galaxy Radio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users