• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I do think 144 Hz is necessary for Scout and Raider mains, as a person who went from 25 fps to 143 fps.

agree.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

I do think 144 Hz is necessary for Scout and Raider mains, as a person who went from 25 fps to 143 fps.

there's probably a reasonable middle ground that's workable between 25 and 143.

i played scout/raider on a 60hz monitor with 8ms response time.

• EM1O likes this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

there's probably a reasonable middle ground that's workable between 25 and 143.

i played scout/raider on a 60hz monitor with 8ms response time.

120 should be enough; 60 is suboptimal.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I was never able to play Scout on my old T9500/260M (the computer I'm typing this on, a 2008-era Asus G52vx).  I'd get 14-40 fps in the garage.

Upgrading to an i5 GTX670 was an eye-opening experience for me, but that was at 60Hz.  This is when I learned to Scout.

Using an i7 GTX1070 and a 144Hz monitor has done wonders for my aim-while-slashing-by, it's no longer 'hope the timing is right and he didn't add anything to his dodge', I now have time to make minor corrections.

It helps me with Reaper, too, but I don't play Reaper often. 

You should call me Luna.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Meanwhile ( not my video, but it was posted today ):

I've reported that guy in the past, as well as various other well known cheats- seems the devs just decided to wipe the slate clean and let them all come back to boost the player numbers ( lol? ). 

1) PILOMIR isn't playing Rocketeer

2) PILOMIR hacks

Well... that isn't something I expected to see.

Edited by DallasCreeper, 12 December 2016 - 04:57 AM.

• Zebanchi likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

1) PILOMIR isn't playing Rocketeer

2) PILOMIR hacks

Well... that isn't something I expected to see.

Wow, yeah. Those two things sum it up for me too.

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Wow, yeah. Those two things sum it up for me too.

I broke my sarcasm filter trying to decipher some of Xer06ix's banter and I can't tell if you're serious or not.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I think he's serious - it's my reaction, too. 

• ARCH3TYP3 likes this

You should call me Luna.

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

some of these aren't necessary.

For many players, I am sure you are right. However, I am not the "sharpest tool in the shed", and many of these suggestions actually helped me quite a bit, whereas simply practicing and getting hours under my belt did not.

by virtue of the turn cap, you don't actually need a particularly low sensitivity or large mousepad to aim.

I found that I kept running out of mousepad and that buying a 16x18 was both perfect for me and relatively huge compared to what I had.

hawken is also not so fast that 144hz is necessary; you should likely view this as a quality of life improvement instead.

Fair enough. I should have mentioned part of the reasoning or principle behind the large 144hz monitor is to lower stress, strain and effort required to play more effectively. This became more important for me as I got older. (I used to have 20/15 vision and played UT on a 100hz 13" CRT)

if your resolution is so high that viewing models is cumbersome, perhaps you could try decreasing your fov a bit; i don't think dave played at max fov.

I play at 110, at the suggestion of a top 10 player...I guess I have just gotten used to it. I have very few hours playing at less than max.

i don't think the sound thing is very necessary either.

Again, I believe you are probably correct; for most players it probably won't be.
But, as an old guy, it helped me to remove auditory sensory input and thereby train myself to be more visually oriented. In the 100 hours or so of this exercise, my MMR rose quite significantly. I attribute it to being able to mute what had ostensibly become distractive, overwhelming and stressful sound effects that prevented me from the laser like focus I required to improve visual attentiveness.

eyes on radar is probably closer to 80%+ as a long term goal. you should be able to keep an eye on the radar in the middle of firefights.

I am sure you are correct.

dodging out of cover is fine as an aggressive tactic. assuming your opponent is relatively close by, it forces them to either begin trading with you or to run. the former is generally an advantage if you are a stronger dmer, and the latter means that you generally can get free damage or reset positions.

Excellent, yes.
Basically, he told me "you're doing it wrong" with the walk out dodge in thing...I was attempting to trade tows with him 1v1 and my cooldown after the dodge-out was what was giving him the advantage.
Thanks for the insight. You are an incredible player and I have always enjoyed playing with you.

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

I think he's serious - it's my reaction, too.

I am completely serious. I have only ever seen him play Rocketeer, and he was never....great.
He often hackused, though.
  • DeeRax and Zebanchi like this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

so i decided to have a game yesterday....

During this game i was Hackused 4 times... 

Now i KNOW there are cheaters but guys really... when you are as bad as i am and you get hackused you have to wonder....

WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING OUR NOOBS!!!

Really guys...

as for this Pilomer crap...

I have played him alot and generally he does only play cockatard... but he is in no way hacking...

enough with the false accusations please....

really, IF you think some one is hacking, record the match and post it to youtube then give zendesk the link...

same advise that always got thrown at me.... so yeah, take it...

• harmless_kittens likes this

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

so i decided to have a game yesterday....

During this game i was Hackused 4 times... 

Now i KNOW there are cheaters but guys really... when you are as bad as i am and you get hackused you have to wonder....

WHAT ARE YOU FEEDING OUR NOOBS!!!

Really guys...

as for this Pilomer crap...

I have played him alot and generally he does only play cockatard... but he is in no way hacking...

enough with the false accusations please....

really, IF you think some one is hacking, record the match and post it to youtube then give zendesk the link...

same advise that always got thrown at me.... so yeah, take it...

That video was bona-fide hacking in my book, and it's very recent, so maybe he picked up hacks to augment his abilities (or lack thereof).

• DeeRax, ARCH3TYP3, popeco and 1 other like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

the video that i watched was smoking gun; there's no doubt that the recorded individual is hacking.

• BimboRotto, DeeRax, ARCH3TYP3 and 2 others like this

Memag

Memag

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

That's exactly what I did.

• BimboRotto, DeeRax and DallasCreeper like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

thots:

spending much more time watching radar, and found myself "glancing" at the screen to see if it matched up.  i also occasionally noticed repair attacks like nepa mentioned, and started watching for nearby enemy pings that suddenly blink out--head for a halfway mark to that location and then directly to it, and you'll either ambush an enemy trying to sneak up on you (or someone else), or you'll come up on a repairing enemy*.  so far, this almost is 100% the cause of hackusations.  it never gets old. it really gets rage in DMs.

i thank them kindly for the compliments, and do it again at the first opportunity.

*note: this doesn't go well if you find him, and he has friends with him

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

*note: this doesn't go well if you find him, and he has friends with him

OhShitIFoundTheEnemyTe - Hello, Garage.

• EM1O and DeeRax like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

You can all hate me now!!!!

IhazBigPoobs

IhazBigPoobs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Srsly paws?

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

You can all hate me now!!!!

F5 Disconect

then only your hairdresser will know for sure

ok, dump and run.  but play.  at least you show up somewhere!  i'd even take Klown back. (i mean, sh!t, they let RunningMarsupial back in)

edited for Bear- Political Corruptness)

Edited by EM1O, 19 December 2016 - 03:44 PM.

nRJ1C9n.png

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

At 60 time is relevant. Bad matches are a waste in time.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Annnnnnnd banned.

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

I am confused.

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

you do know that there is an internal which increases speeds when health is at a certain point, right?

And an internal that increases speed after a kill. 

Thats when I get accused of speedhacking on vanguard lol 

---- 

There are only so many maps and so many mechs. Once you play enough, you can watch another player and pretty much know what they are going to do. It might seem like people are hacking, but its more about you playing right into us. 

I was once playing with a (less experienced player) and destroying him. He was complaining a lot and I told him "Everything you do - from now on as soon as you think to do something, just do something else instead. Lets start there" 

It totally changed the dynamic and he was very happy. 

Some of us dont need to wall hack. We already know where you went.

Edited by TangledMantis, 20 December 2016 - 07:57 AM.

• EM1O and -Tj- like this

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

consider yourself fortunate to be here doing it.  at 65 Any matches are a waste of time.  and delightfully wasteful I am.

• crockrocket and TheButtSatisfier like this

nRJ1C9n.png

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Man, I kind of assumed I was a resident granddaddy.
Hats off to the senior Hawken torch holders.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I'm 51.  I think EM10, Nov8r, and (formerly) Puma were the team over 60.  There's a few of us in their 50's, and we've remarked before how Hawken seems to retain an older demographic; this sort of post highlights that anew.

• EM1O, Nov8tr and TangledMantis like this

You should call me Luna.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

[...] and we've remarked before how Hawken seems to retain an older demographic; this sort of post highlights that anew.

Which is what I'm afraid of. Should the game become popular, angry teenagers will come and ruin the warm, fireplacey atmosphere we have now.

• TangledMantis likes this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Which is what I'm afraid of. Should the game become popular, angry teenagers will come and ruin the warm, fireplacey atmosphere we have now.

I don't know, there seems to be quite a few teens who play this game, and I'm not seeing any ruining of the warm, fireplacey atmosphere we have now. 

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

And if you throw the right kind of salt on the fire, it goes all green and blue!

• coldform, DerMax, Miscellaneous and 5 others like this

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Hm. You learn something every day. I am 46 and always thought of Pumapaw as an angry young guy yelling at me. Now I can picture him as a cantankerous older guy yelling at me.
  • DeeRax likes this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

cantankerous

Learned a new word today. And it's a good one.

• crockrocket, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 2 others like this

Onstrava

Onstrava

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Warm and cozy fireplacey atmosphere huh? Where have I been? Last time I checked people are at each other's throats more than usual. And with that being said, I hate everybody equally, Merry Christmas Fuzzy Bunnies.

Edited by Onstrava, 23 December 2016 - 05:14 AM.

Hold on to the things you care about most, even if others see it as insignificant..If you can't be true to yourself, are you really living?

W4znwFO.jpg1sHSjPn.png1sHSjPn.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngbANk8SP.jpgMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngMLIZlEa.pngMLIZlEa.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.pngZVn3Cxy.png1sHSjPn.pngW4znwFO.jpg

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Warm and cozy fireplacey atmosphere huh? Where have I been? Last time I checked people are at each other's throats more than usual. And with that being said, I hate everybody equally, Merry Christmas Fuzzy Bunnies.

/Irascible*

*How about this one, dermax?

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

/Irascible*

*How about this one, dermax?

Nah, I've seen this one somewhere.

Man, some people need to learn the difference between hostility and good ol' banter.

• Amidatelion and ARCH3TYP3 like this

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Last night I thought having the final kill screen stay up  longer would help the brand new player. Maybe included damage done by the assists, you know at the bottom, and make the names much bigger so it is obvious why they have died. I think most brand new players miss the whole team based game play and this might also help that.

Not to take away from that faCt cheaters suck like

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I'm 51.  I think EM10, Nov8r, and (formerly) Puma were the team over 60.  There's a few of us in their 50's, and we've remarked before how Hawken seems to retain an older demographic; this sort of post highlights that anew.

Yeah I'm 63 and there a number of us over 60 EM10 was the first one I met years ago. Met a number since then. Plenty in 50's and a lot in 40's.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

OpTiC_DeRpY

OpTiC_DeRpY

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

To clear things up, I haven't touch the game in months, last time I logged into both the site and the game were early October been playing this then I have Hawken, even passed Titanfall 2 up for it. Hawken vs it feels to slow in my opinion to where it hurts to play Hawken now. I prefer my games to run at a true 240fps then a "smoothed via ini trickery" 240. So those of you who are undoubtedly pointing fingers at me, it ain't me hasn't been me since I was caught before. So you can take your mythopoeic delusions about me repeatedly returning just to cause peccadillos amongst those tyros of the community. While the thought crossed my mind about doing it, I refuse to be a stickybeak and do it myself, I'm often a third the majority of you's ages', and I even know it's detrimental to the plausible success of the game.

Sriracha_Sauce

Sriracha_Sauce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts
Redacted

Edited by Sriracha_Sauce, 04 January 2017 - 07:40 PM.

Can't handle the sauce?

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

To clear things up, I haven't touch the game in months, last time I logged into both the site and the game were early October been playing this then I have Hawken, even passed Titanfall 2 up for it. Hawken vs it feels to slow in my opinion to where it hurts to play Hawken now. I prefer my games to run at a true 240fps then a "smoothed via ini trickery" 240. So those of you who are undoubtedly pointing fingers at me, it ain't me hasn't been me since I was caught before. So you can take your mythopoeic delusions about me repeatedly returning just to cause peccadillos amongst those tyros of the community. While the thought crossed my mind about doing it, I refuse to be a stickybeak and do it myself, I'm often a third the majority of you's ages', and I even know it's detrimental to the plausible success of the game.

Ok.

You should call me Luna.

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

This thread though is just full of Lulz.

So those of you who are undoubtedly pointing fingers at me, it ain't me hasn't been me since I was caught before. So you can take your mythopoeic delusions about me repeatedly returning just to cause peccadillos amongst those tyros of the community. While the thought crossed my mind about doing it.

Boi, your name hasn't been brought up in so long. 

• Zebanchi likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users