- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
103 replies to this topic

4lph4Wolf

4lph4Wolf

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I have found so many hacking problems while playing hawken. it really upsets me as a gamer that only wants a fun fair game. but hacking is just such a norm now. Stop hacking. 

• Friga, Xer06siX and DemitronPrime like this

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

gc.gif

• dorobo and Bad_BennyAK like this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

giphy.gif

• dorobo, EM1O, DeeRax and 1 other like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

Kindos7

Kindos7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

8JyF91c.jpg

• coldform and Amidatelion like this

"Go pro, it's worth it"

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

b3hnzm6.gif

I'll stop, I'm sorry.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

I have found so many hacking problems while playing hawken. it really upsets me as a gamer that only wants a fun fair game. but hacking is just such a norm now. Stop hacking. 

name of hacker?

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

name of hacker?

...should be saved for a support ticket

edit: derp

Edited by Miscellaneous, 06 December 2016 - 11:18 AM.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

...should be saved for a support ticket

edit: derp

and include vid recording of said hacking.

also:  you might ask around ingame if your suspect is a milge running a smurf acct.  you just might be up against someone that has gotten reelly gud over the last 4 or 5 years playing this game.

Edited by EM1O, 06 December 2016 - 01:45 PM.

• Call_Me_Ishmael and TangledMantis like this

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

007eleven

007eleven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

It's usually pretty easy to tell hackers. They usually run SS or Infl and snap really quickly. If you want to capture footage I suggest using shadow play.

zbbsccs.png

-Thanks to eth0

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts
Lemme guess... He was in a mech that moved so fast you could not hit it, and it seemed like could see through walls, and HIS gun hit you a lot but yours never did any damage?
  • coldform, wolfrock, TangledMantis and 3 others like this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

there's not even a rule in the drinking game for this one, but i'll say "bottoms up!" anyway, cuz it should be a thing.

@OP: is this your main account?

Lemme guess... He was in a mech that moved so fast you could not hit it, and it seemed like could see through walls, and HIS gun hit you a lot but yours never did any damage?

account info seems to point in this direction.

Edited by coldform, 06 December 2016 - 03:17 PM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

nabla_

nabla_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
I think there are high-level players, around 2200 - 2300 mmr, who use ESP extrasensory perception aka wallhack, dodges without delay, and "soft" speedhack in specific situations when they are playing with raider/scouts (attack and escape), camouflaging it with his hability.

I call this situation "the hawkengate", and I think it's usual in EU servers.

Edited by nabla_, 07 December 2016 - 04:49 AM.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I think there are high-level players, around 2200 - 2300 mmr, who use ESP extrasensory perception aka wallhack, dodges without delay, and "soft" speedhack in specific situations when they are playing with raider/scouts (attack and escape), camouflaging it with his hability.

No.

• dorobo, Miscellaneous, Amidatelion and 4 others like this

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Legitimate hackers are far rarer than really good players. I believe that there are some players on the forums who would be happy to help spot aimbotters if you PM them something like a video(specifically a video). 

• -Tj- and Zebanchi like this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

This reminds me of the time people kept saying "the rise of the hackers" in EU servers.

Turns out they were just mad cus bad.

• DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 4 others like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

I think there are high-level players, around 2200 - 2300 mmr, who use ESP extrasensory perception aka wallhack

more like a combination of:

• ingame sound turned up, and a good pair of headphones, allowing you to hear the footsteps of every mech(including cloaked preds),
  • near-constant radar perception to pop those pesky permaboosters when they come around the corner,
  • and an altogether good sense of positioning/prediction.

dodges without delay

more like good timing while chaining boosts and dodges together.

and "soft" speedhack in specific situations when they are playing with raider/scouts (attack and escape), camouflaging it with his hability.

you do know that there is an internal which increases speeds when health is at a certain point, right?

I doubt that's the case.

mad cus bad.

this pilot's accuracy is uncanny. human, but uncanny.

• Charcoal, DeeRax, DallasCreeper and 1 other like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

God damn lying circle jerks!!!!

fabulous_haters_.gif

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Further proof is needed however, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss all this as crazy talk.... it might not be so crazy.
  • DieselCat and Charcoal like this

wmmoney.png

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I find humor in the fact that the people who are the ones doing it are the first ones to run their mouth and make fun of people. The first with the I'm a superior elitiest player. How dare you question me. LOL. You don't really have to accuse someone now, just say odd or unusual, or interesting and watch em pop out the woodwork like termites to supper. Yes there really are high end players who use hacks sometimes. Some have even got caught. Yeah some people are really good. And saying there aren't any hackers or a tiny amount is like saying the sun doesn't work everyday because you didn't see it. Hmm behind the clouds maybe? A little subterfuge goes a long way don't it? Hmmm carry on. Oh wait let the flames, accusations and be sure to make fun of people more. That will either fix everything or cover your tracks.

• FRX23 likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

nabla_

nabla_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

more like a combination of:

• ingame sound turned up, and a good pair of headphones, allowing you to hear the footsteps of every mech(including cloaked preds),
  • near-constant radar perception to pop those pesky permaboosters when they come around the corner,
  • and an altogether good sense of positioning/prediction.

Yes,  I know and I agree with these sentences, but certain players "seem" to have the ability to see when you are self-repairing and to hit a critical shot from impossible distances.

more like good timing while chaining boosts and dodges together.

I have seen players doing side dodges without delay

do know that there is an internal which increases speeds when health is at a certain point, right?

I use them, but It's amazing when a brawler is faster than your raider equipped with Evasive Device + basic fuel converter + basic power surger and blitz ability activated.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I have seen players doing side dodges without delay

I use them, but It's amazing when a brawler is faster than your raider equipped with Evasive Device + basic fuel converter + basic power surger and blitz ability activated.

Post video proof.

If you think someone is hacking, then record them. Otherwise there is only your word and nothing else.

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 08 December 2016 - 01:28 AM.

• crockrocket, Miscellaneous, Meraple and 1 other like this

Spoiler

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Coming to Hawken after having played against some truly awe inspiring UT2k4 players, I almost never thought anyone was hacking. When you regularly witness high level fps players, the hocus pocus fades away and becomes graspable.
I once asked an excellent Hawken player how he seemingly dodged without cooldown, knew where I was at all times, and never seemed to miss.
He was kind enough to explain his moves, tactics and fundamentals and suggested some settings which made sense of what may initially have seemed like impossibly achievable gameplay.
After hundreds of hours of playing, even I (a low to mid level player) have been accused of hacking.

The last hacker I saw in game was caught on video by Merl, and apparently banned by C05.
It was blatant.
IME, most people who complain of hacks simply lack imagination toward, and appreciation for, the lofty human skill ceiling.
  • coldform, Miscellaneous, Meraple and 6 others like this

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Care to share that advice and suggested settings?
  • Bad_BennyAK likes this

wmmoney.png

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

These people do good work, firstly because they saved the game from the grave.

Edited by Xer06siX, 08 December 2016 - 03:40 PM.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Coming to Hawken after having played against some truly awe inspiring UT2k4 players, I almost never thought anyone was hacking. When you regularly witness high level fps players, the hocus pocus fades away and becomes graspable.
I once asked an excellent Hawken player how he seemingly dodged without cooldown, knew where I was at all times, and never seemed to miss.
He was kind enough to explain his moves, tactics and fundamentals and suggested some settings which made sense of what may initially have seemed like impossibly achievable gameplay.
After hundreds of hours of playing, even I (a low to mid level player) have been accused of hacking.

The last hacker I saw in game was caught on video by Merl, and apparently banned by C05.
It was blatant.
IME, most people who complain of hacks simply lack imagination toward, and appreciation for, the lofty human skill ceiling.

UT is the bees knees man, the whole franchise. Been running them games forever, they set the standard for truckloads of other games to follow. This game is based on its engine, it is a beautiful thing. I think that explains my feverish obsession about this game sometimes. But cheating usually gets dealt with faster on higher grade/popular/just overloaded with money. Licensed use of it's engine entitles you to ask them for help when dealing with new code base and such.They been catching hackers for longer than I care to remember. If it becomes a problem where you feel like everyone is Hacking, it's because maybe they are actually Cheating. Some players follow a decorum on the field or whatever the case may be, some don't. You don't always have to stick with the team in TDM, if you know what I mean. Use of code to assist gameplay, like for example steroids (Physical, IRL equivalent), is just shallow.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Just wanted to poke my head in and say there actually was someone cheating in the game the last time I was in. This one was using a speed hack and taunting everyone as usual. I'm pretty sure it was one of the usual two with new accounts. It was pretty funny to watch them speed around and then get autokicked by the server, only to see them come back with another account to do exactly the same thing again... only to be kicked again. Perhaps Reloaded should consider decreasing the sample time on speed hacks, even if it ends up kicking legitimate players with connection problems. I, for one, feel that if you're zipping around the map uncontrollably because of connection issues, you're probably not going to have much fun anyway.

certain players "seem" to have the ability to see when you are self-repairing and to hit a critical shot from impossible distances.

It's possible for seasoned players to land absolutely incredible shots, such as sniping through tiny holes most players don't realize are there, or firing a TOW across the map and still managing to land a hit where it would be impossible for most players. Very good players can appear to be cheaters, but usually said players are good not just at killing, but also at movement and other things. Most cheaters are just good at landing shots, and suck at everything else (even the speed hackers suck).

• FRX23, DeeRax, Xer06siX and 1 other like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Just wanted to poke my head in and say there actually was someone cheating in the game the last time I was in. This one was using a speed hack and taunting everyone as usual.

Was this the one who decided to spam "Ishmael the Cheater" repeatedly while trying to interfere with my movement?

If so, s/he was surprisingly ineffective!

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

certain players "seem" to have the ability to see when you are self-repairing and to hit a critical shot from impossible distances.

it is not hard.
on my expirience, it is quite difference beetwen nubs and pro. when pro have low HP, and cover from you, he don't sit repair immideately, he trying to look at radar to see, who is near, and who probably can be near, if result not good, he start walking far away from this place. +sometimes he have regenerator. 

99% that nub start repairing behind first covers even if 5 enemies is near (like i do, lol), it is mean if near small amount of teammates, you just can go to him and kill him easily. when i do the same things (even if i don't hear repair sound), it is just a logic. 
enemy HP<10% -> variants
1) he trying to repair.
2) he trying hiding, wait, and then repair.
3) if he trying to runaway, find him on a different way instead follow him, especially if you in slower brawler. i mean, if enemy going to "way N1", use "way N2" and going to the same place.
(just do inverted thing, and you catch him in another way, you even no need scanner or radar for this, you just should know that enemies don't have scanner)

the same logic with infiltrator/pred. if you see 5 enemies, and dont see the 6th. u just should know... that this guy is trying to backstab you RIGHT NOW. count from 1 to 10, press shift+S and kill this small bastard in his face. you also no need radar for doing this :D
sometimes it working, and you can be called a cheater bacoz you see infil staying back for him, in invisibility mode. obviously you use wallhax+aim, bacoz it is impossible. bacoz infil is invisible (actually... no)

I use them, but It's amazing when a brawler is faster than your raider equipped with Evasive Device + basic fuel converter + basic power surger and blitz ability activated.

ED and Surgery not affect on boost (if you not talk about "G2-blitz" of course)

Edited by nepacaka, 08 December 2016 - 09:22 PM.

• FRX23 likes this

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Was this the one who decided to spam "Ishmael the Cheater" repeatedly while trying to interfere with my movement?

If so, s/he was surprisingly ineffective!

lol maybe? This was really early in the morning. They really weren't disrupting my game much (just made for a more challenging target to hit), but there was at least one other player getting verbally annoyed in Spanish.

ARCH3TYP3

ARCH3TYP3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Care to share that advice and suggested settings?

Nothing you don't know already, I'm sure.

Get a huge mousepad
Get a huge 144Hz monitor
Use lowest resolution monitor will support to make targets appear larger
Practice 100 hours without sound
Reintroduce sound with a pair of excellent headphones
Use nepacaka's plastic settings to reduce clutter and train your brain and hands to focus on what's important- hitting your target
Don't waste dodges-use them to avoid getting hit while ascertaining your next position
Eyes on radar nearly 50% of the time
Stay off radar whenever feasible by walking
Dodge INTO cover
Walk OUT of cover
Learn where your tow hits at short-range and aim accordingly- (it comes off your right side)
At long range, the tow hits right on the dot, so you can make virtually perfect long range hits on healing or non- moving targets
Again, nothing you don't know.
I'd like to mention that I learn best by asking questions and being mentored, (in many cases by people half my age) and I was fortunate enough to have been taught a few things about Hawken that would have taken me forever (or never) to learn on my own.
(I was also taught to play UT2k4 by an excellent player who was a patient teacher.)
The game has been more enjoyable for me since being shown these things, which also gave me some goals and tactics to practice.
I would also like to mention that much, much later, I was shown some more advanced tactics by a couple other excellent players, and for that I am also very fortunate and grateful.
Thanks.
  • Miscellaneous, Rainbow_Sheep and Zebanchi like this

"Finally, the white knight I deserve. [ARCHETYPE]" -  Amidatelion

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Nothing you don't know already, I'm sure.

Get a huge mousepad
Get a huge 144Hz monitor
Use lowest resolution monitor will support to make targets appear larger
Practice 100 hours without sound
Reintroduce sound with a pair of excellent headphones
Use nepacaka's plastic settings to reduce clutter and train your brain and hands to focus on what's important- hitting your target
Don't waste dodges-use them to avoid getting hit while ascertaining your next position
Eyes on radar nearly 50% of the time
Stay off radar whenever feasible by walking
Dodge INTO cover
Walk OUT of cover

some of these aren't necessary.

by virtue of the turn cap, you don't actually need a particularly low sensitivity or large mousepad to aim.

hawken is also not so fast that 144hz is necessary; you should likely view this as a quality of life improvement instead.

if your resolution is so high that viewing models is cumbersome, perhaps you could try decreasing your fov a bit; i don't think dave played at max fov.

i don't think the sound thing is very necessary either.

eyes on radar is probably closer to 80%+ as a long term goal. you should be able to keep an eye on the radar in the middle of firefights.

dodging out of cover is fine as an aggressive tactic. assuming your opponent is relatively close by, it forces them to either begin trading with you or to run. the former is generally an advantage if you are a stronger dmer, and the latter means that you generally can get free damage or reset positions.

• coldform, DerMax, Miscellaneous and 4 others like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

by virtue of the turn cap, you don't actually need a particularly low sensitivity or large mousepad to aim.

hawken is also not so fast that 144hz is necessary; you should likely view this as a quality of life improvement instead.

if your resolution is so high that viewing models is cumbersome, perhaps you could try decreasing your fov a bit; i don't think dave played at max fov.

eyes on radar is probably closer to 80%+ as a long term goal. you should be able to keep an eye on the radar in the middle of firefights.

dodging out of cover is fine as an aggressive tactic. assuming your opponent is relatively close by, it forces them to either begin trading with you or to run. the former is generally an advantage if you are a stronger dmer, and the latter means that you generally can get free damage or reset positions.

Listen to devotion. Him, TANG and Omni are a huge reason I was able to climb the ladder and lead a team.

Some of what he talks about is detailed here.

The grand tragedy of this slow Fall that Hawken is experiencing is that scrubs won't have the chance to engage with these ultra-high tier players in this, effectively, lo-fi fps. It is a fantastic training ground that lets skilled teachers, of whom I count devotion and DarkTim highly among, explain basic and advanced concepts in an artificially slowed-down space.
  • coldform, ThereIsOnlyOne and Zebanchi like this

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Just wanted to poke my head in and say there actually was someone cheating in the game the last time I was in. This one was using a speed hack and taunting everyone as usual. I'm pretty sure it was one of the usual two with new accounts. It was pretty funny to watch them speed around and then get autokicked by the server, only to see them come back with another account to do exactly the same thing again... only to be kicked again. Perhaps Reloaded should consider decreasing the sample time on speed hacks, even if it ends up kicking legitimate players with connection problems. I, for one, feel that if you're zipping around the map uncontrollably because of connection issues, you're probably not going to have much fun anyway.

It's possible for seasoned players to land absolutely incredible shots, such as sniping through tiny holes most players don't realize are there, or firing a TOW across the map and still managing to land a hit where it would be impossible for most players. Very good players can appear to be cheaters, but usually said players are good not just at killing, but also at movement and other things. Most cheaters are just good at landing shots, and suck at everything else (even the speed hackers suck).

I could not agree more, I wanted to emphasize that some people take shots at other players when out of map. They don't need to get kills, just get assists, so that nobody sees their kill cams. Can stay up there all day, but tracers are a mofo. If anyone is streaming, then usually in that case, the player would probably be spoken to. That and told to knock it off, or piss off.

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

If you can stream the games when you play please do. Submit the imagery to the dev team and they will happily assist you with anyone cheating. Provide as much evidence as possible, try to go for a whole body of evidence :-)

Just here.                            

g44azur1mvxs41m4g.jpg

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

The grand tragedy of this slow Fall that Hawken is experiencing is that scrubs won't have the chance to engage with these ultra-high tier players in this, effectively, lo-fi fps. It is a fantastic training ground that lets skilled teachers, of whom I count devotion and DarkTim highly among, explain basic and advanced concepts in an artificially slowed-down space.

actually not. i spent some time with 1200mmr Bot tdm, and 99% nubs literally play worse than stupid bots (well, you know this low-tier Bots, they just walking and shooting in everything, but not in you and miss specially, quite unadequate). so many people dont understand nothing. 
probably, they not reasize genre of game. they came for mech, for simulator probably, or something like mwo i think. but in reality they came in game where people flying around and shooting with insane accuracy (you stand - you ded)

they not realise that maneveurs, positioning, and covers is a "key". it is also fun to see, when i play on main acc in bot-TDM (and bots activate their focus on you and really strong aimbot), and even people with 1800+ mmr failed. i mean, they can't beat bots, die a lot, and have lower score than bots. 

they just playing like "go and pew-pew", and can't understand why they duing so fast. they don't use covers, stay in wrong place, ignore orbs, and trying beat 100% aimbot bots with their cheap dps etc.

at the same time, people who want some competitive, play in any different games, but not in hawken. personally i think, the reason of the fall, is the new players "expectations" does not match the "reality". i mean, people think this is game about mechs, but mechs are only decorations in hawken.

+ game is too hard and complex, and nobody not tell you the rules and tips/tricks (and it still don't have "tips on loading screen" with information. for example,  i'm 99% sure that no one of new player don't know, that AA shooting faster/better than more people stay in AA, just because there is no information about it in game. nobody tell you, that you should use dodge+jump to evade HF missiles, because one dodge is not enough. etc.)

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts

i mean, if you want play in hawken, you should reads tonnes manual, see 500 videos of top players, has iq with 3 numbers or higher, be tricky, be patient, love mechs or sci-fi, love fps-shooters. it is quite rare combination of human qualities, which target audience must have to play in hawken. at least 80% of it.

Edited by nepacaka, 10 December 2016 - 12:04 AM.

• coldform, DeeRax and ARCH3TYP3 like this

KamikazeCommando

KamikazeCommando

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Meanwhile ( not my video, but it was posted today ):

I've reported that guy in the past, as well as various other well known cheats- seems the devs just decided to wipe the slate clean and let them all come back to boost the player numbers ( lol? ). 

Edited by KamikazeCommando, 10 December 2016 - 07:43 AM.

• DieselCat, Brooklyn77, Ukabix and 2 others like this

( Insert witty signature here )

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I do think 144 Hz is necessary for Scout and Raider mains, as a person who went from 25 fps to 143 fps.

• Guns_N_Rozer and Call_Me_Ishmael like this

DeeRax

DeeRax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

I, for one, feel that if you're zipping around the map uncontrollably because of connection issues, you're probably not going to have much fun anyway.

YUP. Yeah, I usually just give up on the game after a match or two of this, and go do something else with my time.
I actually have not played the game for a few weeks now, and haven't really wanted to, since this just seems to be my default HOWKEN experience nowadays.

Appropriately enough, I've had a couple people accuse me of "teleport hacks" because of my connection's inability to get along with HOWKEN. I'm just like, "Well, hey, this fuzzy bunny isn't especially fun on my end either."

Edited by DeeRax, 10 December 2016 - 09:35 AM.

• coldform, Amidatelion, DieselCat and 1 other like this

starfox-sig.gifrYFaSGG.gif

2XhpJes.png

"DeeRax's got what you've always wanted."

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

As of late for me, the servers are either full, not accepting new players or (I'm getting this alot) server is outside your skill level....when I do get into a server, teams are again usually stacked or MM is totally on drugs or confused with all the players coming and going with late arrivals and quitters.....and the occasional cheat player or smurf that throws a grenade into the whole mix. 

Usually just give up and do some Co-Op TDM...where I do see groups of other players at times that have become really good friends there (Doom-Squid, Sunfish, Sw0rd, DM10, Puma, and bunches of other players that really have a good time in there...becomes much more enjoyable, even though it's against bots, which can get boring after a while, but still a better alternative at times. 

Wish RLD would add a few more maps into the rotation in Co-Op TDM to help change things up a bit, but game hasn't seen an update in, what, a decade now ? ....Maybe 2017 with be different and give Hawken the many more players it desperately needs. :thumbsup:  

Edited by DieselCat, 10 December 2016 - 10:37 AM.

• Pumapaw likes this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users