• 183 posts

The entire mech need reworked.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
The L6 camos aren't just camos. Fred elite chassis is a completely different mesh.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

the g1 versions of both g2 mechs just have desert camo (and again, this is actually a camo, not a set of parts), whereas the g2 mechs come fully leveled up and unable to access anything like that (be it parts or camo)

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

the g1 versions of both g2 mechs just have desert camo (and again, this is actually a camo, not a set of parts), whereas the g2 mechs come fully leveled up and unable to access anything like that (be it parts or camo)

I'm not sure I'm following what you are on about.  So lemme take a stab and see.

In the early days camo's used to be per mech only, so a purchase for one mech was not automatically available to the others in your garage.  Then at some point in time ADH (Adhesive, the original company that developed the game) released a few global camos that were available across any mech you owned or were going to own in the future.  Then a few months later they changed the purchased camos to default to global camos, hoping to stimulate more purchases.  I'm pretty sure the reward camo you are talking about falls into the non global category which makes it specific to the individual mech it was awarded to, therefore making it unavailable to all the other mechs you own.  Why??  Because that is the way it was done at that time, and things that happened later on didn't automatically change things that were done before.  

Really though, I understand your thought process on wanting to enable your pretty reward camo on all your other mechs and stand out and be different in game (which won't really happen because everyone will just be running the free reward camo the same as you), but lets just be serious for a moment and think about what you are asking from a business perspective.  The reward camo you were given was only meant to be an incentive and nothing else.  When you understand that concept at face value you realize it was only meant for you to get a tiny taste and to get you to spend actual money for a better camo.

My thought on this subject is invest some money IF you feel the game is worth it and buy a global skin for your mech if you really want to be (slightly) different than other players.  Then you can actually feel good about yourself because you are actually supporting the game (somewhat) and not just another freeloader.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

snip

What I believe he's getting at is more that the G2 Assault and G2 Raider cannot unlock the desert camo every other mechs do when they reach rank 6, since they start off at rank 6.

• DemitronPrime likes this

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

What I believe he's getting at is more that the G2 Assault and G2 Raider cannot unlock the desert camo every other mechs do when they reach rank 6, since they start off at rank 6.

This. I don't really see how it wasn't clear, the title of the thread says "level 6 camo," which is pretty clearly referring to the desert camo you get on any other mech by reaching level 6. According to cold you get different parts on fred, but I'm pretty sure he's just thinking of the level 1-5 parts and not the level 6 camo.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

This. I don't really see how it wasn't clear, the title of the thread says "level 6 camo," which is pretty clearly referring to the desert camo you get on any other mech by reaching level 6. According to cold you get different parts on fred, but I'm pretty sure he's just thinking of the level 1-5 parts and not the level 6 camo.

That is exactly how I misinterpreted your post. *dorkstamps himself*

Current setup on pc is that you can't purchase g2 mechs with hc until you max level the g1 counterpart. I don't see any reason NOT to give g2 mechs the Camo.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
/humps pure white G2 Raider
  • coldform, DeeRax and ThereIsOnlyOne like this

Acguy

Acguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

/humps pure white G2 Raider

It (the G2R, which is actually a raider, not the current G2R which becomes the marauder) looks disgusting on console, I hadn't seen it when I'd originally made this thread. For some reason the G2 mechs on console just have uggo parts. They all have this black torso that says G2 on it somewhere, but none of the B class actually have updated arms, and the G2 raider has the elite raider hips and legs.so your arms are the pasty tan color, your torso is matte black, and your legs are white with yellow stripes. It looks like it threw on a black beater and some sporty white sweatpants.

Though I should add that I'm actually pretty sure you can get the camo on console, but it doesn't override the parts G2's come with unless you re-buy the plain chassis. Yeah, you're expected to buy those back.

Edited by Acguy, 08 January 2017 - 05:55 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

It (the G2R, which is actually a raider, not the current G2R which becomes the marauder) looks disgusting on console, I hadn't seen it when I'd originally made this thread. For some reason the G2 mechs on console just have uggo parts. They all have this black torso that says G2 on it somewhere, but none of the B class actually have updated arms, and the G2 raider has the elite raider hips and legs.so your arms are the pasty tan color, your torso is matte black, and your legs are white with yellow stripes. It looks like it threw on a black beater and some sporty white sweatpants.

Though I should add that I'm actually pretty sure you can get the camo on console, but it doesn't override the parts G2's come with unless you re-buy the plain chassis. Yeah, you're expected to buy those back.

The other thing about the G2 mechs on console is that that weird carbon skin is actually a mesh OVER the selectable skin.

Which can be manipulated for some cool effects on a limited selection of skins, but for the most part, it looks like butt.

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

The other thing about the G2 mechs on console is that that weird carbon skin is actually a mesh OVER the selectable skin.

Which can be manipulated for some cool effects on a limited selection of skins, but for the most part, it looks like butt.

Can you equip "energy" on a g2 chassis?

I'm curious what that would look like.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users