• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Please post below any feedback or issues you may be experiencing with the forums.  

• Rajitha likes this

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

Saturnine

Saturnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
Feedback: Wow this looks a lot cleaner and smoother than the old forums! More feedback to probably come.

More feedback: Was confronted with an insurmountable feeling of sadness when my avatar and stuff was not there. Guess I'll have to fix that right away. In making this feedback, I noted that clicking the save changes button after editing wouldn't cause the page to reload and display properly, though the edit would be committed upon refreshing.

After finishing recreating all that: I couldn't properly do it. :( 3 lines of text in the signature is a liiiitlllee bit too few for me.

Edited by Saturnine, 20 March 2015 - 09:00 PM.

• OmegaNull and shosca like this

3PGQhH7.gif

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot? Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, even the world-famous Loc_Tr? Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

TunsOfFun

TunsOfFun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

a wild saturnine has appeard!

• breadeffect likes this

2500+ MMR techie?

http://www.twitch.tv/tunsoffun

breadeffect

breadeffect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

A wild Tuns appeared as well!

Btw this place looks nice!  Interesting what you can do with customizing the IP Boards can do. 

SGRock

SGRock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

I am amazed that you folks got the forums online and functioning so quickley.

Thank you!

• LadyTiggs and Rajitha like this

No, I don't have a beta code that I can give you.

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

This looks way better than the prior forums though it is a little weird seeing all the signatures and such gone for the time being. Almost reminds me of when the forums first went live before.

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Feedback: Wow this looks a lot cleaner and smoother than the old forums! More feedback to probably come.

More feedback: Was confronted with an insurmountable feeling of sadness when my avatar and stuff was not there. Guess I'll have to fix that right away. In making this feedback, I noted that clicking the save changes button after editing wouldn't cause the page to reload and display properly, though the edit would be committed upon refreshing.

After finishing recreating all that: I couldn't properly do it. :( 3 lines of text in the signature is a liiiitlllee bit too few for me.

I increased this now, try again. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

Saturnine

Saturnine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I increased this now, try again.

Thank you very much! It's quite appreciated. :)

Now that I've popped around a bit, and I don't actually know if this is possible to fix on your end, but when loading between pages, the page flashes white for a split second, which is kinda blinding. I don't quite recall this being a thing before, but that could just be my selective memory.

Edited by Saturnine, 20 March 2015 - 09:57 PM.

3PGQhH7.gif

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot? Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, even the world-famous Loc_Tr? Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

KejiGoto

KejiGoto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Forum links at the bottom of the page would be awesome. Always feels like a pain having to scroll up to the top of the page just to move back into a main page for a forum section or something like that. 

Also I miss my Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder title.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Customer user titles!

• eth0 likes this

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

limitless likes! I want to like everyone's post in introductions!

bangs!!!

• SGRock, SandSpider2, Rajitha and 2 others like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

I am surprised... 

For contact methods in the user profile, we have:

AIM
MSN
Website URL
Jabber

But nothing for twitter, youtube, hitbox, google+, steam, or twitch.  Can these be added?

EDIT:  Also, two other things I noticed as I was browsing around...

• Mark all as read, we don't have one of these options.  It would be most useful, I think, when using the 'view new content' option
  • When clicking on a thread that I've already read some of, the forum isn't scrolling down to the latest additions, it opens it on the first post.  At least, I didn't see a setting/option for this.

Edited by bacon_avenger, 20 March 2015 - 11:53 PM.

• ThirdEyE and CounterlogicMan like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

The new forum has a different restriction on the size of images in the signature than the old forum:

Atm it's "Images up to 500 x 120 pixels" instead of the old forum's 800 x 160 pxiels or so. Are there any plans to change the current restriction to match the old one?

Edited by ReEvolve, 20 March 2015 - 11:49 PM.

• SandSpider2 and BucketOfSkin like this

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Customer user titles!

You mean custom? I miss my "Final Siege Boss" title, but I hope I can earn it back someday. :)

Can we get rid of the orange edit banner??

I second this.

The old forum used a custom font called 'play' I really liked (it was embedded in the CSS in base64).

Just noticed that the forum engine uses the outdated GMT format insted of UTC. :p //Not a problem

Edited by Houruck, 21 March 2015 - 01:44 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Elite misses his old forum title, the 2500 likes and the 3000 posts. But it's alright.

One thing to note, the yellow in the theme should be replaced with blueish green, just like the client's menu colors. The yellow used to be in the pre-ascension client. That was AGES ago.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Also, can you please change the link colour in the posts to #FEF46A?

Or as Elite pointed it out use the same scheme as the game everywhere.

Even before this yellow, it was #C1F084 (I really liked that).

YouTube video embedding does not work. I pasted the URL in my post and it shows the iframe, but it is empty:

https://community.pl...ized-cr-t-mech/

Edited by Houruck, 21 March 2015 - 02:18 AM.

• dorobo and Saturnine like this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

predators gonna predate

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Customer user titles!

We had a discussion about this last time remember?

Nu.

CRITICAL ASSIST

v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

The forum could be a bit brighter for my taste, but it looks tidier than I expected it to be.

So I'm quite happy about how it turned out ^^

Things to improve:

- a menu bar at the bottom of each page would be great!

Feels very cumbersome when you want to read several threads and always have to scroll back to the top of the page.

- just a tiny thing i didn't like was the "PLAY HAWKEN" gif on every page. I just got here after playing Hawken and I'm here to READ the forum!!

I don't want to be bothered to play Hawken all the time, so I disabled the gif via adblock

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Another minor thing: Please change that blue "mark forum as read" image. It is kinda out of place.

Can you implement a way in the full editor to set the width and height of images?

Edited by Houruck, 21 March 2015 - 03:15 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

predators gonna predate

hestoned

hestoned

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts

can i have my dev killer title back :)?

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

bangs!!!

I agree with this. On the previous forums, likes were not limited and could be dished out as much as you wanted. They were also not abused. If something was good, it got liked. 

• SandSpider2, Bad_BennyAK and blame_saturnine like this

"Velocitas et Eradico"

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I agree with this. On the previous forums, likes were not limited and could be dished out as much as you wanted. They were also not abused. If something was good, it got liked. 

I con cur

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

So fine. Now if you got that image link thingy in the signatures fixed, i can put my Burning Los Angeles banner back up. "Newbie"??? Riot! Now even the forums accuse me of playing like one.

And i concur on the color scheme objections, and the hallowe'en Edit bar.

+1

Edited by EM1O, 21 March 2015 - 11:03 AM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

I suggest you sticky this thread for now.

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

[...]

• When clicking on a thread that I've already read some of, the forum isn't scrolling down to the latest additions, it opens it on the first post.  At least, I didn't see a setting/option for this.

Yeah, the old Hawken forums had this particular type of option. It would only appear when you are on the view new content page. It would have "unread/" (without the quotes) appended to the end of every forum and topic link on that page.

Also, as a visible improvement to the forums, perhaps add fixed scrolling to the background image (i.e. CSS -> background-attachment: fixed;)

EDIT: Also, perhaps rotate the official background images with all mechs? I'm not sure if this would be a burden to the nginx server, and if GZIP will stress it too much. For example, images will rotate and are randomized on certain load conditions, or timed reload conditions to ease up resources.

Some of the other mech images optimized for 1080p resolution:

Sharpshooter

Predator

Assault

Or

https://www.playhawk...echname*-bg.jpg

EDIT2: It seems like there is already the option to view new posts. It works just like what we've mentioned. It has "?view=getnewpost" (without the quotes) added towards the end of the URL string. In addition, it appears this is also implemented in the view new content page. So now, the question remains to add the same query to all links, as if you were clicking on the "Go to first unread post" dot towards the left of the topic, or not.

Edited by Draigun, 21 March 2015 - 02:41 PM.

TpsOr7F.png

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

We need the mech guides reposted...

• OmegaNull likes this

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

We need the mech guides reposted...

Many of us are in the process of doing just that. Many of them have to be recreated.
  • LRod likes this

"Velocitas et Eradico"

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Can we tie shadenesses app or the pilot data with the a users forum page.  Like when you click on a pilot you see their piloting data?

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Hyginos

Hyginos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

While I understand the reasoning behind making the "edited" flag highly visibly, blaze orange is over-visible to the point of being obnoxious.

• SGRock likes this

MFW Howken

My post count is neat.

LRod

LRod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Many of us are in the process of doing just that. Many of them have to be recreated.

SWEET!!!  Thanks for the info.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting"  - Sun Tzu

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Thank you very much! It's quite appreciated. :)

Now that I've popped around a bit, and I don't actually know if this is possible to fix on your end, but when loading between pages, the page flashes white for a split second, which is kinda blinding. I don't quite recall this being a thing before, but that could just be my selective memory.

I added this to the forum suggestion task list. 

Forum links at the bottom of the page would be awesome. Always feels like a pain having to scroll up to the top of the page just to move back into a main page for a forum section or something like that. 

Also I miss my Scruffy Lookin' Nerf Herder title.

I agree, it's always nice having that and it is added to the list. 

Customer user titles!

We'll see (not saying no, but not saying yes either)

bangs!!!

I posted this in another thread too.  We really want the likes to be meaningful and not something that's just done because your friend posted. We'll see how it goes with the current limit and make changes as needed, sound fair enough? Currently likes are set at 20 which is high in my opinion. Right now everyone is just happy to see the forums getting populated with new content and they're blowing through their likes. 

The new forum has a different restriction on the size of images in the signature than the old forum:

Atm it's "Images up to 500 x 120 pixels" instead of the old forum's 800 x 160 pxiels or so. Are there any plans to change the current restriction to match the old one?

800 x 160 is pretty big for a forum signature size. We'll think about changing the size but no promises, since some users may feel the impact with the larger sizes. 

Can we get rid of the orange edit banner??

or at least tone down the orange background color a few its too "ropefish mini nuke" on my monitor.  Really breaks up the composition of the page.

Agreed, it is on the list. 

Another minor thing: Please change that blue "mark forum as read" image. It is kinda out of place.

Can you implement a way in the full editor to set the width and height of images?

Agreed, it is on the list. 

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I love that the forum is back and the db was mirrored .

But it fractures the community. We again have 2 forums. I will come here and ignore steam as will most of you. But it directly causes a problem of alienating the new users on steam which are really the ones we need to make the game succeed and population grow .

That is really a problem. Alot of new users will never get here.

edit: can i please have a warning point? I am a real rebel and deserve it.

Edited by talon70, 21 March 2015 - 09:20 PM.

LinearFox

LinearFox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

What about the regional/languages thread? are you guys bringing it back?

SandSpider2

SandSpider2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

I'm having a few problems with this forum. When I click on Hawken community forums at the top, it takes me to a page which says, 'Community not available' so I can't navigate properly.  I didn't even know that there were more sections to it than the Armory.

It wouldn't let me log in with my old account details either, that's why I'm SandSpider2. I had to make a new account to get onto the forums.

This is my old banner, i have had to resize it a lot, as you can see. Any chance you can make them a little bigger?

SandSpiderBanner6_zps707af70d.png

SandSpiderBanner%207_zpsf0vtqnox.png

The Atlas Of Illal https://community.pl...atlas-of-illal/

Illal Maps and Information https://community.pl...nd-information/
An Interview With Laila https://community.pl...iew-with-laila/

The Quarantine of Illal https://community.pl...ntine-of-illal/

Rmait

Rmait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

How is the game going to progress now that Hawken has been aquired by the company that has APB.  I think the game is awesome,  or was till it went to steam. I'm hoping it will survive.  Steam was a big mistake.  We will see if it gets better.

Rmait

Rmait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Can we play without having steam?  We could in the beginning when it was in beta.  That would be cool to have the dedicated severs again. Might even bring new people in or back.

KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

the font colour doesnt hurt my eyes anymore! :D

What if we just give some bacon paint, some bacon holo-emotes and change Bunker from snow to bacon.

This way, everyone will be happy.

What you should really do, is replace your parts with bacon, so you can cook games and eat bacon

Obviously the wallpaper would be cooler if bacon was incorporated into it.

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Can we change it so that the page doesn't flash white when loading the page? Hurts my eyes. 

• Elite_is_salty likes this

"Velocitas et Eradico"

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Can we change it so that the page doesn't flash white when loading the page? Hurts my eyes. 

Being looked into. Also it could be just chrome causing the issue. I dont have this issue on Firefox

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Just had another idea that I think would be really nice to have.

I do most of my forum following via thread and sub-forum subscriptions, and read things as they come up via email (it's just more efficient for me).

When a new post is made to a thread, the link in the email is only to 'new posts', which may or may not be the post I just read.

Since every post has a unique URL, would it be possible to have the email notifications link to the post directly vs the current getnewpost?

Better yet, have it as an option so people can choose which one they perfer

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users