85 replies to this topic

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts
give up dont know how to post videos...

Oh well I guess thats just firefox issue at home.. on chrome videos showing fine.

Edited by dorobo, 24 March 2015 - 02:13 AM.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I still disagree with the likes thing. There was a lot of quality content today, and having a like limit skews the bias towards posts made earlier in the day, simply because people are out of likes.

Anyway, I do have another thing to mention since I forgot this thread existed and made a separate thread today. Add a colon after "Location" in the little user profiles. I added a " :: " at the start of mine so that it reads Location :: West..., rather than Location West... Obviously low priority, but seems like an easy fix.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts
When I am on ky phone (sony Z1) I habe to sign in every day again. A remember me function would be nice!

PS: Using wlan and mobile Internet

EDIT: Oh and a vote function would be nice!

Edited by FakeName, 23 March 2015 - 10:40 PM.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Can a limit of videos par post be increased pls?

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts
Please make the default font color a little whiter. It's better for the eyes. look:

Capture.jpg

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

opicr0n

opicr0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Please make the default font color a little whiter. It's better for the eyes. look:

Capture.jpg

I disagree and think that the white actually kills my eyes more. Please note that we all have different brightness/contrast setups.

• ReEvolve, Elite_is_salty and LaurenEmily like this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

...and let slip the dogs of war...

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

Spoiler

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Well, just a lllliiiiiiiiitttlle whiter.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts
I think we need subcategories for suggestions. We had that in the old forums, and considering there's already 100+ topics in suggestions...
  • LaurenEmily likes this

JgQjgkx.png

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Capture.jpg

The higher contrast is actually harder on the eyes, especially after extended periods of time.
It's honestly no different than posting in a color like this. In fact, that green might actually be better than the white you used because I think it might have a lower value and is similar to the light grey currently used.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, 25 March 2015 - 09:21 PM.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I like that you could quote chain on the old forums (quotes that included quotes included all levels of quote in the new quote). I know it could get messy if people were lazy about it and didn't snip unnecessary stuff, but it was really helpful for context in a lot of situations. I also realize we have the multiquote button, but it just isn't the same.

JgQjgkx.png

talon70

talon70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

I like the view new content option :teehee:

Edited by talon70, 27 March 2015 - 04:48 PM.

SigmaOmega

SigmaOmega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

I am getting a white page when I use an iOS device to visit

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

I love that the forum is back and the db was mirrored .

But it fractures the community. We again have 2 forums. I will come here and ignore steam as will most of you. But it directly causes a problem of alienating the new users on steam which are really the ones we need to make the game succeed and population grow .

That is really a problem. Alot of new users will never get here.

edit: can i please have a warning point? I am a real rebel and deserve it.

We'll be making a post about the Steam forums shortly. 

What about the regional/languages thread? are you guys bringing it back?

There are already established regional/language forums, we'd rather reach out to them and support their existing communities then break them up. 

I'm having a few problems with this forum. When I click on Hawken community forums at the top, it takes me to a page which says, 'Community not available' so I can't navigate properly.  I didn't even know that there were more sections to it than the Armory.

It wouldn't let me log in with my old account details either, that's why I'm SandSpider2. I had to make a new account to get onto the forums.

This is my old banner, i have had to resize it a lot, as you can see. Any chance you can make them a little bigger?

SandSpiderBanner6_zps707af70d.png

Clicking on Hawken Community forums on the top is now fixed. 

You should be able to login with your other account now. 

Banner sizes are staying where they are at. 

Can we play without having steam?  We could in the beginning when it was in beta.  That would be cool to have the dedicated severs again. Might even bring new people in or back.

No sorry, that would require a lot of work on the backend and we'd rather spend our time fixing higher priority items.

Dedicated servers, do you mean private servers? We're working on that :)

Just had another idea that I think would be really nice to have.

I do most of my forum following via thread and sub-forum subscriptions, and read things as they come up via email (it's just more efficient for me).

When a new post is made to a thread, the link in the email is only to 'new posts', which may or may not be the post I just read.

Since every post has a unique URL, would it be possible to have the email notifications link to the post directly vs the current getnewpost?

Better yet, have it as an option so people can choose which one they perfer

Did you check to receive daily digests? I'm guilty of not trying it out, but I would think it would send a brief summary. 

Capture.jpg

Just a little teeny bit whiter, done!

I disagree and think that the white actually kills my eyes more. Please note that we all have different brightness/contrast setups.

It's just a teenie bit :)

Well, just a lllliiiiiiiiitttlle whiter.

Yes a liiiiiiiiiiiittttttleeeeeeeeee whiter is done. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

deidarall

deidarall

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

When I look at past posts I personally like to see everything I ever posted.

Idk why I am like that, but I quite simply am used to that from the total war forums. ~_~

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

OK a few problems with my Profile Overview page. It does not show all my friends. (maybe it's not suppose to but the link on the left that is suppose too does not show them all either. It does not show Ashfire908 for example and he is on my friends list. The part on the Profile page that shows latest visitors has shown the same 5 people despite the fact I've had over 30 visits by new people. :) Just thought I'd let you know. I assume others have already told you but thought it better to post just in case. Thanks!

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I am surprised to find my name was changed from WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (a string of 32 "W" characters in a row) to WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (a string of 18 "W" characters in a row) without my express action. This 56.25% reduction in username length never happened in the previous forum. What happened? I am very hurt that this had happened without my knowledge, as I have had my full username displayed since alpha versions of Hawken without incident.

Further, a thread of mine entitled "Public Invitation to My Aggrandizement" no longer appears to be accessible. I wanted to provide a log of HC rewards to those people who completed my requests but I can no longer access the records and verify whether anyone had earned HC rewards as credit to them. What happened to my thread?

Lastly, the unformatted post input box (in which I can modify BB code to my liking) does not perform any form of word-wrapping, making writing long posts in the unformatted mode extremely difficult as there are no visual line breaks for single paragraphs.

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 27 March 2015 - 08:33 PM.

• JeffMagnum likes this

Thank you for your time,

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Did you check to receive daily digests? I'm guilty of not trying it out, but I would think it would send a brief summary.

I have not, but a digest is actually worse for me. With the current notifications, get the entire post, which makes it much quicker and easier for me to keep up.

If it can be changed to link to the post that was made, awesome! If it can't, that's OK, it was just something that came to mind. :smile:

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Rmait

Rmait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I am glad to have a place to read up on what is happening with the game.  Doesn't really matter what color the forum is in or if my past posts are here,  just glad we have a place to talk to the new Devs and find out where we are all going.  I could swear my ticket said " to Hell in a Handbag ",  but I could be mistaken, LOL.

Anything you guys can do so we can play Hawken is great.  Thanks.

JeffMagnum

JeffMagnum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Can we get separate forums for bug reports and community technical assistance? There's obviously some overlap between the two, but there are some issues with the game itself (invisible walls, items dropping through the ground, missing textures, etc.) that other players can't possibly help with. 

• ReEvolve likes this

d1eZeG3.png

LadyTiggs

LadyTiggs

Super Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 545 posts

OK a few problems with my Profile Overview page. It does not show all my friends. (maybe it's not suppose to but the link on the left that is suppose too does not show them all either. It does not show Ashfire908 for example and he is on my friends list. The part on the Profile page that shows latest visitors has shown the same 5 people despite the fact I've had over 30 visits by new people. :) Just thought I'd let you know. I assume others have already told you but thought it better to post just in case. Thanks!

I'll look into that and see what it's not displaying properly. 

I am surprised to find my name was changed from WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (a string of 32 "W" characters in a row) to WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW (a string of 18 "W" characters in a row) without my express action. This 56.25% reduction in username length never happened in the previous forum. What happened? I am very hurt that this had happened without my knowledge, as I have had my full username displayed since alpha versions of Hawken without incident.

Further, a thread of mine entitled "Public Invitation to My Aggrandizement" no longer appears to be accessible. I wanted to provide a log of HC rewards to those people who completed my requests but I can no longer access the records and verify whether anyone had earned HC rewards as credit to them. What happened to my thread?

Lastly, the unformatted post input box (in which I can modify BB code to my liking) does not perform any form of word-wrapping, making writing long posts in the unformatted mode extremely difficult as there are no visual line breaks for single paragraphs.

When going through and verifying all settings, I noticed it didn't save my previous settings when setting up the forum, so I had to make the change.  The post was removed, and I am guessing with the forum name change it didn't alert you. I'll send info via private message. 

I have not, but a digest is actually worse for me. With the current notifications, get the entire post, which makes it much quicker and easier for me to keep up.

If it can be changed to link to the post that was made, awesome! If it can't, that's OK, it was just something that came to mind. :smile:

I'll do some checking to see if it can be changed. 

Can we get separate forums for bug reports and community technical assistance? There's obviously some overlap between the two, but there are some issues with the game itself (invisible walls, items dropping through the ground, missing textures, etc.) that other players can't possibly help with. 

We're implementing a way for bug reports to be submitted in the near future. 

~~Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and go well with ketchup!!~~

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Fuzzy bunny is not censored, but s.crub is? This makes no sense to me.

#increasethelikes

EDIT: I see that the word that wasn't censored (and should have been) now is.

Edited by crockrocket, 05 April 2015 - 07:28 PM.

JgQjgkx.png

Throttled_Up

Throttled_Up

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

This seems to be the most appropriate place I can find to report bugs.

Glitch #1:
In the Prosk map, the trench coming up to the quadplex (the four-footed building underneath the highway), there is a problem. If a player is coming up and out of the trench, he may get stuck on the left-hand wall and not be able to move at all.

Glitch #2:

Also in the Prosk map, there is a building directly inside of the curving on-ramp in Southern City that, if you approach it from the south-east side and boost into L-shape on the second floor, you can warp through the building.

Glitch #3:

In Front Line, there is an invisible wall that prevents passage while scraping a wall, and it is wider than expected. Again, starting at the quadplex in the courtyard, go through the small tunnel and turn right. At the next intersection opening to the left, turn around and backtrack while scraping along right-hand building. Sooner or later, you should encounter the false wall and die by enemy fire.

Glitch #4:

In Uptown, the starting gate in the canal, nearest Central Corridor is too low or needs a ceiling. If a player boosts along the slanted wall, he can easily escape over the starting gate and jump over/on top of the enemy's starting gate to get shots on the other team before the game starts.

-Tj-

-Tj-

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Throttled_Up, there's a bug reports section that your post would work best in.

Regarding the forum:

I've noticed that viewing the forum on my phone in what seems like any capacity at all logs me out of the desktop browser forum. It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying. FakeName seems to be encountering a similar bug.

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

They have been crafted well. It is unfortunate that I will no longer use them.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 09:41 PM.

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Hijinks_The_Turtle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Still need moar lieks,

• crockrocket likes this

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Thank you very much Tiggs for helping me clear up my concerns!

Edited by WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, 30 March 2015 - 12:28 PM.

• KilleR_OrigiNs likes this

Thank you for your time,

shosca

shosca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Bump because WWWWWW... breaks the forums

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

Can you please remove the box-shadow around the avatars?

It makes avatars with a transparent background look weird.

• WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
I found a bug. I'd you login to playhawken.com using a phone,the little pop up login window that shows up on the left, doesn't hide the password characters

bink

bink

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

can i have my dev killer title back :)?

this is an important part of our history. hard won award.

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

IMO each page is far too long. ~15 posts per page is a more appropriate number, I think. I'd rather click than scroll.

Also, SoundCloud embedding should be available, if possible.  :thumbsup:

Edited by BluetoothBoy, 03 April 2015 - 12:00 PM.

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

xdwj0z.jpg

Notice how long titles are abridged so they don't take up the whole screen? The same needs to happen to W32's name.

• Lioot and KilleR_OrigiNs like this

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Just a minor HTML/CSS issue I've noticed: in the URL linking box, the bottom half of the text is cut off. The same happens for the image URL box (and I'd imagine for other dialog boxes as well).

BrokenURL.png

Changing height value of ".cke_skin_ips input.cke_dialog_ui_input_text, .cke_skin_ips input.cke_dialog_ui_input_password" (line 148) in the CSS file to from 14px to 17px or 18px fixes this issue (figured you guys have enough on your plates without hunting down small CSS and HTML fixes).

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

I've noticed that, with the tides of fan mail I get (I know, I know, I didn't realize I was that cool either (please love me :c)) that the messages are often only discernible by the user's image. This can be an issue when you send out more mail than you receive (I KNOW I LIED I'M SORRY).

Rmait

Rmait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Is he really sorry?

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

701d6e65cf.png

The basic mode editor is somewhat bugged. The horizontal scrollbar is too large.

Thank you for your time,

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

32_W`s name seems to break the setup of the side a little.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

IMO each page is far too long. ~15 posts per page is a more appropriate number, I think. I'd rather click than scroll.

Also, SoundCloud embedding should be available, if possible.  :thumbsup:

Either Or.   Don't mind scrolling, now they have those nice "Back to top" buttons on the bottom left of each post. That helps me navigate fine.

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

I'm the opposite. I like having more posts on a single page.

Anyway, looks like the title of the members link needs to be changed:

Cy0G4r3.png

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

I kinda wish I could help fix the site issues since the devs are otherwise occupied. :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users