- - - - - party create party friends add friend local multiplayer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

gorguman

gorguman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

What's the deal with creating a party in game??..  why does it always say servers are down?..  there's literally no point (personally) to playing this if i can't join games with my friends, and/or make parties to play together. 

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
We know it ia broken and there is no eta for a fix.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
You will also find that creating parties tends to lead to poor, unbalanced games. You're better off without it at this point.
  • -Tj- and DieselCat like this

wmmoney.png

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Well, it used to work. What stopped working, that was working, that makes it not work anymore? Make that thing work again. It was working before you bought the game. Do you need to plug something back in?

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
We redeployed and revamped a rather large part of the backend services. It's related to how the xmpp servers talk to our backend. Would rather fix it by revamping that horrible implementation of xmpp compared to going through tens of thousands lines of code since 2014. I have been researching it regardless, in my spare time, but it is not as easy as just 'plugging in that thing we bought years ago'.
  • -Tj-, DieselCat and TangledMantis like this

DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

There are enough MM issues that you guys are trying to sort out now because of low player pop...creating parties just added more problems when trying to balance out matches...I say leave it broken for now and maybe revisit getting it working at a later date when it may not create a problem like it does atm. 

edit : btw...so much for your day off. 

Edited by DieselCat, 08 January 2017 - 02:21 PM.

• -Tj- and talon70 like this

Just Relax....and take life one game at a time....

Don't run to your death....walk

th_Duckman.jpg   th_82c0a97c-98de-4aac-be47-05e5e099be80.

*+

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts
Drink
  • Zebanchi likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

gorguman

gorguman

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

ok well...  I can't speak for others,   but the (what i thought was at least) essential aspect of any type of Online multiplayer focused game is the ability to play with your friends.   If i can't do that most rudimentary function, it really does impair any incentive to invest more time and money into the game.   I've heard people complain about balance issues and such..  But shelving a WORKING aspect of the game from a previous time, isn't really sound business practice.    People have paid for dlc and such in your game while this feature worked..   proooooobably expecting that it would continue to work so they could enjoy whenver time permitted..     This response you give is very dismissive..   as if this complaint is a silly triviality.    I'm sure if someone playing Super mario bros. discovered that one day he couldn't play mario with his/her sibling on the couch, it would be extremely frustrating..   This is the same thing.     The team should be working to get this fixed a.s.a.p.    not   "we know our game is broken, and no eta for a fix"   ..  i mean does that mean a fix is in the works at least??????

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

lol at this point their isn't much left they can break they broke the somewhat working joining a server into a error glore with their match making tinkering.

Edited by William_Adama, 10 January 2017 - 02:55 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: party, create party, friends, add friend, local multiplayer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users