Ingame Party connected to PS4 Party

- - - - - Party Lobby

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

(PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

(PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

• PlayStation Members
  • 2 posts

Im wondering if there is any plan to change the way the in-game Party and Lobby system works on PS4?

It is incredibly frustrating to team up with friends due to the way the in-game Party is connected to the PS4 Party and the restrictions imposed because of this.

I cannot start a game unless I am the PS4 party leader. The PS4 party and the in-game party should be separate. Due to the way you have set this system we have these problems:

a. If my friend is my PS4 party leader but is playing a different game, like Waframe for instance, then no-one else can start a game. The leader needs to then leave the PS4 party to make someone else leader (hopefully someone playing Hawken) or needs to disband the party entirely and make a new one before anyone can even select play to join a lobby.

This is frustrating because Hawken auto parties you in-game if you are in a PS4 party, regardless of what game my friend is playing. The irony is that Hawken will not auto-join the in-game lobby when you and friends want to play, you have to wait until the PS4 party leader selects a gametype and then join at just the right time.

b. If my friend is PS4 party leader I cannot play in a different Hawken server from him without leaving the PS4 party entirely. So we cannot play a different game mode in Hawken while talking to each other.

Im really annoyed by this. You force me to join a party and impose strange restrictions that are connected to my PS4 party where I simply want to talk to friends regardless of what we, as individuals, choose to do, then you dont even make it quick or easy to join up when I DO want to play Hawken with friends.

I sincerely hope you plan to rectify this as I cannot see myself putting up with it for very long.

Please take a look at Warframes lobby system. Im not comparing games, I love Hawkens gameplay but comparing the ease at which I can join friends in Warframe to Hawkens horrible, frustrating and confusing mess that is the "Party" and "lobby", I really feel that this game will suffer specifically due to this  counter-intuitive system.

I have put this is Technical Assistance as I dont see this as a suggestion but as a cry out to fix an incredibly broken party system. I hope you understand and agree.

Thanks for your time.

(PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

(PS4)AnaLoGMunKy

• PlayStation Members
  • 2 posts

I would say bump, but there is only one page :wallbash:

(PS4)madmax_2069

(PS4)madmax_2069

• PlayStation Members
  • 6 posts
Indeed, often I play solo and I am in a party with friends playing other games that I talk to.

Found out the hard way that hawkin doesn't allow you to be in a party and play the game because for whatever reason they linked the in game party with the PSN party and blocks you from playing.

Needs to be changed.
  • (PS4)AnaLoGMunKy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Party, Lobby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users