- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

hope74

hope74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

EDIT1: The title is a little bit misleading. :whistling: The "black screen" means that the Hawken launcher crashes after starting.

Two days before I have played Hawken without any problems. Today I wanted to start it, but after starting the launcher the loading screen runs black and the mouse went to a loading symbol (circle). Nothing happens after this and I can only close the window with the task manager. Just after starting the task manager I get the following error message:

Failed to create the D3D9 Device! This can happen if the desktop is locked. Exiting...

Can anyone help me?

EDIT2: I did the mentioned points in the thread https://community.pl...1-common-fixes/ and the last point (Windows update of the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5.2 für Windows 7 x64-basierte Systeme (KB2901983)) helps!

Therefore: FIXED & CLOSED!

Edited by hope74, 01 April 2015 - 11:48 AM.

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Try setting your resolution manually as explained over here and run the game in windowed mode (use the "-windowed" launch parameter). If that works you can try running the game in borderless window mode or in fullscreen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users