- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

I've settled on the Point-D Vulcan Vanguard as an alternate Mech when I'm not doing well in my EOC Infiltrator. It's another Mech and weapon combo I find fun to play.

But I'm potato with tracking targets with the Point-D Vulcan, especially zippy-dodgy a-classes. Is the co-op AI a decent enough tool for practicing my weapon tracking? I like playing it on live servers but I really would like to address my potato aim-tracking skills so I'm not as bad vs A-class mech players in particular on the live servers.

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

Just focus on landing that grenade first. Smaller targets most of em at least will act very predictably after eating a grenade so push ahead in advance. Vulcan is not for sniping or even midrange. Try lowering your mouse sensitivity if you tend to do higher one. It might help. Just lower it in small increments and try it out each to find that sweet spot. AI coop might make your aim more steady but they're just zombies compared to good human players.

• DeeRax likes this

devotion

devotion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

you should try vulcan gren or vulcan assault; they tend to edge the vanguard out a bit.

• dorobo and DeeRax like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

you should try vulcan gren or vulcan assault; they tend to edge the vanguard out a bit.

Strictly speaking this is true - Vanguard's only advantage is point blank with the mini-flak.

And bots aren't great, especially since they are set you "your" skill level. You can trigger dodges from them though, by engaging one on one and firing your secondary. I guess that would give you lots of practice tracking dodges.
  • ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

get someone to play a deathmatch with you alone.  get them to move around a bunch and not fire back.  work on aim until they are low and let them heal.

With current servers learn how much of a lead you need on mechs.

• coldform, Amidatelion, JackVandal and 4 others like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Just focus on landing that grenade first. Smaller targets most of em at least will act very predictably after eating a grenade so push ahead in advance. Vulcan is not for sniping or even midrange. Try lowering your mouse sensitivity if you tend to do higher one. It might help. Just lower it in small increments and try it out each to find that sweet spot. AI coop might make your aim more steady but they're just zombies compared to good human players.

This is what has made it fun. I come around a corner and hug someone with the Vulcan and Grenade launcher. There are times when I'm ok with the mini-flak, most of the time just catch people with the edge of the flak-spread.  I'll give this stuff a try.

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Is the co-op AI a decent enough tool for practicing my weapon tracking?

Theres some words you can type in chat to trigger the bots to increase their MMR up to a point.  I've forgotten most of them, but when they respond to something you've written in chat, its worked, just keep repeating whatever you typed a few times.

Its stuff like "stupid bots" or "bots suck", and all kinds of other phrases.  Maybe some old timer remembers what they were.

• EM1O likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

This is what has made it fun. I come around a corner and hug someone with the Vulcan and Grenade launcher. There are times when I'm ok with the mini-flak, most of the time just catch people with the edge of the flak-spread.  I'll give this stuff a try.

spamming miniflak with press and hold works but sometimes it's much better to aim click aim click trying to maximize dmg even if less shots overall are made.

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

spamming miniflak with press and hold works but sometimes it's much better to aim click aim click trying to maximize dmg even if less shots overall are made.

I start off doing that then get overwhelmed when I can't keep the crosshairs on the zippy dodgy things. I'm not sure if it's just a lack of experience or a hand-eye coordination wall that I can't seem to get past.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Theres some words you can type in chat to trigger the bots to increase their MMR up to a point.  I've forgotten most of them, but when they respond to something you've written in chat, its worked, just keep repeating whatever you typed a few times.

Its stuff like "stupid bots" or "bots suck", and all kinds of other phrases.  Maybe some old timer remembers what they were.

these must be entered after the next match commences

stupid bots

dumb bots

try harder bots

not sure about this one, but does give them a chat orgasm:  who's your daddy

Edited by EM1O, 05 February 2017 - 02:44 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Both "dumb bots" and "stupid bots" garnered a response. Could not not quite tell if they got more difficult afterwards, more testing needed.

EDIT: will try EM10's suggestion next

EDIT2: I do believe dumb bots and stupid bots ups the mmr. Try harder bots does nothing. Whos your daddy lists the old devs

Edited by crockrocket, 06 February 2017 - 05:04 AM.

• 6ixxer likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Gona try the dumb/stupid bots ones...

Winning 40-10 in 5min with one human isn't how it should be.

Its barely a warmup.

Vekta408

Vekta408

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Welp I'm going to have to give it up for a while. It's hard to learn anything when every switch of the map my ping goes from 40 to 110 to 55 to 130.  One match it'll be fine and I have no issues the next map I'm at 120+ ping and everyone else is at 35-40 ping. Hit reg goes to trash, either I rubber band or they rubber band :wallbash:  

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

EDIT2: I do believe dumb bots and stupid bots ups the mmr.

It does, you won't notice much if you just do it once or twice, it does eventually cap out at round 2300 or so.

Theres some other keywords they trigger off of too, I bet Keji or one of the others remembers what they were.

• crockrocket likes this

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

It does, you won't notice much if you just do it once or twice, it does eventually cap out at round 2300 or so.

Theres some other keywords they trigger off of too, I bet Keji or one of the others remembers what they were.

Neat! I like this. If anyone happens to know the other phrases I'd be interested

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Turn down your mouse sensitivity to reduce Vulcan spray. Stock game mouse setting will have you spraying that thing like you were a ghost buster firing a proton pack for the first time.

wmmoney.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users