[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Used overwolf because I couldn't be arsed to get OBS working on a system that isn't really fit to record....

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

You may find this interesting:

• crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer, Silverfire and 10 others like this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I like the Origin set. 

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

You may find this interesting:

Well I just got fuzzing schooled. Real talk though how is this vid not more accessible? I've been around a couple years now and I've never seen this. And maybe half of those were new to me which is a fuzzton

Edited by crockrocket, 06 February 2017 - 05:23 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
Not really new, but good on you for finding.

Works well for taking out mediocre sharpies and good ones who don't check their radar, both of which makes up like 95% of the Ss population.

Works even better as infil or vytro
  • ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Redundant given other shortcuts in the video posted by merple but this was not included. Also can be done much quicker than shown (original credit to cond0m's stream like 2 years ago). 

Edited by crockrocket, 06 February 2017 - 05:37 AM.

JgQjgkx.png

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Hello, world!

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, Meraple and 3 others like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Hello, world!

You know I still lose sleep at night knowing there's a way out of test arena that only requires one person....

• DerMax likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

There's a cool one on origin I found a while back which I didn't see on Meraple's video, I'll record it later.

If there's any other cool shortcuts people have found, this might be a nice thread for collecting them.

EDIT: Here we go

The first one is a pretty quick but far less dangerous way of getting to S2 as opposed to taking the main jump pad. I haven't used it much myself when there's actual fights at S2 though, so I can't vouch for how useful it would be against other mechs (especially if they see/hear you doing it)

Number 2 is a very useful flank, especially on siege. It even works on the opposite side (Number 3), because origin is a weird, weird map. You can also stand on those platforms and shoot at people if you want.

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 06 February 2017 - 07:58 AM.

• crockrocket, Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous and 2 others like this

Spoiler

Merl61

Merl61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 930 posts
I want to hate on this because they're very rarely relevant but knowing these routes can only improve your game. I should study this.

jWZL3Hm.jpg

Thanks to Badtings for this awesome banner!

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

-snip-

Often useful because people heal back there, and you can go pop them in relative safety

JgQjgkx.png

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I want to hate on this because they're very rarely relevant but knowing these routes can only improve your game. I should study this.

Crock's is actually one of the most relevant because for almost the entire run you can see or are protected from everyone who can hit you. The run from bottom Origin to red tunnels is also pretty good, as is that jump onto the Frontline arch.

The only one that never occurred to me that I'm adding to my repertoire effective immediately is the Facility approach that dodges under the bridge. So many until shenanigans are happening next TPG with that.
  • crockrocket and ThereIsOnlyOne like this

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

I liked Infil before. I think i am about to like it even more...

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Crock's is actually one of the most relevant because for almost the entire run you can see or are protected from everyone who can hit you. The run from bottom Origin to red tunnels is also pretty good, as is that jump onto the Frontline arch.

The only one that never occurred to me that I'm adding to my repertoire effective immediately is the Facility approach that dodges under the bridge. So many until shenanigans are happening next TPG with that.

The ones that can be done in a brawler are also good. They would rarely be relevant but you can do them in a fuzzing c class. Potentially good to get people poking aa to fuzz off. Only useful for siege really

JgQjgkx.png

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

So what's the "public" opinion on these map shortcuts? Are you cheating or exploiting when using one?

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

So what's the "public" opinion on these map shortcuts? Are you cheating or exploiting when using one?

I'm... not really sure how you get to that idea? Aside from some of the wall sticks, they are all places you're supposed to be able to reach and a few are clearly designed to be used in the manner that they are. And 100% of the wall sticks expose you for extended periods of time.

• crockrocket and ThereIsOnlyOne like this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Lolwat

I mean not all of the playerbase knows to L-dodge or break turn cap, is that an exploit too?

Edited by crockrocket, 07 February 2017 - 06:51 PM.

JgQjgkx.png

Siamenis

Siamenis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Lolwat

I mean not all of the playerbase knows to L-dodge or break turn cap, is that an exploit too?

L-dodge is not, since you are not breaking the movement rules of the game. Map climbing on the other hand I'm not so sure. It involves use of wall sticks which are the result of careless map design and they are not apparent to use. So you do gain an unfair advantage - travelling the map much more quickly rather than taking designed pathways. Sure, you put effort in finding these shortcuts, but are you by that fact entitled to use it and consider yourself a fair player in that situation? You are overcoming an obstacle by design with use of hidden spots that are known only to those that stumble upon these forums.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Not all of them use wall sticks.  Many are actually intentional - the older maps (Origin, Prosk especially) have the majority of these.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

L-dodge is not, since you are not breaking the movement rules of the game. Map climbing on the other hand I'm not so sure. It involves use of wall sticks which are the result of careless map design and they are not apparent to use. So you do gain an unfair advantage - travelling the map much more quickly rather than taking designed pathways. Sure, you put effort in finding these shortcuts, but are you by that fact entitled to use it and consider yourself a fair player in that situation? You are overcoming an obstacle by design with use of hidden spots that are known only to those that stumble upon these forums.

Ok, so, instead: using air-180 to stay in the air forever: is this an exploit? Yes.

Are you gaining an unfair advantage by doing it? No, because you're motionless in the air while doing it. 

Using wall-sticks to create map shortcuts? Is this an exploit? Sure. Are you gaining an unfair advantage while doing it? No, because in every one of those cases you're stupidly exposed and briefly immobilized. 

The rest of them are discoverable on your own by map exploration and a little curiosity, which is arguably the most broadly accessible advantage you can get because it doesn't even require playing with people

If the next thing anyone brings up is map exploiting into the skybox during games, I am going to strongly urge you to check your sense of context and critical thinking, because if you think the two are comparable, I have a chunk of gold to sell you.

Spoiler

• Rainbow_Sheep and ThereIsOnlyOne like this

Flifang

Flifang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

pretty sure a lot of these are intended to be used save the ones where you have to stick to climb farther. Still, most of these are clearly platforms left by the developers to be used as such. If one mech can get to an area and another can't; especially in cases where it doesn't make the one that got up there nearly invincible, that's completely fair. All of these are literally just as they say: shortcuts.

• crockrocket likes this

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Why this hawken looks like retro 1980's edition :)

Noob plays games to prove being noob...

https://www.youtube....INP_sgTy49C8sLg

:ninja:  :wallbash:  :ninja:  :wallbash:

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Why this hawken looks like retro 1980's edition :)

You can tweak the ini to increase performance, nepacaka has some cool stuff on it. https://community.pl...e-optimization/

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users