• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Hey guys i have noticed an interesting thing while testing some commands that while i have activated STAT FPS i can see my fps consistently hover around 120 then when i hit the chat key it drops slightly then for each letter i type it drops a few more so if i swip swap the chat text (pressing up/down keys)between a small message and a large one the framerate also jumps up(small msg)and falls (large msg) a 6-10 word sentence in the buffer can drop my framerate around 30 fps, not sure what kind of question i wanna ask now but i thought its neat

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts
90% sure that's a UE3 thing; vaguely recall something like that at Unreal 3's release
  • ThereIsOnlyOne likes this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

I have LONG suspected Friendslist and chat abuse.

• ReversusRex likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

It's the rendering of that console. It isn't optimized at all.

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Hey guys i have noticed an interesting thing while testing some commands that while i have activated STAT FPS i can see my fps consistently hover around 120 then when i hit the chat key it drops slightly then for each letter i type it drops a few more so if i swip swap the chat text (pressing up/down keys)between a small message and a large one the framerate also jumps up(small msg)and falls (large msg) a 6-10 word sentence in the buffer can drop my framerate around 30 fps, not sure what kind of question i wanna ask now but i thought its neat

Is pressing f5 to bring up the console any better/worse? Of course that blocks the whole screen anyway... What about if you just bring up that one line at the bottom?
  • MechFighter5e3bf9 likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
same effect, iys fps drop is proportional and ptedictable to character count in the prompt like every letter subtracts 1 fps so i can 30 char = 30 fps drop and predict so on with mini chat or f5 standing facing floor or facing elsewhere doesnt matter the drop was so neatly predictable ill post a vid when i can
:edit sry didnt quote keep forgetting

Edited by MechFighter5e3bf9, 13 February 2017 - 02:32 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users