• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

so i got a friend of mine selling pretty decent gaming rig for a pretty good price,

he knows i am heavy into games and all and asked me to look around and put it out there....

http://www.trademe.c...6886413&ed=true

PERSONALLY i would welcome feedback and thoughts on the price

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

these 2 parts are slightly weak in my opinion.

Intel i5 6600 3.3/3.9Ghz Quad Core 

Intel H110 Chipset SATA3 DDR4 Motherboard 

If you planning to keep this PC for long run, there is not even chance of overclocking as CPU is not K series. so for me price Cut would be nice choice for this PC..

Noob plays games to prove being noob...

https://www.youtube....INP_sgTy49C8sLg

:ninja:  :wallbash:  :ninja:  :wallbash:

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

these 2 parts are slightly weak in my opinion.

Intel i5 6600 3.3/3.9Ghz Quad Core 

Intel H110 Chipset SATA3 DDR4 Motherboard 

If you planning to keep this PC for long run, there is not even chance of overclocking as CPU is not K series. so for me price Cut would be nice choice for this PC..

Overclocking old chips is not a viable upgrade strategy. Besides which, the 400W power supply is the real weak point here.

And that's NZD, not USD, so closer to $1000. Which, including the monitor and acessories, isn't bad.

• Miscellaneous and DemitronPrime like this

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Overclocking old chips is not a viable upgrade strategy. Besides which, the 400W power supply is the real weak point here.

And that's NZD, not USD, so closer to $1000. Which, including the monitor and acessories, isn't wasnt

on page its doller so i thought its quite much.. 6600 is low range processor so PSU also ok i guess , GTX 1060 also draw less power

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

on page its doller so i thought its quite much.. 6600 is low range processor so PSU also ok i guess , GTX 1060 also draw less power

The i5-6600 is not a particularly low range processor, it has plenty of both single core performance and core count to run pretty much anything you'll throw at it (game wise) on the CPU side of things.

Spoiler

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

The i5-6600 is not a particularly low range processor, it has plenty of both single core performance and core count to run pretty much anything you'll throw at it (game wise) on the CPU side of things.

except hawken -snicker-

And that's NZD, not USD, so closer to $1000. Which, including the monitor and acessories, isn't bad.

this is true, NZD :P

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

except hawken -snicker-

I have a 6600k in my rig (which when at stock speeds has the same specs as the 6600) and I had no problems in HAWKEN at stock or overclocked speeds

Spoiler

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

I have a 6600k in my rig (which when at stock speeds has the same specs as the 6600) and I had no problems in HAWKEN at stock or overclocked speeds

i7 2600 @3.4gz, 16 g ram and a 4 g card... it plays ok for me generally...

but yeah was more a dig at optimization and fps drops on things like random parts of the map or getting a kill sometimes...

im contemplating buying the above rig just for the extra ram, second monitor, head phones and 1060.... but then i have to justify it,

Edited by DemitronPrime, 08 March 2017 - 04:23 PM.

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

there you go sir.. 

1. Diffence between intel_core_i5_6600k-521-vs-intel_core_i5_6600-523

http://www.technikaf...ore_i5_6600-523

2. what results possible with K series...

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

there you go sir..

I'm confused, what are you trying to say?

Spoiler

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

except hawken -snicker-

I mean.... I can run Hawken on an Intel i5-2430 and HD 3000 for graphics. Not that I should

• DemitronPrime likes this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Murder_by_Spoon

Murder_by_Spoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Been trying to load that link for 5 minutes now.
Anways I might suck at Hawken, but I have a basic knowledge of computers in the context of gaming, since I have an interest in gaming (obv.).

Here's a "build", without going into too much detai like specific part names etc:

CPU: Ryzen 3 (these aren't going to be out for a few months, but when they come out they should be comparable to many Intel i5s for about $150 according to some leaks. Also, should come with the new Wraith cooler.

Motherboard: AM4 mobos can already be picked up for about $100 if you're willing to sacrifice some things, such as SLI/CF support (i'm a 1 card kinda guy anyways), lets USB and M.2 ports etc. Who cares. Just make sure it suports overclocking.

Ram: You can get 8 GB for about $75.

GPU: RX 480 8GB GTR Black Edition. There are two versions of this card, and the one you want is the one with the part number "XFX RX-480P8DBA6" but i'd have to double check to make sure it is not the other one. This card features custom bios, improved power delivery, and an efficient (but noisy) air cooling design. People are overclocking these to 1450 inside a case, and past 1500 in an open air test bench. Solid 480. Cost is about $260.

Case can be picked up for $50 bucks, PSU can be found for aboud the same price in the 400-500 watt range (more than enough), and as storage, a cheap $40 1 TB hard drive can be purchased, or a $100 500 GB SSD if you hate hdd's.

Windows can be purchased through kinguin for around $30, but i'm not responsible for any problems you might run into.

1440p 24" monitors can be found for around $270.

Final price is about $1,025 give or take, not factoring possible rebates which would bring it down a bit, and you get up-to-date hardware. Well, actually by the time the AMD R3 chips come out the Radeon 500 series will be out but those are going to be rebrands of the 400 series, and i don't think Vega will be in the scope of this price range. 

EDIT: I changed the price of the R3 from 250 (which was wrong) to 150, and the total price accordingly. Also, This is all based on USD.

Edited by Murder_by_Spoon, 09 March 2017 - 05:10 PM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Been trying to load that link for 5 minutes now.
Anways I might suck at Hawken, but I have a basic knowledge of computers in the context of gaming, since I have an interest in gaming (obv.).

Here's a "build", without going into too much detai like specific part names etc:

CPU: Ryzen 3 (these are-

NOPE.JPEG

/dons tin foil

I think here's where AMD fuzzed up bad. They didn't hit the market with a full hand. The Ryzen 7 is nice and all but here's the thing - Intel hasn't delivered anything seriously earth-shattering in years and they have had literally 4x the market share and almost 4x the net of AMD for the past decade. There's a school of thought that Intel isn't releasing truly next-gen tech that they have their hands on because they don't want to get slapped with an anti-trust case by bullying all competitors out of the market. They won't release their real next-gen stuff until they need to - and AMD's Ryzen tech base is the first credible need in a long, long time. 

AMD had a chance to get a foot in the door with a robust Ryzen release, but by the time Ryzen 3 is out, I think we'll see Intel absolutely skull-fuzz them with a surprise release, or at least a market-wide price-drop. Intel pulled almost $12 billion to AMD's $2.8 last year. This is not a fair fight and AMD, historically and currently, does not make smart choices.

• Rainbow_Sheep and DemitronPrime like this

Murder_by_Spoon

Murder_by_Spoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

NOPE.JPEG

/dons tin foil

I think here's where AMD fuzzed up bad. They didn't hit the market with a full hand. The Ryzen 7 is nice and all but here's the thing - Intel hasn't delivered anything seriously earth-shattering in years and they have had literally 4x the market share and almost 4x the net of AMD for the past decade. There's a school of thought that Intel isn't releasing truly next-gen tech that they have their hands on because they don't want to get slapped with an anti-trust case by bullying all competitors out of the market. They won't release their real next-gen stuff until they need to - and AMD's Ryzen tech base is the first credible need in a long, long time. 

AMD had a chance to get a foot in the door with a robust Ryzen release, but by the time Ryzen 3 is out, I think we'll see Intel absolutely skull-fuzz them with a surprise release, or at least a market-wide price-drop. Intel pulled almost $12 billion to AMD's $2.8 last year. This is not a fair fight and AMD, historically and currently, does not make smart choices.

I agree, I think they should have released the entire lineup all at once, so as to chew back lost ground. It's possible that by the time they finish releasing Ryzen, Intel's gonna be like "oh by the way here's coffee lake" (or cannon lake).

But as of right now that's speculation, so right now I'm set on an R3 or R5 until we hear more from Intel.

Edited by Murder_by_Spoon, 09 March 2017 - 09:34 PM.

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
How about we NOT talk about computers other than the one on offer, or this thread will just turn to fuzz.

but if you insist on comparing things:
1400 AUD (1523NZD) currently buys an assembled machine with following:
Intel Kabylake i5 7500 (3.4-3.8)
GTX 1060 3GB (only 3GB, not 6)
250GB M.2 NVMe SSD,
8GB DDR4,
AC wifi + BT - Gigabit LAN, USB 3.1
Windows 10,
Assembled tested, 2 years RTB warranty
No Monitor, or peripherals or games.

Looks about 1685NZD for a PC that's only barely better (inc i5-6600K and the gtx1060/6G) still not including monitor, etc
I think what he's offering for 1450NZD is pretty fair for a running system. Yes you can scrimp by getting each individual part at minimum cost and assemble it yourself, but the difference would barely be worth it.

Edited by 6ixxer, 10 March 2017 - 12:20 AM.

Murder_by_Spoon

Murder_by_Spoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Do you like Suzukis? :P
Sorry back on topic:

Yeah, but that processor bottlenecks the 1060, look at this video:

Cores are almost maxed out, staying at 100% most of the time, yet graphics card is only at two thirds.

Edited by Murder_by_Spoon, 10 March 2017 - 05:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users