- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Murder_by_Spoon

Murder_by_Spoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Hey, really quick question, will delete topic after is it resolved.

Can someone give me a link to the Discord server? I just got Discord so idk if I'm doing it wrong, but it looks like someone needs to send me an invite to get into the Discord thingy for Hawken.

Thanks!

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

This should work

https://discordapp.c...568065594294272

I also have a question, how do you delete a topic :o

• WillyW, DemitronPrime and Youtube_ExGodV like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Murder_by_Spoon

Murder_by_Spoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Good question o:

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

This should work

let me know to , i have been blamed for spamming forum and make it alive  :pirate:  :wallbash:  :wallbash:

Noob plays games to prove being noob...

https://www.youtube....INP_sgTy49C8sLg

:ninja:  :wallbash:  :ninja:  :wallbash:

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

This should work

You can't, it would be an escape goat feature for trollers to make lame threads and then delete them as soon as they start getting roasted.

Hey, really quick question, will delete topic after is it resolved.

Next time you can search the forums and you'll find the thread announcing the creation of the Discord. Alternatively, visit #hawkenscrim.

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Shoutout to mah real Africans out there.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Lemme check something.

TLnaW13.png

:|

• Miscellaneous, Merl61, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Lemme check something.

Internet searching is a rare skill these days. More rare than you can think.

• Miscellaneous, LaurenEmily, 6ixxer and 1 other like this

The PC community is the red headed step child Reloaded never wanted but got saddled with when they married the PC community's mother.

WillyW

WillyW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

... escape goat ...

LOL! A+ for effort.

• DemitronPrime likes this

2XhpJes.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Lemme check something.

Recursion.

ddQYVyY.jpg

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Recursion.

ddQYVyY.jpg

wait who uses bing these days

isn't that more of a problem

• Miscellaneous, hellc9943, CrimsonKaim and 3 others like this

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Different algorithms, its harder to search subjects that are similar to things that are trending without busting out search operators in Google and better media searching (that isn't reverse image search).

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Uh, everyone that uses Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 and doesn't know how (or care to) to change the default search engine to something else.

• Elite_is_salty likes this

[DELETED]

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Uh, everyone that uses Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 and doesn't know how (or care to) to change the default search engine to something else.

zN01VIU.png

also, for ease of use, just use this url : http://hwkn.ch

Edited by coldform, 13 March 2017 - 10:14 PM.

• SS396 likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

zN01VIU.png

also, for ease of use, just use this url : http://hwkn.ch

First off, that is not the default search engine settings, but go ahead and try again, I'll wait.

Let me ask you a few more questions in the meantime too, what OS do I use?  Which browser do I use?  What is my default search engine currently set to?  Are you 100% sure?  If you can determine the correct answers to all of those questions from the picture I posted then you need to get a job at Miss Cleos Psychic Hotline ASAP.

So I'd appreciate it if you, Silverfire and anyone else would quit assuming that I use Bing as my default search engine and need help changing it because I posted an image I found humorous when Bings results looped back to the very same thread.  I could of edited the Google results Amid posted to do the same exact thing but I didn't have to since Bing gave me the results I was looking for.  I can see the effort I put forth was completely wasted.

SMH....   :wallbash:

[DELETED]

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

First off, that is not the default search engine settings, but go ahead and try again, I'll wait.

Let me ask you a few more questions in the meantime too, what OS do I use?  Which browser do I use?  What is my default search engine currently set to?  Are you 100% sure?  If you can determine the correct answers to all of those questions from the picture I posted then you need to get a job at Miss Cleos Psychic Hotline ASAP.

So I'd appreciate it if you, Silverfire and anyone else would quit assuming that I use Bing as my default search engine and need help changing it because I posted an image I found humorous when Bings results looped back to the very same thread.  I could of edited the Google results Amid posted to do the same exact thing but I didn't have to since Bing gave me the results I was looking for.  I can see the effort I put forth was completely wasted.

SMH....   :wallbash:

I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume that I assumed you used Bing as your default search engine. Given your demonstrated general knowledge with helping other people with various computer issues on the forums and your general technical know-how, I thought it obvious that you are more than capable of something as mundane as changing your search engine.

I found your post mildly amusing and made what I believed to be a humorous post in response, claiming, in jest, that the biggest problem with your picture is that it's Bing, and that few people that I have encountered (and I have encountered a great deal of people) use Bing.  I've seen many inexperienced computer and Internet users open up Internet Explorer (or Microsoft Edge) and search in the search bar "Google." They are brought to a Bing search of Google, which they click on the Google link and proceed to utilize Google search services. They use a search engine to search another search engine to search something. Or they go straight to google.com and there aren't any problems.  It's just that I find that Google is far more ubiquitous and well-known than Bing in all aspects, so I therefore find it strange and, to an extent, amusing that someone in today's age would use Bing.  I can find it amusing and still accept its existence and utilization.  

You need to take that chip off your shoulder.  :wallbash:

Edited by Silverfire, 14 March 2017 - 02:35 AM.

• SS396, crockrocket, Miscellaneous and 1 other like this

lNM7VnC.png

Elite_is_salty

Elite_is_salty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1144 posts

Damn guys, you never fail to amaze me ...

• SS396, Miscellaneous, LaurenEmily and 1 other like this

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

I'd appreciate it if you didn't assume that I assumed you used Bing as your default search engine. Given your demonstrated general knowledge with helping other people with various computer issues on the forums and your general technical know-how, I thought it obvious that you are more than capable of something as mundane as changing your search engine.

Well, when I read your post I concluded that the underlying butt of the new joke was that I use(d) Bing, so I think you are more than capable enough to take a look back and see how I arrived at that conclusion. It may of not been your intention, but that is just what I concluded.  

I found your post mildly amusing and made what I believed to be a humorous post in response, claiming, in jest, that the biggest problem with your picture is that it's Bing, and that few people that I have encountered (and I have encountered a great deal of people) use Bing.  I've seen many inexperienced computer and Internet users open up Internet Explorer (or Microsoft Edge) and search in the search bar "Google." They are brought to a Bing search of Google, which they click on the Google link and proceed to utilize Google search services. They use a search engine to search another search engine to search something. Or they go straight to google.com and there aren't any problems.  It's just that I find that Google is far more ubiquitous and well-known than Bing in all aspects, so I therefore find it strange and, to an extent, amusing that someone in today's age would use Bing.  I can find it amusing and still accept its existence and utilization.

The only thing I'd like to point out here is unless someone has gone into the settings and changed the default search engine, that first search typed in the search bar is using Bing, so it gets more daily use by the millions of Windows users than you realize.  If Micro$oft had it their way you would only be able to use Bing.

It tend to think that the average computer user doesn't really care what search engine they use just as long as they quickly and easily find what they are looking for.  Now power users and anyone in the IT field, completely different story.

You need to take that chip off your shoulder.  :wallbash:

That chip doesn't come off of my shoulder, its part of the bone structure.

[DELETED]

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

Internet searching is a rare skill these days. More rare than you can think.

Don't tell anyone, but I only keep my job in IT cos of teh Googolz.

Oh, and because i'm not an inept keyboard pecking Neandertard. Thats probably part of it.

Edited by 6ixxer, 15 March 2017 - 05:56 PM.

• Elite_is_salty and LaurenEmily like this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Well, when I read your post I concluded that the underlying butt of the new joke was that I use(d) Bing, so I think you are more than capable enough to take a look back and see how I arrived at that conclusion. It may of not been your intention, but that is just what I concluded.  

The only thing I'd like to point out here is unless someone has gone into the settings and changed the default search engine, that first search typed in the search bar is using Bing, so it gets more daily use by the millions of Windows users than you realize.  If Micro$oft had it their way you would only be able to use Bing.

It tend to think that the average computer user doesn't really care what search engine they use just as long as they quickly and easily find what they are looking for.  Now power users and anyone in the IT field, completely different story.

That chip doesn't come off of my shoulder, its part of the bone structure.

bottom line, we were all trying to make jokes, and we all misunderstood, let's forget all the hard feelings and move on with life

and I'm glad you consider this chip on your shoulder part of your integral physical structure.  I guess that really means a permanent grudge is truly ingrained in you to the bone, it would explain a lot.  

Disclaimer: that was a joke, just so there's no confusion.

Edited by Silverfire, 15 March 2017 - 09:56 PM.

• crockrocket and Miscellaneous like this

lNM7VnC.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

lol. my image was not a jab at anyone, just a comment along the lines of what inexperienced users would do - google is in more of the public lexicon than bing, but people don't understand the difference between a search engine text box and a URL text box.

no need to get bent about it, sheesh.

• crockrocket, Silverfire, Miscellaneous and 1 other like this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

but people don't understand the difference between a search engine text box and a URL text box.

That may be because on some browsers they function similarly. In chrome for example you can use the URL bar to search via google, not sure if you can use maximum google-fu in it though.

• coldform and Silverfire like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

bottom line, we were all trying to make jokes, and we all misunderstood, let's forget all the hard feelings and move on with life

There isn't any hard feelings and I wasn't mildly triggered until a specific person decided he wanted to jump in on the action.  What set me off about that was a number of different things rubbing me the wrong way and not just one particular thing, and yes history does play a minor role.

and I'm glad you consider this chip on your shoulder part of your integral physical structure.  I guess that really means a permanent grudge is truly ingrained in you to the bone, it would explain a lot.

I wouldn't say that a personal grudge is something built into my bone structure, so what I was getting at is more along the lines of what other people perceive as a "chip on my shoulder" is really not something I placed there on purpose, and just something that comes along for the ride.  The people that understand and accept that get a lot further than the ones that don't.

I've never really looked into the history and meaning of that saying and I always associated it with an attitude and not a grudge, so I learned something new.

[DELETED]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users