6 replies to this topic

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Hello Everyone,

I have basic setup of Ge-force  Experience already in place but my Streaming always fails after few minutes

I have already tried highest and lowest Video settings but no luck

My System config as below

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 5 GHz overclocked
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.94 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 2560 x 1440, 144Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Internet Speed is 100 MB Download 35-50 MB Upload...

I have managed to get 10-20 min streaming with shity quality as below but its really bad :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Youtube_ExGodV, 27 March 2017 - 11:25 PM.

Noob plays games to prove being noob...

https://www.youtube....INP_sgTy49C8sLg

:ninja:  :wallbash:  :ninja:  :wallbash:

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

What's with this streaming hysteria? Why does everyone want to be a streamer now?

A massive waste of time and energy, if you ask me.

• dorobo, Elite_is_salty and AmpliFIRE like this

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

I recommend using OBS over Shadowplay/Geforce Experience. Geforce uses the NVENC codec, which will use your 1070 to encode the video. While this takes most of the load off your CPU, it also doesn't produce very high quality video. It is alright for local recordings since you can just up the bitrate, but for streaming on twitch there is a limit to what bitrate you can use. 

With OBS you can use x264 (As well as NVENC if you want), which uses CPU encoding. This produces much higher quality recordings, and with your 3570k at 5GHZ you should be able to manage it fine. I have a 6600k @ 4.5GHz, and I can usually manage 1080p60fps with a pretty high bitrate, so even though your CPU is a bit older it should be able to stream using x264 (at twitch quality) fine.

One disadvantage to OBS is that it is quite complicated, but it also gives many options. There are plenty of very detailed guides on youtube and on OBS's forums to get you started.

What's with this streaming hysteria? Why does everyone want to be a streamer now?

Thank you for your contribution.

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 24 March 2017 - 02:15 AM.

• coldform, XPloyt, Guns_N_Rozer and 2 others like this

Spoiler

Youtube_ExGodV

Youtube_ExGodV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

I recommend using OBS over Shadowplay/Geforce Experience. Geforce uses the NVENC codec, which will use your 1070 to encode the video. While this takes most of the load off your CPU, it also doesn't produce very high quality video. It is alright for local recordings since you can just up the bitrate, but for streaming on twitch there is a limit to what bitrate you can use. 

With OBS you can use x264 (As well as NVENC if you want), which uses CPU encoding. This produces much higher quality recordings, and with your 3570k at 5GHZ you should be able to manage it fine. I have a 6600k @ 4.5GHz, and I can usually manage 1080p60fps with a pretty high bitrate, so even though your CPU is a bit older it should be able to stream using x264 (at twitch quality) fine.

One disadvantage to OBS is that it is quite complicated, but it also gives many options. There are plenty of very detailed guides on youtube and on OBS's forums to get you started.

Thank you for your contribution.

Thank you for guidance. I have saw few videos on OBS but it scared me of with menu and config, i think i am too dumb to configure that :(

I will give it try... lets see

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

Noob plays games to prove being noob...

https://www.youtube....INP_sgTy49C8sLg

:ninja:  :wallbash:  :ninja:  :wallbash:

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

You got ignored.  He will learn on his own terms (:

• Rainbow_Sheep likes this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

Hello Everyone,

I have basic setup of Ge-force  Experience already in place but my Streaming always fails after few minutes

I have already tried highest and lowest Video settings but no luck

My System config as below

GPU: GeForce GTX 1070
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3570K CPU @ 5 GHz overclocked
Memory: 16 GB RAM (15.94 GB RAM usable)
Current resolution: 2560 x 1440, 144Hz
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Internet Speed is 100 MB Download 35-50 MB Upload...

I have managed to get 10-20 min streaming with shity quality as below but its really bad :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

how much ram do you have on that 1070?

Also, try downscaling your res - 1080p is decent enough for streaming. that's something that you can set up with OBS, btw.

another thing - try to use your GPU's encoder (NVENC) with obs, as hawken is CPU intensive in its current state.

Edited by coldform, 25 March 2017 - 12:29 PM.

• Youtube_ExGodV likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

how much ram do you have on that 1070?

Also, try downscaling your res - 1080p is decent enough for streaming. that's something that you can set up with OBS, btw.

another thing - try to use your GPU's encoder (NVENC) with obs, as hawken is CPU intensive in its current state.

1070 has 8GB of VRAM

and with that overclock he'll be fine for recording

720p30 with around 3k-4k bitrate seems to be the sweet spot for twitch (when not partnered with twitch)

Edited by Rainbow_Sheep, 26 March 2017 - 03:33 AM.

• Youtube_ExGodV likes this

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Streaming

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users