• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
Hey everyone, wolfrock here. Been a while.

I've been using forge.gg since their open beta launched and it's pretty impressive so far. Forge is an always on video highlight recorder and uploader for games. I asked the forge team for Hawken support last week and now they have it in their latest build.

It would be really cool if you guys could test Forge out with Hawken and let them know what you think. Most of you guys use OBS and so do I, and it looks like the two programs work well together, that is they don't interfere with each other, even while streaming on twitch.

The DM tournament is starting soon, it'd be a good opportunity to try it out. If you want to see what I'm talking about, you can go to forge.gg/wolfrock or just the main website. I'm not affiliated with them at all, but I'm liking what they're doing so far.

I'm at work right now but hopefully I'll be able to catch a stream of you guys in DM.

Peace,
wolfrock
  • TheButtSatisfier likes this
G2R is viable.

eth0

eth0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

I use a similar service but instead of downloading an app I point my account to the stream, through twitch or stream straight to them. What brought me to this one is the ability to have my chat bot take highlights by command from myself or viewers. I'll have to check out forge.gg but can it do anything like that? 

http://videogami.tv/eth0ethan

Don't miss the highlight of me entertaining a kitten.

Pubstomping is a whole different strategic discussion, however, and usually just becomes an exploration of the ethics of dumpstering randos.

UYoy63i.png

Why mech game make when you no mech game have you don't want to make? 

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Hey eth0,

forge is just clip and share, I think the best use so far is the twitter integration. The clip plays inline with the tweet forge sends out e.g., https://twitter.com/...485042507386880so I suppose it could direct twitter followers or twitter users in general to the clip and other clips you have on forge, or to your twitch site, etc. It runs as a compliment to streaming, or for people who don't stream but just like to upload clips without dicking around with youtube. The maximum clip length is 30s so think of it like a "vine" for games.

I like the idea of videogami.tv (and other viewer-generated twitch clipping services) but I started using forge when my internet started to get really crappy and I couldn't stream anymore. Also for games like Dark Souls that I would never stream on twitch (because I suck), I like using forge for moments like boss fights / duels. I liken it to a replacement or compliment to pressing [F12] for a screen shot. I can see people who don't like to stream all the time or who have limited internet using something like this.

• eth0 and CounterlogicMan like this
G2R is viable.

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

I tested today and found interesting the quality and file size, but it would be great if it had a button to start and stop recording, so not serious all the time without breaks. After all, if the games are good we can take playing a loooong time. This is a problem!

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

wolfrock

wolfrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Yeah, they wanted to have the video capture always on because you never know when something worth recording happens until it's too late. You're supposed to just hit the 'bookmark' hotkey to refer to that time index in the video later on instead of scrolling for a good spot well after the match. 

I think the hard cap is 10GB worth of video files, it auto deletes the old stuff or you can delete the files yourself (or move them from C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Local\Forge\media). I can see it being a problem if you are short on disk space.

G2R is viable.

SOD_CyberTormentor

SOD_CyberTormentor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Ok wolf, but I like to start recording when the Hawken counter starts beeping countdown, then after the end when I click on the score I stop recording, having a video of about 10 minutes. If you have something interesting in it, then I cut out and put on youtube :D

I think it would be very validates this option!  :thumbsup:

Now i have one 1tb hd just for hawken footage  :biggrin:

Edited by SOD_CyberTormentor, 13 March 2016 - 06:05 AM.

assinaturalogos_03.png | assinaturalogos_09.png | assinaturalogos_07.pngassinaturalogos_05.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: video, streaming, twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users