10 replies to this topic

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

as title implies...

if i message scrimbot i get D/C'd, sometimes just chat, other times from game server completely

anyone else?

Puck Flinging-Nade Lobbing-Troll Tech

r4GY0PF.jpg

::eoc Pred::Eoc/HC Infil::Vulcanador::Hawkins Tech::EOC Raider::

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

"Nothing says Good morning Like a well placed Nade"

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

Just don't message ScrimBot then, hm?

You know what MMR makes for, don't you?

• DemitronPrime likes this

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Just don't message ScrimBot then, hm?

You know what MMR makes for, don't you?

yes yes but like srd.... and stuff too

XD

r4GY0PF.jpg

" I play on north American servers with a 200Ping to give you cry babies a chance"

2XhpJes.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

You realize that scrimbot is not really supported by Reloaded and it was run by a member of the community, right?  

You'll get much further if you just contacted the bot owner directly or left them a msg on irc.

[DELETED]

fuzzy bunny you CZeroFive 

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

You realize that scrimbot is not really supported by Reloaded and it was run by a member of the community, right?  

You'll get much further if you just contacted the bot owner directly or left them a msg on irc.

True, but as far as the servers are concerned ScrimBot is just another user right? If messaging specific users can cause a chat DC the devs should probably know.

My guess is that scrimbot is only logged in to the chat service and not the game, and that caused some issues in all the various database wrangling that I assume happened. I seem to remember a few account updates that were triggered by login.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

popeco

popeco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Same has been happening with me on and off for a few weeks.  Messaging scrimbot srd, srv, etc usually works for ~1 match, sometimes 2, then if you try again you get disconnected.  Strange and annoying, not the end of the world, but have been curious about whats going on with that.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Will look into this. It's possible something is causing the chat service to crash for specific users only. Thanks!

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

True, but as far as the servers are concerned ScrimBot is just another user right? If messaging specific users can cause a chat DC the devs should probably know.

It would be completely different if someone reported the same issue between two normal users, which doesn't appear to be the case.  So the answer to your question can only be No, or everyone would be experiencing chat issues.  

I don't think this is a problem with the chat messaging system, but an issue with scrimbot itself being outdated.  I remember reading in the latest update that they updated to the latest version of the protocol that everything uses to communicate.  It is my assumption that the communication is somehow different now and scrimbot is still sending what used to be a valid message and now it isn't.

[DELETED]

DemitronPrime

DemitronPrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Will look into this. It's possible something is causing the chat service to crash for specific users only. Thanks!

glad you caught on man :)

not a big deal but yeah, it is inconvenient...

seems the only person that didnt understand WHY i put the message here was SS....

not that im surprised

r4GY0PF.jpg

2XhpJes.png

SS396

SS396

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 691 posts

seems the only person that didnt understand WHY i put the message here was SS....

not that im surprised

I can see that you failed to understand WHY I posted my first reply.  I'm not surprised with that either.

[DELETED]

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

This has been happening to me for several weeks now. Now it disconnects chat the instant I leave a match and have to wait till it offers to "reconnect to chat" for it to work now. Sigh. Pretty annoying.

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users