8 replies to this topic

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Hi New Hawken devs.

I'd like to suggest that MMR be by gametype and not be a single metric for the player.

It's pretty obvious that different game type require slightly different skills and thinking.

It might help overall feel for new folks and old folks if the games were matched on gametype ratings and not a single bucket metric.

Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Let me get this straight, you wanna take a system, which already does a piss poor job at matchmaking, and dice it up even more per game mode? Correct me if i'm wrong here, but wouldn't that just exacerbate the already prevalent problems with matchmaking?

• KOS_Baconman likes this

tTIViUr.png

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I don't think that such modifications would be cost efficient at this time as the vast majority of games played are TDM.

Siege require a specific understand of the game mode, but high level players can adapt pretty quickly or don't play these type of games if they prefer pubstomping.

gametype_all_weekly.png

• Guns_N_Rozer likes this

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

That's a good idea. You cant broke what's already broken by giving good ideas.

• Robscancer and Jerv like this

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Fun fact, Hawken used to have MMR for every gametype... I still have the old google doc lol

Anichkov3

Anichkov3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Your suggestions understandably. But in the game and already there is a "concealed" distinction level players by game mode. 

The site Ashfire908 can not see the player's profile, but you can see the game player profiles with whom to play. You will see that almost all players play over 2400+ MMR predominantly in TDM and DM. And this is not surprising, because MMR is growing at a good result kills/deaths. Namely these modes encourage "escape from the battlefield," not to die.

Edited by Anichkov3, 02 April 2015 - 09:40 PM.

http://www.hawken.ru- ???? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? (Website of the Russian community)

http://ru.hawken.wikia.com - ??????? ????????? ?? ???? (Russian Wikipedia HAWKEN)

http://vk.com/hawken - ???????? ??????????? ?????????? ??????? ? ?? (social network VK)

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

You don't want to use the same skill metric in a game that needs different tactics.

ie. Preserving yourself actually can hinder your ability to hold the AA, so rewarding running from aa or not protecting teammates in AA while you are outside it actually should lower your Siege MMR, while raising your DM/TDM MMR

• Jerv likes this

Jerv

Jerv

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

I don't think that such modifications would be cost efficient at this time as the vast majority of games played are TDM.

Siege require a specific understand of the game mode, but high level players can adapt pretty quickly or don't play these type of games if they prefer pubstomping.

gametype_all_weekly.png

I always suspected that TDM was by far the most common, and it's nice to finally see the numbers on it.

As one whose favorite mode is MA, it almost makes Hawken seem as abandoned as it's worst depths.

Matchmaking has a lot of work to do, yet it's in a death-spiral due to low player population. That sort of low population means that the only chance I have at an MA match are if you include players with MMRs 600-1000 points higher than mine, which ruins the fun. The last MA I was in had the same 2 guys each rack up scores higher than the next three guys combined three matches in a row. They started the fourth match alone with the rest of us leaving. With more non-uber-pro players quitting than playing, the next bunch of sub-2400 MMR players that want an MA match will have it even worse because there's fewer mere mortals, which leads to more rage-quits, which..... you get the point.

I'm not sure what the solution is, or even if it's not already too late to salvage. Regardless, it is ruining Hawken for me and many others, and if a game can't even keep F2P players, imagine how few will actually pay... which leads to another death-spiral.

Hopefully the new ownership can resolve things. Matchmaking is something that DEFINITELY needs resolving though.

• Charcoal likes this

Still recovering from a neurological incident, spent a couple months learning how to walk without a cane,

figured I'd try a fast-paced game to see if I could get my reflexes back to where they were.

Garage:

A - Infiltrator, Reaper, Technician, Scout

B - Assault (x2), Predator, Raider

C - Brawler, Vanguard, Incinerator

BaronSaturday

BaronSaturday

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts
Here's the thing. I play Siege almost exclusively unless my team is on then we switch between MA and Siege. My Siege MMR would be high. My TDM would be low. If I went into a TDM being a mid/high mmr player, I would sh#it role the entire other team. It doesn't matter if I play TDM as I've developed an understanding of the game. Where do you think first time Hawken players are? TDM. You don't want me in a TDM under your system.

Technician | Fear the Beam | Support
Welcome to the End of Days
KHCwt3J.png
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[]]]]]]
Smoke this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users