9 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Mechs

• The Ord had its base damage slightly increased.  The damage multiplier bonus has been reduced significantly from heatsink.
  • The Civ had its puck base damage decreased moderately.

All the G1 Mechs Bundle

• The G1 Charge has been added to the bundle. This change should be retroactive to any purchasers of the bundle.
  • Fixed an issue on PS4 where all the G2s would be included in addition to the G1s. For those affected by the issue, do not contact customer support; consider it to be an 'error in the your favor by the bank'.

• Nachoeslach and ReversusRex like this

Gusbots

Gusbots

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

A welcome change, won't be missed  However, the ord isn't op with the mag just with the pn (at least, thats my opinion)

(Xbox)x KiRK707

(Xbox)x KiRK707

Advanced Member

• Xbox Members
  • 141 posts
Why is it that you guys don't share actual numbers, either in-game or in your notes as displayed here? A lot of players complain that they can't get accurate information to make decisions about weapons, for example.. I wouldn't think it's far from reasonable to have accurate damage information available in-game, at the very least. Just throwing that out there. Happy to see the Ord being reigned in a bit before PC relaunch
  • wischatesjesus likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

plz fix tiger

k?

k.

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Mechs

• The Ord had its base damage slightly increased.  The damage multiplier bonus has been reduced significantly from heatsink.

This change bothers me. First off, since the update it seems I'm having a harder time landing shots w/double mag(never used the pn)- maybe a 'me' problem, maybe the servers, or both - but it's definitely not a threat anymore, and 'significantly' reducing the damage multiplier makes the mech less unique as a mech, and less of a threat when managing heat, right? I initially thought the mech was high risk/low reward, but once I got the hang of leading my shots, my opinion changed dramatically, and it was fun to manage the heat to at least be more advantageous than not managing it.

If I'm the best player in the lobby, then typically matchmaking is working against me by having lower skilled players on my team and the other team having a few decent-to-higher skilled players, the Ord was a great offset to the matchmaking...and honestly, it's wasn't always the be-all and end-all choice, which I thought was a good thing for the game.

Because of my team's parity in skill, the enemy team knows that in most cases I'm the only threat, so if they see me, I tend to receive focus fire, because they don't have to worry about my team backing me up, in most cases. Before the change I could at least in tandem fend off players if I was creating space while doing damage, either taking them out or making them consider retreat. In turn, that would alleviate pressure and allow teammates to put work in.

• The Civ had its puck base damage decreased moderately. 

I never used the Civ and I don't like the Civ - It can do massive damage, but it's usually not a threat. I'm not so sure reducing damage was the best option. If anything, I'd argue that the inability to track the pucks by sound when they whiz by and when they land make the Civ a problem, because they're like pred mines when they make a generalized thud sound - You have to really look around when you hear the thuds.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

I never used the Civ and I don't like the Civ - It can do massive damage, but it's usually not a threat. I'm not so sure reducing damage was the best option. If anything, I'd argue that the inability to track the pucks by sound when they whiz by and when they land make the Civ a problem, because they're like pred mines when they make a generalized thud sound - You have to really look around when you hear the thuds.

The Civ's pucks can be hit by hitscan and projectiles in the next update.

The changes were made due to a general consensus of the PC community testers and the console community players complaints, plus video and statistical evidence that those mechs let us come to the conclusion that lead to the changes we made.

We're against one shotting people, and the Civ was capable of that. The Ord was capable of wiping out B/C classes in 2-4 shots by managing high heat prior to the nerf.

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

The Ord's Mag Pistol damage was increased to 40 (was: 35), and the heat multiplier to damage was reduced to 1.4 (was: 1.8).

The Civ's damage per puck was reduced to 20 (was: 25) and the next update they will be destroyable by shooting them.

XPloyt

XPloyt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

The Civ's pucks can be hit by hitscan and projectiles in the next update.

That's great! Still concerned you made the Civ even more useless by reducing its' damage, but, it might work out.

The changes were made due to a general consensus of the PC community testers and the console community players complaints, plus video and statistical evidence that those mechs let us come to the conclusion that lead to the changes we made.

I can't argue for the PC version, but I've yet to come across any person playing the Ord on XB1 who was unstoppable with any configuration - and I'm not super good or hardcore about playing the Ord. I won't mention names, but the people I see doing well with the Ord is typically players who are known almost exclusively to play the Ord, because they lead the team score at the end of a game, for instance, if I jump in a match near the end .The problem lies within players not reacting accordingly. If I see an Ord coming at me with the PN, then I know I need to keep distance. The ones who die quickly from the Ord don't take steps to avoid getting hit by it, and the ones who are 'appear' good with the Ord apart from myself tend to just walk in a beeline toward the enemy, and because both parties are incompetent, the Ord gets the kill and the receiving player has no one to back them up in the immediate followup; at this point the Ord is vulnerable, having to manage heat to stay alive. They are a"one-trick pony".

We're against one shotting people, and the Civ was capable of that.

The Civ was capable of one-shotting(technically it's two shots) sitting ducks - players who lack awareness. You know why? Because they're off in the distance not being challenged by anyone. Civs aren't confrontational, but if they are, they usually tradeoff for self-damage because they're right in another player's face.

The Ord was capable of wiping out B/C classes in 2-4 shots by managing high heat prior to the nerf.

It appears you are considering two individual shots of the mag done simultaneously as one, but just because it's technically possible doesn't mean it's always applicable. You have to consider the other mechanics of the gameplay and the encounters. With this new nerf, the dbl-mag Ord 'could'(maybe) kill an A Class with a minimum of 2-3 shots, B class with 4-6, and C Class with 6-8, but, it's within the matter of having the utmost patience and time, and being exposed on radar even longer, to pull off.

It would make more sense, at the very least, to allow each shot to generate less heat now that it does considerably less damage overall over a longer period of time. I say that since I've played the Ord, and it seems like I can't stay in the fight long enough to make a difference. Before I realized the nerf, I found myself overheating way too much, just trying to fend off the enemies.

Edited by XPloyt, 20 May 2017 - 05:09 AM.

(Xbox)A BackhandSlap

(Xbox)A BackhandSlap

• Xbox Members
  • 8 posts
Why the Ord??
People complained about it being overpowered, but I didn't see it, even when I played against it.

The ord takes more skill that most mechs as you have to really know how to shoot. You don't get any homing weapons nor any splash damage. It wasn't being overused so I don't understand this at all. It is near impossible to kill a small mech with deflectors now.
All of the people who are considered the best play with the same 2 mechs.....Infiltrator and Scout, yet those 2 mechs never seem to get touched.

And if you nert the ord, the overheat time should be extended. No one plays with the ord anymore, and with good reason. I am one of the best I have seen with the ord and I was having a rough time against people I was destroying a round earlier with the Infiltrator (my 3rd or 4th best mech). That is what made me come to the forum to see if it has been nerfed, and sure enough it has. Smh.
The ord was my favorite mech....now it's near trash.
Rant over.
  • LordJim47 likes this

frostdragon2013

frostdragon2013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

om ps4 we are experiencing sever lockups after every siege game and some tdm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users