• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

ATTENTION!

The following  notes are my personal opinion only. There is no need for anyone to be offended by any of it. Feel free to discuss.

LET US SKIP THE SPLASH SCREENS! AND LOWER THEIR VOLUME!

Mech skin colours are terrible without the contrast/scale sliders.

The menu UI is way too big for pc. shrink all assets by 50%. It looks like a badly ported console game.

The mech screen/s are terrible, the 'web' is horrible to look at and navigate and is annoying how it is the default view.

The grid view is also terrible. each mech 'button' is too cluttered and the whole screen looks messy.
Give me a simple text list of the mechs on the side and when you click on one it shows the selected mech and the customization options... LIKE BEFORE.
The way it is now makes it much slower to customize mechs.
The whole grid of image buttons is also way too big for PC and is annoying to scroll through when our monitors can show so much more.

The list of images to change emblem is way too small compared to the stupidly large size of each individual image. Make a larger grid box of smaller images.

When scrolling through the various menu's let us use the scroll wheel to actually scroll without needing to hover of the scroll bar.

When in-game (spawn screen), scrolling through the much list using the scroll-wheel also zooms in and out.

The Mech list (spawn screen) images are too large and unnecessary. just give us a text list. Remember this is on PC we don't need big dumb pictures like the consoles do.

Why does the game take 5 minutes to open up when alt-tabbed in a match? I have clicked on the tab and nothing is happening... wow, kicked for idling because I wanted to alt-tab out for 15 seconds and the game wouldnt open up again.

Clicking on the Mech should not instantly launch you into the game, especially since you have a 'launch' button.
Why cant you press ESC and force respawn if you chose the wrong mech due to the issue mentioned above?

And now I cant even click on the Hawken game to exit it on my second monitor for some stupid reason... its not responding... force-close yay.

I just realized that nowhere in the game does it say what version you are running either.

Overall it just feels like a real bad console port.

• Brother3J and DemitronPrime like this

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

I just updated the game. Started it up and "linked my legacy account". Mech map sucks. Sorry but it does. And it does not show my different versions of mech till I get to game already started and then once I choose a mech no choice to change weapons. I am not happy with the way the layout has been done, the mech access, weapons/gear/etc changeup done. And while the game plays well, the scale is just weird. Everything looks 3 times normal size. Even with the view set to 110 degrees it look like old 640 X 480 resolution games. It damn sure does not look like 1920 X1080. Not by any stretch of the imagination. And how do I log onto my other accounts? I have 7 other accounts on THIS Steam account. It does not give me any option to log in with another email address. It automatically logs me into the game with no choice. How do I access my other accounts? I have a lot of money wrapped up in this game. I've tried very hard for 4 yrs to support it. Now I can access 1 of 8 accounts. Uh wut?

And I read in the forums about the ripples-yel skin being green. It is VERY green and black. Not yellow even one tiny litle bit. None, zero. Neither of the 2 adjustments will make it any more yellow. None. Uh I have the Tiger head and it is yellow, so why is the YELLOW ripple skin green? Not happy to say the least. I also have 3 zerks. 2 are at max everything. BUT when I try to buy a G2-zerk it says I have to reach max with one zerk before I can buy it. Uh wut? I own 3, 2 at max. Sooo what the hell is it talking about?

Edited by Nov8tr, 24 May 2017 - 12:57 AM.

• DemitronPrime likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

JoeMech

JoeMech

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Since the update the in-game lag is insane. I have tried everything to get my FPS up but it maxes out at 40 and this is on a static screen. as soon as the actions starts, the frame rate dips into the 20's. for me the game is unplayable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• popeco likes this

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

All I know is I have no terrain. Am I the only one getting this? b9nFOK0.jpg

• Nachoeslach, TangledMantis and DemitronPrime like this

wGoUz2B.gif

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

yea it's really bad the only pro to this update is that the score from assist and kills is seeable thz it con is everything from garbage servers to chat box gone, 10 min games down to 8 for tdm..... the testers must have been girl "scouts"  merl and the others prob the reason for the unbalance of mechs.

• DingdongJR likes this

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Hmmm....  still not sure what to make of this.  I'm Ok with the home screen. seems a bit more organized.  Preferred the old version.  The "Garage", or lack of,  is annoying.  It defaults to the mech web,  which seems pointless...  I'm not playing Sid Meyer's Civilization, or Beyond Earth. 

Daily bonuses are fine for new players, but for those with 700,000 credits, unnecessary.  Not sure what to make of the new graphics...   Note:  I'm playing this update on my backup PC,  new one is getting a 1080 Ti and liquid cooling,  so I won't have it ready for a week.  Playing with High, not Ultra graphics. My biggest irritation is lack of chat box in game,  and ESPECIALLY Post-game chat.  WTF?!   we need MORE chat and banter, not less.  That is my biggest irritaion.  New mechs and items are cool.  For some reason, the yellow "stripe" skin looks green  on the menu,  but gets yellower in-game. We DO need to have primary weapon selection in game. That MUST happen.  Other than that.... I'm fine.  I accept the new look as just that,  a new look.  I DO like that they put Co-op modes in with PVP games...  

I'll tell you what I would like....  a populated lobby indicator on the Play screen,  to indicate if people are trying to start up a Siege or Missle Assult game.  I don't see people playing MA nearly enough,  and I know people like it.  Let's get some help starting up some new gametypes with a Populated Lobby indicator. 

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 366 posts

Initial impressions from me after logging in, adjusting my settings and running through a few bot tdm practice sessions and live TDM matches.

My system:

Win 10 'pro' x64

Intel 2500K

Nvidia 980

16 gigs RAM

As with others, this all but yells quick and somewhat dirty console port (no surprise really with the big 505 games logo in the beginning)

To me, these are problems and indications that due care or 'polish' was not taken when merging the changes:

• No mouse wheel support in the menus
  • Default key bindings have xbox controller definitions and rumble is turned on
  • No way to sort mechs in the garage (the UI still screams console)
  • Using the mouse wheel to scroll through the garage when picking a mech zooms in and out the background, click and drag pans
  • Text is too freaking big, does not scale correctly on a monitor.  Text, menu boxes, emery name tags, targeting sight, etc…  this yells ‘console port’ and reflects poorly on the company that coded it.
  • On the opposite side, the 'mech web' thing, I don't like, and find it irritating that it's the default vs the grid view, doesn't stick when the grid is selected, and the text on the web view is crazy small.  Again, scaling issues.
  • Internals...  Not liking the 'better = more power' thing I'm seeing here.  And the detonation device...  did we really need this?  ADH tried to add it and quickly removed it due to community complaints
  • Mech choice in-between spawns does not stick.  I often found myself deploying in the wrong mech due to where the mouse just happened to be when the menu came up
  • No post match chat
  • Single click to choose a mech in between spawns is bad with the poor sorting setup

As others have mentioned, we are not sitting four or five feet away from a telly, we do not need or even want something that feels like the computer build was an after thought.

The good:

• Performance seems to be much better than the older build, especially in the middle of a fight.  Felt a lot smoother than the previous build
  • Editing the right files to bypass the intro movies still works
  • Internals with pluses and minuses, I like this a lot.

Things to test:

• VOIP, does it work?  Not had a chance to check it yet

Edited by bacon_avenger, 24 May 2017 - 01:32 AM.

• Nov8tr, Charcoal, Bad_BennyAK and 3 others like this

Test dummy for science, Follower of Wheatons Law, usually hanging around #hawkenscrim and #spawn, occasional poster of YouTube videos and streaming.  Can also be found on twitter

cs5t805.png?2

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Initial impressions from me after logging in, adjusting my settings and running through a few bot tdm practice sessions and live TDM matches.

My system:

Win 10 'pro' x64

Intel 2500K

Nvidia 980

16 gigs RAM

As with others, this all but yells quick and somewhat dirty console port (no surprise really with the big 505 games logo in the beginning)

To me, these are problems and indications that due care or 'polish' was not taken when merging the changes:

• No mouse wheel support in the menus
  • Default key bindings have xbox controller definitions and rumble is turned on
  • No way to sort mechs in the garage (the UI still screams console)
  • Using the mouse wheel to scroll through the garage when picking a mech zooms in and out the background, click and drag pans
  • Text is too freaking big, does not scale correctly on a monitor.  Text, menu boxes, emery name tags, targeting sight, etc…  this yells ‘console port’ and reflects poorly on the company that coded it.
  • On the opposite side, the 'mech web' thing, I don't like, and find it irritating that it's the default vs the grid view, doesn't stick when the grid is selected, and the text on the web view is crazy small.  Again, scaling issues.
  • Internals...  Not liking the 'better = more power' thing I'm seeing here.  And the detonation device...  did we really need this?  ADH tried to add it and quickly removed it due to community complaints
  • Mech choice in-between spawns does not stick.  I often found myself deploying in the wrong mech due to where the mouse just happened to be when the menu came up
  • No post match chat
  • Single click to choose a mech in between spawns is bad with the poor sorting setup

As others have mentioned, we are not sitting four or five feet away from a telly, we do not need or even want something that feels like the computer build was an after thought.

The good:

• Performance seems to be much better than the older build, especially in the middle of a fight.  Felt a lot smoother than the previous build
  • Editing the right files to bypass the intro movies still works
  • Internals with pluses and minuses, I like this a lot.

Things to test:

• VOIP, does it work?  Not had a chance to check it yet

I agree,  good assessment.   There is a lot that's good, new mechs, items, & internals very good.  Bravo for adding mic support.  

Add a garage, and in-game & post game chat, & in-game primary weapon selection, I'll be happy.  Lot of new content & rough edges, just needs some polish.

• Charcoal likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
*Sigh* Most if not all of these issues were brought up by the testers, myself included. Like, the first thing I reported was that push to talk is not on by default. Such a simple setting to enable as default to save so much hassle.
  • William_Adama likes this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

it's a joke just trying to lit up the mood hahaha, it baffles me so much I want this game too be good. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Edited by William_Adama, 24 May 2017 - 03:15 AM.

Yehovah

Yehovah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

thanks for the update/on going development but i must point out this attempt has broken some important functionalities. They were good, i dont understand why if they were a bug or taken away on purpose

Things that worked now dont:
- no post-match chat. Really, you cant even evaluate your match or hear arguments. Thats no fun. Chat log should be constantly up, even better if it stays there during map change.

- cannot read full chat when press esc during fight.

- no autofocus in text box when you start a chat with someone

- cannot change primary weapon after joined into server lobby. A different primary means a huge difference how you adapt to the game situation. You're forcing players to use one loadout for everything, unless they leave lobby, reequip and join again. Players are gonna do it anyway why do you take it away? It's one change that makes zero sense.

- cannot re-select mech. In fact when you click the icon on a mech you are launched right away. I really prefer selecting a mech before i press launch, it gives me time to think.

- you cant even mute someone's microphone with a mouse. I had to go to settings to disable microphone sound from other players.

- cannot right click to view other players' profile .wat, why

UI comment:
-tiles and web: Appreciate what you're trying to do. modern UI have leaned towards the style of tiles. No problem. However the web is almost useless as the icons are too small and there really isn't any tree like relationship among them whatsoever except your g1 g2 thing. Why are the sharpshooter and the predator connected, incinerator with brusier? lol. If you want to group up cousins then at least group them by how they roll eg scout with raider, reaper ss. but it's too arbitrary, and you already have Class A B C, why not just put these 3 into 3 tabs?

-leaderboard can't be scrolled. if you are not the top 8, you fuzzy bunny dont matter at all.

-Lack of mech stats in the mouseover detail tab. It makes mech comparison inconvenient especialy for g1 and g2. When i want to compare between g1 and g2 i have to click a mech, remember the stats, and repeat for the other mech. Can you simply include the mech stats in the pop up? Applies to mech selection during fight

Mech naming:

36M, jobs, vytro (whatever) these names don't mean anything. Previously, "vanguard", "infiltrator" alone are great to capture the impression what a mech does. What does a CIV do? it CIVs the enemy...something! wat

Gameplay:

- start up time is long.

- sync feels slow
+ Navigating around the environment seems smoother than before.

- bullet feels slower? i can't tell for sure but i do feel that playing sniper is now harder.

Cosmetics:
ripples-yel is not yel. You are color blind

Edited by Yehovah, 24 May 2017 - 05:11 AM.

• -Tj-, nepacaka, DemitronPrime and 1 other like this

Hirmuolio

Hirmuolio

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

The performance in general seems to be better. The game used to be a bit stuttery in menus but now they are smooth. But some maps (jungle and the city deathmatch one with that large bridge) have really bad performance (rx 480).

Alt-tabbing during loading makes the game stuck. The game is stuck on foreground so you can't access any other window including task manager (alt tab display still shows so explorer should work). The game also disables windows key (you can't alt-tab to desktop on win10, you have to use win+D). So if the game gets stuck like this the only way is to log off/shut down.

Really poor menu design. If you are going to just slap consolu UI on PC you can just forget the PC market. This is unacceptable.

Everything is oversized. The chat often covers other menus.

The mech selection (in game and carage) and mech customization are especially bad.

Some menu graphics are blurry. You have made them so large that the original images used aren't enough. Make menuss maller.

Some text aligning issues. Some text in some places is aligned poorly. For example in post match mech progression half of the text is aligned differently from rest.

Do not even think about using this menu design on PC.

No chat in pre/post match. You can still say things in post match screen but nobody sees it.

PETRONAS

PETRONAS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Also cannot change primary weapons during match, hence the reason to have multiple mechs with different weapons.  Please let us change Primary weapons in match.  Font is way too big for PC.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
I had fun playing last night. The GRR is more powerful than ever ! Let's give the devs a few weeks to make tweaks before we waive pitchforks. I agree though that selecting the wrong mech is too easy in spawn screen.
  • Bad_BennyAK and Nolo24 like this

wmmoney.png

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

All this waiting due to extensive playtesting. Who are these people and why did they think this was something that met their approval? How does playtesting work if this is the result?

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

All this waiting due to extensive playtesting. Who are these people and why did they think this was something that met their approval? How does playtesting work if this is the result?

A patch making it out the door does not necessarily mean that playtersters approved of every single aspect.

• crockrocket, Meraple and Amidatelion like this

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

SSSS

SSSS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Wait a second. Didn't the game have mech, universal and free xp? I took a long break but I'm pretty sure I had a fuzzy bunny-ton of free xp lying around. And some of my emblems are gone too. Was the MC refunded?

edit: my Alpha skin... Gone...

Edited by SSSS, 24 May 2017 - 07:08 AM.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

A patch making it out the door does not necessarily mean that playtersters approved of every single aspect.

After all,  Ascension happened after, what was it, 3 HAB rounds?

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

EMEUTIER

EMEUTIER

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Cosmetics:
ripples-yel is not yel. You are color blind

WHY is the Ripples-Yel skin not yellow anymore?

The 'energy skins' have got to be the most stupid addition i have ever seen. Does not fit in-lore, looks cheap and sticks out like dogs balls. IMHO it ruins the whole look when actually in game and someone is using it.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Brother3J

Brother3J

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

I appreciate the hard work that went into building Hawken for consoles.  A small team had to re-engineer custom code and get it done on deadline. Cheers and well done.  However, you took a beautiful pc game and made it a cheap console port.  I get why. You have to make money and stay in budget. The game for me is awful now. I have decent ping but 20 fps, settings on low, updated drivers, I7 960m ran fine before the update.  Hope it gets better. 

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

I agree it's a bit underwhelming, specially the UI. Why change something that works ?

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
Uh, because it had to change...

It will gradually improve until theres little point improving further. That will probably still stop short of what pc players want, but they'll deal with it so long as the game keeps working.

moosa17

moosa17

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

There is no way to quit the game if you haven't created or linked an account yet.

I'm sorry to say that I played one match and won't be returning to Hawken because of the broken aiming. I was also offended by the whole concept of mech balance being thrown out the window with the G2 mechs, but I'm not going to play long enough to see how much that affects things.

Everything that's changed has been made worse, and the old problems (I noticed my HEAT cannon dry-firing) persist.

Edited by moosa17, 25 May 2017 - 02:50 PM.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
1 match within 2 days of relaunch and you're done and over aiming? That's absurd.
  • Bad_BennyAK likes this

wmmoney.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users