Photo

As a greenhorn that just got the hang of HAWKEN's mech system: WHAT HAPPENED!?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
There are G2s EVERYWHERE! My Technician! My Berserker! Have they been outdated? Are they really better overall? Where's Charge, Nief and Maurader? Why is everything in a giant web? What on earth are 36M, Civ and Jobs? Why isn't anything labeled logically anymore? Where are the cosmetics!?

/continues hyperventilating
  • DingdongJR likes this

wischatesjesus

wischatesjesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

So many things happened.

Edited by wischatesjesus, 24 May 2017 - 09:26 AM.

oFFOtRH.jpg

High Tier Cabal (Noun): A group of people who used to play Hawken.  

DingdongJR

DingdongJR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

There are G2s EVERYWHERE! My Technician! My Berserker! Have they been outdated? Are they really better overall? Where's Charge, Nief and Maurader? Why is everything in a giant web? What on earth are 36M, Civ and Jobs? Why isn't anything labeled logically anymore? Where are the cosmetics!?

/continues hyperventilating

https://www.youtube....h?v=tOCCvN8YDuc

Welcome to my world...

Edited by DingdongJR, 24 May 2017 - 09:44 AM.

• popeco and Nolo24 like this

Nilithium

Nilithium

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
Also, my Berserker is gone! It doesn't appear in the tree, and when I select it in battle, it says Mech Launch Failure. Actually, scratch that, it says that for every bot I try to launch. Who do I talk to for help?

Edited by Nilithium, 24 May 2017 - 10:53 AM.

• TangledMantis likes this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Also, my Berserker is gone! It doesn't appear in the tree, and when I select it in battle, it says Mech Launch Failure. Actually, scratch that, it says that for every bot I try to launch. Who do I talk to for help?

hawken.zendesk.com
  • TangledMantis likes this

Aethelweard

Aethelweard

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First and last post.  Apologies if this is in the wrong place - I couldn't find the right place!

I've been playing Hawken daily for several years... I appreciate you guys have been working hard... but the changes...   ...too much, too drastic, too buggy.

I admit, I've not played much today, I played for a bit, tried some TDM, but had to give up.

Bugs experienced in the brief time I played:

* I've lost kit!

* My mech configs are ALL messed up - and appear to keep re-messing up between games?

* in-game mech selection is semi-random - NOT consistent, as the spawn screen looses track of the 'current mech' too easily.

The new falling damage rules... are designed to make items, not enable fun gaming.  You've taken a retrograde step, in my opinion.

Once again, thanks for the work, but sorry - I preferred the game as it was yesterday.  I'll give it another go, but it could well end up uninstalled.

ggs gl hf o/

Aethelweard / DragonOfWessex

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I know C05 said this is a soft launch and we are to report problems, but given the severity of the problems I would think some of this should have been caught months ago. 

Also, the game wanted me to link my account to my steam account. What if you have more than one primary hawken account? I have money spent on both, do I need to create another steam account to be able to use my other hawken account or do I just flush the other one down the drain?

Edited by TangledMantis, 24 May 2017 - 11:26 AM.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I know C05 said this is a soft launch and we are to report problems, but given the severity of the problems I would think some of this should have been caught months ago. 

Also, the game wanted me to link my account to my steam account. What if you have more than one primary hawken account? I have money spent on both, do I need to create another steam account to be able to use my other hawken account or do I just flush the other one down the drain?

Yup. 

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

Some of these problems were not encountered during testing.

If you want to preserve multiple Hawken accounts, make another Steam account.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

sabrehawk90

sabrehawk90

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Your old mechs from before the update should be in the mech grid — for some reason they don't show up properly in the mech web. go to the mechs menu, at the top left there should be a button for grid view. Once you click on it, you'll see icons for all the mechs you own (and also ones you don't own yet). There you can scroll around and try to find your old mechs. The mech grid is basically the new garage.

"Mech Launch Failure" is also a bug that has been happening to some of us. I believe the only thing you can do about that right now is to disconnect from the server you're playing on and try a different one. That should solve the problem.

2XhpJes.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users