28 replies to this topic

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

General

• Fixed Secondary Hand Weapons not showing Charge bar properly. Right EOC charge bar now appears on G1-Civ and G2-Civ.
  • Removed 'Devices' button from in-game settings.
  • Repeater shots no longer explode on contact with the terrain.
  • Healing torch SFX now plays.
  • Pressing Shift+W+X no longer displays debug info.
  • Mouse input in the form of dragging the scrollbar or using the scrollwheel drags or zooms the camera, respectively, on the mech selection screen during a match.
  • Created a button to quit the game if launched in an undesired version.

Maps

• Fixed ‘taking damage’ tooltip when starting an ‘Explore Maps’ game.
  • Rebuilt lighting on Last Eco, Last Eco Winter, Prosk, Wreckage, and Facility.
  • Fixed map boundary exploits on Wreckage, Uptown, Last Eco, Bazaar, and Bunker.
  • Fixed see-through textures and removed collision on some trees on Last Eco.

Balance

• We are gathering data from gameplay in order to evaluate what balance changes need to be made since the last update and will make further changes in the future. We're erring on the side of data so that we do not overreact to any imbalances. Thank you for your understanding.

Edited by CZeroFive, 30 May 2017 - 02:55 PM.

• Nachoeslach, DerMax, Guns_N_Rozer and 23 others like this

Bergwein

Bergwein

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 491 posts

k thanks

• Miscellaneous, Rainbow_Sheep, nepacaka and 4 others like this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

glad to see the fix to the tech, but I got to ask C05 what is going on with the servers the first few days where so smooth and now its very potato :ohmy:

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts

• Fixed map boundary exploits on Wreckage, Uptown, Last Eco, Bazaar, and Bunker.

The map-climbing community has some work to do now...

No Prosk? No Frontline?

Edited by 6ixxer, 30 May 2017 - 02:42 PM.

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

The map-climbing community has some work to do now...

No Prosk? No Frontline?

Frontline has that path to the dev picture, so I guess it's less likely to be fixed. Better to leave the dev picture path just in map exploration mode though.

As for Prosk, along with Facility, I believe they both don't have any game breaking exploits? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• Tom_Neverwinter likes this

Spoiler

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

need 300 or 400 more hp and quicker speeds on turretting, with fatter adv detn dev values.

36m sucks as is, and i like it.  why you make spiffy new stuffs, that suck? you CAN buff values you know. not a lethal sin.\

36m is such a fun romp, but it's like you've done everything possible to make it a miserable mistake purchase.  thank gawd i didn't spend real cash on it.   NEWBS! READ THIS!

ugh.

:yes:

Edited by EM1O, 30 May 2017 - 04:22 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

Charcoal

Charcoal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Yay for balance data!

Would you be willing to share some of it? 
Data always needs to be interpreted and I don't want only Flak Scouts interpreting it ;)

• Tom_Neverwinter likes this

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Yay for balance data!

Would you be willing to share some of it? 
Data always needs to be interpreted and I don't want only Flak Scouts interpreting it ;)

Hmm.  I could read something into this, I suppose.  FWIW, I'd run an Excel/Anova regression, and try to balance everything so that on balance, only skill differentiates pilots.

• Charcoal likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Any news on the new (worse) hitreg and the changes to hitboxes?

These issues are, by far, what is stopping me from playing right now.

Edited by Morquedeas, 30 May 2017 - 07:13 PM.

• FRX23, Pumapaw and FunkMaster67 like this

TangledMantis

TangledMantis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

I like the smaller hit boxes.

Roque_TH3_GAM3R

Roque_TH3_GAM3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Can you guys give some buff to the Incinerator? He has some cool looking guns but dont do much, probably increase the ROF and reduce heat rate? (Especially for the B3-AR PPA) you look at those miniguns and think they are bad ass guns but when you fire it is kinda disappointing.  

MomOw

MomOw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1039 posts

Can you guys give some buff to the Incinerator? He has some cool looking guns but dont do much, probably increase the ROF and reduce heat rate? (Especially for the B3-AR PPA) you look at those miniguns and think they are bad ass guns but when you fire it is kinda disappointing.  

The PPA incinerator is one of the highest DPS in the game once you learn the rythm. Use the secondary SAARE and time well your DAKKA DAKKA POW.

The MMA needs a buff, that's all about it.

IRZUTYo.png

gXO9Nfd.pngmXasTsY.pngft4VqcE.png

KDR Member | Streamer | Priority Target II

Spoiler

Roque_TH3_GAM3R

Roque_TH3_GAM3R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

The PPA incinerator is one of the highest DPS in the game once you learn the rythm. Use the secondary SAARE and time well your DAKKA DAKKA POW.

The MMA needs a buff, that's all about it.

The gun heats before i even being able to remove half of the target heath even combining with the SAARE.

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

can you just be sane in what you do ffs. that should be enuff.

can you just give us something that's fun  to play??

Edited by EM1O, 30 May 2017 - 09:18 PM.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

TronSkorch

TronSkorch

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I really don't think anybody in the Hawken community is enjoying the new UI look of the Mech tree. I understand the new look and design, but as an alternative, adding a filter to what you can search for in the mechs such as filtering out heavy and medium to get light mechs only show would be nice. Or filtering to find only a certain type of mech.

As for balancing goes, some mechs stand out more than others, but can always be easily countered. A good CQC mech can easily be outperformed and destroyed in long range combat. Some mechs need a small buff on their DPS, heat rate, and overall conformity with battle.

The map pool is fine, although an increase in maps would be great. I feel as if some of the maps in Hawken aren't wide open enough. This isn't a game where you'll be stealthy, and there shouldn't be such a need for placement of useless textures and/or scenery. This adds fps drops, skipping, random unexpected encounters, and overall negative combat compatibility to the game. 

• monochr0me likes this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

The gun heats before i even being able to remove half of the target heath even combining with the SAARE.

Like MomOw said, there is a rhythm to it.  Let the papa fire approximately 4 shots, take your finger off the trigger, fire the secondary in large fireball mode, rinse and repeat.  Comes out kinda like POW POW POW POW WHOOSH POW POW POW POW WHOOSH.  Once you get the timing right, you can fire indefinitely at very high dps.  Frankly the incin's ability to lay down an endless fuselage of both aoe and hitscan damage at high dps should be changed.

I like the smaller hit boxes.

The smaller hitboxes break some things.  Like A class mechs, for instance.  We really don't need the Scout to be harder to hit, it already pubstomps newer players bad enough already.  This is also a direct nerf to spread based weapons, and as a raider main, practically has me ready to straight up quit.  Worse servers, smaller hitoxes, and faster A class mechs all compound themselves to make hitreg worse than I've ever seen it.  Not good.

• FRX23, monochr0me, DieselCat and 2 others like this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

morquedeas, lets not forget the internals give A class even more options as for C class well not much at all. I doubt the devs would give C class a bone and revise the grenadier back to its glory rather then a pile of garbage that it is now......  co-op tdm is fun for the time being kerby is a new personal favourite of mine. 

• DieselCat likes this

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

morquedeas, lets not forget the internals give A class even more options as for C class well not much at all. I doubt the devs would give C class a bone and revise the grenadier back to its glory rather then a pile of garbage that it is now......  co-op tdm is fun for the time being kerby is a new personal favourite of mine. 

Exactly, like the new 30% deflectors on G2 Scout with .7 second dodge cd makes it way more thank than it was before even ignoring the hitreg and hitbox issues.

And I think everyone agrees that the tragedy that befell the grenadier should be undone.

Aside from that though, I believe that major issues (like hitboxes and hitreg) should be fixed before major balance changes are implemented because of the effect they have.

• FRX23, DieselCat and FunkMaster67 like this

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

hmmm..... it seems as though you might not have your SAARE launcher set to big-fireball mode. I can get three PPA shots off and one of the biguns off, and keep my heat at decent levels. and blast thru mechs like a wet napkin.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

FreddyDipstick

FreddyDipstick

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi guys!

It was about time HAWKEN on pc got some attention.

BUT

i have seen three updates so far in steam with no patch notes or even a link to the forum post about that update.

After beeing silent to the community for over a frakking year, the least you can do is inform us about your updates in an easy way, in steam news, like any other dev does. Now i had to search on the forums for the patch notes and only found it because somebody else linked it in a post asking for guess what? patch notes...

This is not the way to communicate , especcially with a community that has been neglected for way too long. For me this shows the focus shift hawken did to console and and bothers me senseless that a game that was created on pc and even got sold together with videao cards, gets pushed aside by those silly consoles.

I really loved hawken. Before the dying of the pc branch, i played hundreds of hours i even spent money on this free to play game, but i cannot approve of anything the devs did in the last two years of this game. Hawken was so promising, i had a good level system and a skill tree that i loved. it had customisation and unlockables and no intricate mechanisms to "transfer" XP(WTF?) Now there is no feel of progression and the 'universal XP' system sucks balls. The items and components feel like they do nothing and there are too many mechs that are too close to each other in terms of variation and balance.

I hope with the relaunch of pc branch, this game will get some of its flair and players back, but seeiing that even the website does not mention the PC branch but only PS and XBOX i highly doubt it.

• DingdongJR likes this

William_Adama

William_Adama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

waiting on neif to cause chaos its like a mini rocketeer just take the seeker add it to rocketeer and take the ability from nief too I'm sure that will make rocketeer very balanced to the game :tongue:

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Exactly, like the new 30% deflectors on G2 Scout with .7 second dodge cd makes it way more thank than it was before even ignoring the hitreg and hitbox issues.

No, they don't make the Scout more of a tank.  My TTK and K/D are down (slightly) in this build; mostly because the spread on the shotgun and only partial-hit TOW bursts make me take too long to score a kill and then I get swarmed; the change to momentum has an effect, too. 

Put differently, I can maybe get a doublekill if I work to set it up; I have to plan an exit after a single kill.  Previously, I could just wade in and make it up. 

Edit: I also see other Scout mains (not me) using Scanner now, in order to make up for the decrease in longevity.

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 31 May 2017 - 04:23 AM.

You should call me Luna.

Morquedeas

Morquedeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

No, they don't make the Scout more of a tank.  My TTK and K/D are down (slightly) in this build; mostly because the spread on the shotgun and only partial-hit TOW bursts make me take too long to score a kill and then I get swarmed; the change to momentum has an effect, too. 

Put differently, I can maybe get a doublekill if I work to set it up; I have to plan an exit after a single kill.  Previously, I could just wade in and make it up. 

Edit: I also see other Scout mains (not me) using Scanner now, in order to make up for the decrease in longevity.

Speak for yourself, while the hitreg issues affect scout as much as any other mech, scout feels strong than before when I'm playing.  And if played correctly, it literally is more tank than before.  More damage reduction from the new deflectors combined with a shorter dodge cd literally means its getting more dr applied more often, that's just plain math.  And if you're doing the scout dance properly, that 30% dr is up almost the entire time.

And who cares if people are using scanners?  There's always some fuzzy bunny using scanners.  Maybe someday it will be reworked like I keep asking.

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Speak for yourself, while the hitreg issues affect scout as much as any other mech, scout feels strong than before when I'm playing.  And if played correctly, it literally is more tank than before.  More damage reduction from the new deflectors combined with a shorter dodge cd literally means its getting more dr applied more often, that's just plain math.  And if you're doing the scout dance properly, that 30% dr is up almost the entire time.

And who cares if people are using scanners?  There's always some fuzzy bunny using scanners.  Maybe someday it will be reworked like I keep asking.

I *am* speaking for myself.  I didn't suddenly get worse, the playerbase didn't suddenly get better; while the G2 Scout moves better than the Scout in the last build did, it's weaker overall in relation to the rest of the game in this build.

You should call me Luna.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Played again last night to some very mixed feelings.

Unlike others, my FPS has been solid and steady since the first parity update.  For that I'm thankful.

Since the update yesterday though, there has been terrible hit detection and many other players appear to be teleporting great distances (and are practically untouchable because of it).

In the first 4 days, I didn't experience problems like this with lag.  The hit detection was a little spotty... but last night I could tell that 50% of my shots weren't landing  - most of those seemed to even disappear coming out of the barrel.  In all fairness, it seems that other players were having the same problem hitting me: on my screen it looked like they had shot at me... sometimes I'd even see the flash like they'd hit me... but there was no damage done.  It made for some very long, very frustrating engagements.  There were some players who did not seem at all affected by the lag and hit detection issues though, as evidenced by them have triple the score of other players of similar skill.

Another thing that has been really bugging me since the update is the walls.  I know the walls in Hawken have always been a little sticky, but I never had that much trouble with them.  Since the parity update/soft launch, I am constantly getting stuck on walls; not just the corners, but also along the long flat parts.  If I had to guess, it has something to do with controls - like I can't keep my mech from going that extra step that lodges them up against it... and then it's hard to get them moving again, like there's molasses on my feet.

And a few things grinding my gears which aren't related to the 5/30 update:

G2 Sharpshooter and Reaper...  Seriously?  C'mon!  A sniper is already a pain in the neck, but they were balanced right previously, to where one with good reflexes and attention could reasonably expect to be able to get out of the line of fire in time before that final shot picked off that last sliver of health.  Now, there is no last sliver of health - you're dead unless you are already trying to get out of the line of fire before their first shot.  We all know about the mistake of the G2 mechs... but these were a total plague last night.

The lack of a garage in the between game lobby is a curse - a compounding of a plague.  It was already a plague on matchmaking that half the players in a match would leave at the end of the match to go buy stuff, but now, without the ability to go in and tinker with the mechs in the garage at all, it's become such that almost everyone leaves at the end of every match.  Getting a functioning garage into the game lobby is a huge priority.

Also, the broken team chat is a big issue in objective games right now, especially Siege.  I'm sure the devs are well aware of it... just wanted to say it.

AND, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, CAN WE GET AN ANSWER AS TO WHERE THE NIEF AND CHARGE ARE IN THE PC BUILD?

• FRX23 likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

AND, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD, CAN WE GET AN ANSWER AS TO WHERE THE NIEF AND CHARGE ARE IN THE PC BUILD?

Because tsunami comes after earthquake or flood after storm.
One cataclysm by one.

8akechi8

8akechi8

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
how i can fix this :
Failed to find shader map for default material DefaultMaterial!  Please make sure cooking was successful.

Address = 0xfcf79e5d (filename not found) 
Address = 0x412395c0 (filename not found) 
Address = 0x2f8      (filename not found) 
Address = 0x410b23a0 (filename not found) 
Address = 0x410b23a0 (filename not found) 

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Hit boxes are way to small for the PC user.

Fragnarok1968

Fragnarok1968

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Predator has a major glitch while cloaked. It's like you have an invisible shadow in front of you that keeps you from seeing the enemy. I'm sure someone else has brought this up.

• nepacaka likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users