- - - - - Sharpshooter

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

_Valefor_

_Valefor_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I am fairly new to this game and I have come to really like the sharpshooter. I started out on PC but the population went too low to the point where I couldn't find a match to join. So I have been on ps4 lately since it is much more active. While playing seige and tdm, or even the co-op modes I have noticed that I almost never see another sharpshooter. I also rarely see reapers either. Why is this? I would be glad to hear anyone's opinions on this. I wonder if it is related to the hitbox issues that everyone talks about. Unfortunately I don't know how the hitboxes used to be so it is hard for me to imagine them differently.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

I'd imagine it to be a thing with aiming Sharpshooter/Reaper on console vs PC, hitboxes being broke, and overall player number decline.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

CZeroFive

CZeroFive

Hawken Dev

• Hawken Dev
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts

I personally love the sharpshooter just due to its ease of use and high burst capability.

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

WmMoneyFrmMissouri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts
Sniper mechs hard to play unless you are spot on with your aim... or tap to hack. Both of which you will find in this game.

wmmoney.png

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

To try to provide and answer to the OP's original question... maybe because sniping is so much harder on a control stick than with a mouse?

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

PsychedelicGrass

PsychedelicGrass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts
I usually use snipers in most fps games but here the turn cap kinda fuzzy bunnys with me and the hitboxes don't help.. although since I started more or less maining vytro I've gotten better at ss and have a new appreciation for it

Reaper is preferable tho because a classes and mobility and such

Edited by PsychedelicGrass, 30 June 2017 - 03:40 PM.

What's the big fuzzy bunnyng deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright.

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

Because we miss this kind of server performance  :sad:  so now a days hard to play SS since hard to land hit .

Spoiler

• _Valefor_ likes this

HOHOHOSANTA

HOHOHOSANTA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Plz nerf HOHO

• FunkMaster67 likes this

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

I personally love the sharpshooter just due to its ease of use and high burst capability.

Even with the new ultra small hit boxes that you brain farted into this game?

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

Even with the new ultra small hit boxes that you brain farted into this game?

NM, not worth it.

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 02 July 2017 - 09:31 AM.

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Shade__

Shade__

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 441 posts

I would play SS but 50% of the time I cant aim a gun.

,d88b.d88b,
`Y8888888Y'
`Y888Y' 
`Y

-Shade__

fez

fez

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

I think the SS sorta fits into the antithesis of this games combat.  It rewards campy, long range play, unlike virtually every other mech with the exception of the rocketard, and is a burden in cqc.  That's probably why it's under-represented in combat.

edit:  lol, ended all three sentences with the word combat.  That one too.

Edited by fez, 02 July 2017 - 06:19 PM.

• _Valefor_ likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

I don't see it underrepresented on PC.  Hell, I can point to the perfect example of how a Sharpshooter can be used in ALL situations - a player called NepR.  Guy almost never ever plays anything but SS for the last 4 years... and he can wreck anyone far away, mid-range or close-quarters.  He hasn't been having much trouble with hit-boxes on this build from what I can tell.

• FunkMaster67 likes this

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

DeltaBravo

DeltaBravo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

I don't see it underrepresented on PC.  Hell, I can point to the perfect example of how a Sharpshooter can be used in ALL situations - a player called NepR.  Guy almost never ever plays anything but SS for the last 4 years... and he can wreck anyone far away, mid-range or close-quarters.  He hasn't been having much trouble with hit-boxes on this build from what I can tell.

I will attest to this.  NepR is like a dog fly when you go fishing, always buzzing around and driving you crazy.  Seems NepR is one that has adjusted and has almost made me cry during a TDM game (Prosk).  Almost.

I try not to look at it negatively and just take a break when I get my face caved in too much.  I'm just a fair player in ability but playing better players should essentially make me better, right?  While I have noticed a difference in gameplay since the last update, I don't use that as a crutch and try to adjust as best that I can (not without some complaint, mind) without being a complete detriment to my team.  I'm looking forward to the next update (this month?) and what changes it will bring about.

Edited by DeltaBravo, 03 July 2017 - 01:24 PM.

• _Valefor_ likes this

Zavier_

Zavier_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Hawken's a place where you need mobile snipers , reaper is one. Also G2-raider (now marauder) mains are more rare.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sharpshooter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users