- - - - - AM-SAR Sharpshooter Reaper Damage scope scoped

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Da_Noobinator

Da_Noobinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

The hover-over description for the AM-SAR (the Reaper's primary weapon and the Sharpshooter's prestige weapon) is,

"A semi-automatic rifle with increased damage and accuracy when scoped with a Sabot or KE-Sabot."

Taken from the Reaper's and Sharpshooter's mech page on the official site.

My question is how much is the mentioned damage increase when zoomed in? 5%? 10%? Does anyone know the numbers, and/or its new effective dps when scoped? Or is this mention of 'damage' in fact referring to a logical consequence of having greater accuracy, meaning that the AM-SAR doesn't benefit from any hard damage increase when scoped at all?

Thanks in advance.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

+10%, from what I remember.

But MLG 1337 Reapahs only noscope ( ?° ?? ?°)

• Guns_N_Rozer, Miscellaneous, AmpliFIRE and 1 other like this

Da_Noobinator

Da_Noobinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Cheers! :)

And brah, melee sharpshooter is best sharpshooter ;)

Kopra

Kopra

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
Afaik scoping no longer affects its damage or accuracy.
  • DerMax and Merl61 like this

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Afaik scoping no longer affects its damage or accuracy.

Yep, I think so too. Since ADH decided to make everything easy ._.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Rainbow_Sheep

Rainbow_Sheep

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Cheers! :)

And brah, melee sharpshooter is best sharpshooter ;)

melee

scared-cat.jpg

qwikscope sharpie is best sharpie

• Miscellaneous likes this

Spoiler

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Scoping is built-in tunnel vision at the stroke of a key

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Da_Noobinator

Da_Noobinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

qwikscope sharpie is best sharpie

Mate wut is this, mass effect? I am in a 15 foot hulking death robot, and I will falcon punch if it's the last thing I do ;)

Haha but on a serious note, thanks everyone for the replies :) It's a bit disappointing that there is no longer a damage boost, but in fairness the in-game description doesn't actually say anything about one, it's only the description on the website that refers to it. I suppose that makes the AM-SAR only marginally better than the SA Hawkins at mid range, or marginally worse at longer range. Oh well, to the Slug Rifle!

Cheers all! :)

• Shoutaxeror likes this

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Well, during my couple months here I've learned that the stats for weapons aren't particularly accurate in spots.

• Da_Noobinator likes this

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts
Wait i thought the scope in damage boost still existed (but for the Sabot family only).

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

o0m9

o0m9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Wait i thought the scope in damage boost still existed (but for the Sabot family only).

It does, but the SAR no longer benefits from being scoped in, which is what they're referring to here. 

System64

System64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Pretty much all of the info about mechs/weapons etc. on the front page is out of date. For example, some mechs aren't even there (e.g. G2 Assault), and the Grenadier's profile still displays Artillery Turret instead of Artillery Shots as its special ability. I'd rather you refer to the info that is shown in-game about mechs/weapons etc., which is up to date.

About your concern regarding increased damage, I'd like it if ALL weapons available for the Reaper/SS do increased damage when scoped, instead of just the KE-Sabot/Sabot Rifle.

d9133aa6ec.jpg

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

I know scope affects the slug rifle, KE-Sabot, and Sabot. I don't believe it affects the AM-SAR, but I'm not actually sure. I think it would be nice if the scope did benefit the AM-SAR (although then toning down the smoke effect would be even more important).

Da_Noobinator

Da_Noobinator

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Pretty much all of the info about mechs/weapons etc. on the front page is out of date. For example, some mechs aren't even there (e.g. G2 Assault), and the Grenadier's profile still displays Artillery Turret instead of Artillery Shots as its special ability. I'd rather you refer to the info that is shown in-game about mechs/weapons etc., which is up to date.

It's a pity that they can't keep the website up to date, it doesn't seem like it would take too much in the way of resources. Oh well, at least there is a website at all! :)

I know scope affects the slug rifle, KE-Sabot, and Sabot.

The scope gives a damage increase to the slug rifle? Are you sure? Do you know roughly what % the boost is? (Or just what the raw damage is scoped/unscoped).

On another note... does anyone happen to know the % damage boost from Power Shot (the Sharpshooter's ability)?

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Here's Hyginos' test of the scope damage modifir:

Unscoped, the slug rifle does 57 damage; the scope brings this damage up to 60.

Powershot is +25% damage scoped.

Edited by brackets, 10 June 2015 - 10:20 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: AM-SAR, Sharpshooter, Reaper, Damage, scope, scoped

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users