Photo

Secrets of a Speed Freak

* * * * * 1 votes internals scout G2 Scout Thrust Vectoring Power Surger Afterburner Evasive Device Kerby Reaper

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FirstRaven

FirstRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

It's been a while and I've conducted some testing.

The most usable quick loadout for Scout is Power Surger, Afterburner and Thrust Vectoring.
I'm only using this as an MF'er (Mini-Flak), I may decide on a different loadout for my Heat Scout.

Power Surger has been a standard on all of my A-Class mecha (Scout, Kerby, Reaper, Tech), and

Afterburners have now become a standard on all of my A-Class mecha; The dodge is critical for peak-a-boo fighting, which is the second thing anyone who pilots Scout / A-Class learns: use the terrain (Cover) to your advantage.

However, there is a period of adjustment in adapting to a mech with 5% less HP.

I do not like thrust vectoring on any of my other class A mecha, particularly not my G2 Reaper w/ Slug Rifle.

I have discontinued the use of the Evasive Device completely.

For some reason, even though I've been in Hawken 3 years or so, my forum account is n00b again, so I'm replying here.

On Matters of being a Glass Cannon:

"lol.  2 tows and a raspberry would be enough. I'd just wait till the dodge is done.

No matter how fast you are.... SS's 1 shot + 1 Ability shot = you dead."

Yes, I know; don't get hit! xD
I'm getting better K:D's now, and wicked good damage ratios, however, in my experience, unless you're a ridiculously amazing pilot / kill steal, A-Class mecha tend to get a lot more assists than kills.

"Scout with Heavy Armor and Thrust Vectoring has a boost speed of 21.89m/s when it gets hit, which is slower than the Brawler's boost speed of 24.32m/s."

The G2 Update nerfed scouts; it equalized the classes substantially with many of the new internals.

I could never put heavy armor on a scout, just my preference.
The Strength of the Scout is in Speed. I suppose there are two ways to approach internals. One may either;
a) Attempt to make up for your mechs' weakness (better rounded), or
b) Supplement / Enhance your mechs' strengths (more specialized)
and
c) Attempt to make up for piloting weakness (bad idea, imo), or
d) Supplement/ Enhance your piloting style / ability.

I prefer b) and d).

Can someone please make a slowest possible scout build?  :ninja:

I'll do that next.

EM10,

"if you already are God Scout, the above advice is useless.

skill.

gl/hf."

Agreed that skill trumps, however, i can go 1v 2 against angry ai scouts, or 1v1 against scout pilots of roughly the same ability as myself, and outmaneuver them- win by less than 27 HP. So all things being equal, if I were a God Scout, and hadn't played with internals for some reason, it would be useful. 

The hardest part if you're already a decent scout pilot and haven't used Afterburners is adapting to being a 285HP mech; your timing has to be that much tighter.

__________________________________________________________________________________

Original Post:

G2 Scout with Power Surger 2-slot, *Afterburner, Air-Compressor 2-slot and 1-slot extractor or deflector.

Went with Evasive Devices for a long time, however, I dropped it to equip an afterburner, take the 5% off the top, and make a 285HP Scout.
Best decision I made.

Had a 1-slot Air-Compressor and a one slot fuel converter, and replaced it with the 2-slot Air-Compressor,

and have more fuel overall.

Scout moves a lot, especially mini-flak (gotta love a good MF'er), so 1-slot deflector makes up;

lose 5% (15HP) overall, though gain 10% (30HP) while boosting and dodging.
If you're standing still in a scout, you're going to die, anyway.

The extractor is self explanatory- particularly in Siege, or if you're feeling lucky.

It also helps to keep the groove going when you're MF'ing people up close and personal;

make quicker use of those orbs.

I run similar internals on my G2 Reaper and Kerby.

What are your internals?
I'm particularly interested in Scouts, Reapers, Kerbys and Techs, as well as all mecha.

Dermax,

*not thruster.
This is why I ought not post in the middle of the night.
Afterburner is so much better than the evasive device, and only one slot.

Cooking the Speed formula down, the only internal I haven't tried yet is Thrust Vectoring.
So I'm giving it a go. 2-slot air-compressor and 1-slot extractor removed to make room for this 3-slot monster.

Draigun,

I've noticed that- the "sticky" feeling.

However, the most purist Scout set-up so far is the Advanced Power Surger with Thrust Vectoring.

That said, it is also the most difficult to pilot (second, perhaps only, to Thrust Vectoring, Power Surger and Afterburner in a G2 Scout).

Not being able dodge in air (no air compressor), along with the "sticky" feeling forces you onto the ground, however, Scout was always meant to dominate the X, Y plane. If you want to dominate the Z plane, go Beserker.

Not being able to air-dodge is better in a way, as you can kite better, however, you go through a lot more fuel.
A great tactic in Scout when you're playing stealth.

Plus, not taking damage and just made a kill? 40% movement bonus on run, boost, air speed and dodge.
A G2 Scout with this set-up is the absolute fastest in the game on the X and Y planes, as long as you've made a kill and aren't being hit.

nepacaka,

G2 Scout + Thrust vector + afterburner = 57.288 m/s boost speed

I went with the 2-Slot AirComp over a 1-Slot and a 1-Slot fuel converter strictly for fuel purposes;

agreed that the dodge distance doesn't make much difference. Perhaps in a Bezerker?

Fuel makes all the difference in a Scout; no matter who you are, if you pilot Scout, the first thing you learn is fuel control.

Edited by FirstRaven, 01 July 2017 - 11:47 AM.

DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts

No afterburner? Dude.

PigQueen

PigQueen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Need more internals slots!

Make it like an stash/inventory from Diablo.

Blizzard knows stuff.

Oink!

Guns_N_Rozer

Guns_N_Rozer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1272 posts

he used MSI Afterburner  in order to overclocked the Scout ? 

• Rainbow_Sheep, Jelooboi and System64 like this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Thrust Vectoring is bugged in animation.

The decrease in speed when taking damage results in a jerky motion of transition—from speed increase to speed decrease—which can (depending on how sensitive you are to jerky motion in an arena FPS) affect you negatively. What's more, it lasts the duration you continue to take damage.

• Jelooboi likes this

TpsOr7F.png

nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2058 posts
Cooking the Speed formula down, the only internal I haven't tried yet is Thrust Vectoring.

G2 Brawler + Thrust vector + afterburner = ~32 m/s boost speed 

you have the same boost speed like g1 raider. very fun build with flak. it is fuzzy bunny.

i also try 1 slot compressor, working good on brawler, due the 14m and 18m brawler default dodge is not a big difference, 

Edited by nepacaka, 27 June 2017 - 09:09 PM.

Kompotka 3000. 2D ha?ken game: https://community.pl...ve/?hl=kompotka

Interceptor, B-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...itdefence-mech/

Challenger, C-Class mech concept: https://community.pl...ccepted-thread/

G2-Brawler, C-class mech concept: https://community.pl...pacaka-is-here/

Kinetik, B-class mech concept: https://community.pl...ass-shotgunner/

Melter, A-class mech concept: https://community.pl...-class-support/

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

pf4lqx.gif

1299522691_pauladeenride_speederbike.gif

• Guns_N_Rozer, DieselCat, nepacaka and 1 other like this

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

pf4lqx.gif

Saw that video, the audio makes it sound a lot worse.

• Jelooboi likes this

TpsOr7F.png

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

I dunno.

• dorobo likes this

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

Abalabakubulogu

Abalabakubulogu

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
No matter how fast you are.... SS's 1 shot + 1 Ability shot = you dead.

coldform

coldform

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1100 posts

lol.  2 tows and a raspberry would be enough. I'd just wait till the dodge is done.

I like going against the best of any game I play. Helps you in the long run n motivates u to do more. Always room for improvement not failure

z6aJAX7.png?1

czerofive-Today at 2:22 AM > got banned from playing lazertag - I used a knife to conserve ammo

FIRST OFF WHAT THE FUZZ IS A "SHILL"

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

yeh. devs need to make them "worthy". got a Free G2 Bruiser", and forgot to load it up. didnt notice play inferiority for weeks. 

folks, i have little skill, but i know when it's needed.

if you already are God Scout, the above advice is useless.

skill.

gl/hf.

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

• DieselCat and CosmicCasey59 like this

Meraple

Meraple

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Scout with Heavy Armor and Thrust Vectoring has a boost speed of 21.89m/s when it gets hit, which is slower than the Brawler's boost speed of 24.32m/s.

Edited by Meraple, 30 June 2017 - 06:04 AM.

• dorobo likes this

FirstRaven

FirstRaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Indeed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: internals, scout, G2 Scout, Thrust Vectoring, Power Surger, Afterburner, Evasive Device, Kerby, Reaper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users