• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

6ixxer

6ixxer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1158 posts
It may have just been to take the IP, and prove they can produce a unified codebase that can be released to both consoles and PC.

It was probably cheaper to take what Adhesive had already done, than to start from scratch, even with the technical debt.

Cynics aside. I hope they intend to get the game stable with quality of live improvements to garage management, etc.

If there was a token subscription to host my own server package then I'd be in on it. I don't think they have the scale to make cost effective server rentals. ie: I can start my own server vm and it will list in oceanic region as available. it would save a buttload of the compute/storage/power costs. I could script it to start just for evening primetime...
  • Luaq likes this

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

Oh, I have no doubt it was more about obtaining the unique work done on/with/in the Unreal Engine to make Hawken so unique that was truly the driving force behind all the time and money spent.  Once they get the unified code-base part working, it becomes something they can sell to many start-up game developers.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Ppl are uninstalling on console left and right I haven't even tried to play in a week or so... idk what they're doing but they seem to not care

DallasCreeper

DallasCreeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1135 posts

Ppl are uninstalling on console left and right I haven't even tried to play in a week or so... idk what they're doing but they seem to not care

Do you have an end goal in mind spouting all this?

Spoiler

2XhpJes.png

Ridding the world of evil, one Berzerker at a time.

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Do you have an end goal in mind spouting all this?

Seeking attention is not a goal, it's a journey

• dorobo, claisolais and DingdongJR like this

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
My end goal is they actually fix this game

TheButtSatisfier

TheButtSatisfier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

My end goal is they actually fix this game

Is this your skill? Complaining as a method of fixing things?

8) Tech in the streets, Brawler in the sheets (8

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

KeyFearfulChrysomelid-size_restricted.gi

• dorobo likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

(PS4)NIXXSAXX

Advanced Member

• PlayStation Members
  • 105 posts
Wtf do yall do on here all day talk about how great the game is? No yall rant on nothing posting stupid fuzzy bunny memes and gifs so stfu
  • dorobo likes this

claisolais

claisolais

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Wtf do yall do on here all day talk about how great the game is? No yall rant on nothing posting stupid fuzzy bunny memes and gifs so stfu

We've said what we could, and got replied by "not telling ya".  
You're either blind, or doesnt even care to check.

People are still keeping this graveyard alive, if this game is as "GREAT" as you said that we think, why would we just post memes and gifs?

#Brain is a good thing, have one.

Ic6j9zJ.png

Gueber

Gueber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

We have already said all that can be said now we can only wait to see what they do. It's a very boring wait because the higher ups won't even feed us a scrap of info about what they have been doing for the past few months.

PinkSevereDutchshepherddog-size_restrict

• dorobo likes this

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2017 Is Going To Be A Great Year For HAWKEN!

qeR5kU2.gifNBzGwOK.gif

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

303-coop-hellooo.gif?w=730

Luaq

Luaq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 311 posts

spoiler:

Frenotx

Frenotx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

We have an update that we're working on. When the contents of said update are finalized we can share what we are working on.

Nice.

• claisolais likes this

Evacerberus

Evacerberus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

We have an update that we're working on. When the contents of said update are finalized we can share what we are working on.

Well, thanks for the update guys. That's kind of a big fuzzy bunny you to the community.

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1507 posts

8==>

Whatever, doesn't matter now.

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users