- - - - - Steam

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Mantus

Mantus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

So Im trying to launch Hawken from Steam and when I click it in my library, I get a spinning cursor then nothing. Ive had no issues up until today, or whenever the last time was I played Hawken

I went to properties > Local files > Verify Integrity of Game Cache and still nothing

Does this have to do with this thread (considering im east coast)? https://community.pl...-us-east-today/

Edited by Mantus, 05 April 2015 - 06:18 PM.

IceWulfe

IceWulfe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

OK this has been happening to me for the past 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!! THE SAME THING!!!!!!!! I have done all the trouble shooting I know dude..

I have even deleted steam and the game twice.. So maybe someone will truly look into it since I am not the only one.

Mantus

Mantus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

right on, ya not gonna bother troubleshooting further since everything else launches and a re-install doesnt fix the issue.

ty for confirming

capnjosh

capnjosh

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 262 posts

It sounds like the Hawken client doesn't even launch for some reason.  The server fixes wouldn't even be in play at that point, so it must be something local.  If you don't mind, submit a support ticket so we can start building up some samples of "what can go wonky in Hawken".  (http://hawken.zendesk.com)

Have you tried any of the hawken client ini tweaks in the past?  Sometimes those can kick off some unexpected results (from what I've heard, but I don't have all the relevant information for all cases).

IceWulfe

IceWulfe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am not a guru like you guys but I submitted a log from my log folder. It is in my thread if you would care to look at it capnjosh.

plllleeeeeeeaaaasssseeeeeee look at it.

Mantus

Mantus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I fixed my problem by replacing the "Config" folder in my user/documents/hawken directory with the "Config" folder from where Hawken is installed.  Follow this guide: but keep in mind, the "from" folder will depend on where you have steam installed so its not necessarily in that location. 

3.b) For Windows 8:
Rename "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config" to "ConfigBackup". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".

3.c) If you don't have the folder "Hawken" in your "My Games" folder yet:
If you don't have the necessary folders yet you have to create them yourself. Please create the necessary folders to get a filepath looking like "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config". After that copy the "Config" folder from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Hawken\HawkenGame" to "C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame".

Edited by Mantus, 07 April 2015 - 04:43 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users