- - - - - Gamemode Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Pi3141q

Pi3141q

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

So I downloaded Hawken this morning and have really enjoyed it.  The unique mechanics are a lot of fun and I think they would cater well to something else I've wanted to see for a long time now.  I love the action of first person shooters, but usually I end up playing mobas for the more complex strategy and teamplay; as such, I have really wanted to see a first person shooter with a moba game mode--three lanes, push towers to capture a final target, maybe team/individual strength grows over the course of the game.  I think Hawken's class system and gameplay mechanics would lend themselves well to this sort of gamemode.  Anyway, just an idea, keep up the good work Reloaded, its a lot of fun. 

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. Hate.

-AM

"I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream"

Harlan Ellison

• Pi3141q likes this

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Hmm... while a MOBA-style progression system probably couldn't work, a gamestyle that combines something like Siege and Bot Destruction could be a fun addition to the game. The big problem I can see, though, is the potential of an unstable equilibrium. Also... the current maps don't really lend themselves well to trench warfare-style map domination gameplay.

• stinkinglamb44 likes this

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Hmm... while a MOBA-style progression system probably couldn't work, a gamestyle that combines something like Siege and Bot Destruction could be a fun addition to the game. The big problem I can see, though, is the potential of an unstable equilibrium. Also... the current maps don't really lend themselves well to trench warfare-style map domination gameplay.

Maybe the new devs could *nudge* *nudge* maybe make a new map *wink* *wink*

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

PoopSlinger

PoopSlinger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

One moba type element that could be interesting to see is the minions thing.  There should be a way to work in having minion drones in siege.  Trade 150 EU for a mobile mini turret drone or barrier drone that is a flying mini barrier item.

• MomOw, stinkinglamb44 and Hecatoncheires like this

khn3gAi.jpg?1CitkI9t.jpgGkp2fB7.jpg

Come on Crafty, you have been officially called out on your lies. Your online reputation is at stake here, this is just like an old school street race running for pink slips. Its run what you brung and hope its enough. Put up or shut the fuzzy bunny up.

Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1421 posts

One moba type element that could be interesting to see is the minions thing.  There should be a way to work in having minion drones in siege.  Trade 150 EU for a mobile mini turret drone or barrier drone that is a flying mini barrier item.

Sounds like fun, actually.  Fun, add it becaus it's fun.

lNM7VnC.png

( ^ click for the EMP song ^ )

Come take a look at Hawken guides | Join me on #hawkenscrim IRC

JackVandal

JackVandal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 501 posts

as long as its not the bomb or emp drones from coop, 

• stinkinglamb44 likes this

"but the dead horse has been beaten so many times it's practically a pulpy mess in the barn by now."

-M1lkshake

Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1114 posts

To the last, I grapple with thee; From Hell's heart, I stab at thee; For hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee.

-- Herman Melville, Moby Díck

"Call me Ishmael"

(edited because I forgot '****' is replaced with 'fuzzy bunny')

Edited by Call_Me_Ishmael, 24 November 2015 - 05:43 PM.

• JackVandal likes this

Did I say Call Me Ishmael?

You should call me Luna.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gamemode, Suggestion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users