Photo

Show Ping's of servers and avg mmr of server?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

3lusive

3lusive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

that would be really nice, Iam sure everyone would like to see the ping's of the servers they join and get rid of the star system and show avg mmr if possible.

• LaurenEmily and kvazarsky like this

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

Average MMR is coming, I think, but ping would probably be too intensive to implement as it relies on a wealth of user-side crap.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Yeah it would be neat to see the ping before entering, that would speed up a lot of things.

What comes to the mmr, i personally believe seeing it has nothing but bad influence. I would be a lot happier never knowing what mine is.

I don't think it was intended by the original developers to be seen either and that's why they made the star rank thingy.

• Aregon and (P:B)Augmentia like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

(P:B)Augmentia

(P:B)Augmentia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Yeah it would be neat to see the ping before entering, that would speed up a lot of things.

What comes to the mmr, i personally believe seeing it has nothing but bad influence. I would be a lot happier never knowing what mine is.

I don't think it was intended by the original developers to be seen either and that's why they made the star rank thingy.

I like the idea of mmr. The mere idea that I could rise above the ranks of snivelling peasants and crush them under my supreme....whew. I got a little carried away there. But seriously, mmr might not be the best idea, but I like it. It is a source of pride for me personally, as I am sure it is for others. If you dont like where you are at, you get better. Period.

I am MM
brKc5dA.jpg

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I think the stars is enough for me, either my mmr is too high or its not high enough compared to Emp3ror or something with 2600 mmr holy crap

3lusive

3lusive

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

this game is based off unreal which in all of the version's of that game you can see the ping time's even games like Archeage. show ping times... another game based off the unreal engine.... get rid of the server locations and get a few more central servers and just show ping times. just my 2 cents

• kvazarsky likes this

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Average MMR is coming, I think, but ping would probably be too intensive to implement as it relies on a wealth of user-side crap.

Agreed, I think the closest we can realistically hope for as far as an average ping rating is seeing the location of the server. Which is pretty damn good, to be honest.

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

kvazarsky

kvazarsky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

MMR is not a bad idea, but game should allow players to join any server. Just inform them about what they may expect (higher/lower/close to your skill level), but still allow join match.

Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Back in the day MMR was actually visible, but with Ascension this was taken away because there had been many not-so friendly discussions about each other`s MMR. Ashfire908 programmed it into Scrimbot so you still could find it, but in my personal opinion it has done nothing but actually hurting my enjoyment of the game.

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero
v9KKbH9.png
Spoiler

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Back in the day MMR was actually visible, but with Ascension this was taken away because there had been many not-so friendly discussions about each other`s MMR. Ashfire908 programmed it into Scrimbot so you still could find it, but in my personal opinion it has done nothing but actually hurting my enjoyment of the game.

Ignorance is bliss my friend. I blame him a little bit for denying me my sweet ignorance.

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users