Photo

Players that deal 75% or more damage should get the kill.

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

VYR3

VYR3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

I'm making a few threads on what I think are good ideas/changes that the old devs never implemented.

if I deal 99% of the damage to a mech, and some little scout or a sniper across the map sees my target and kills them, they get the kill for doing hardly any work.

This wouldnt apply if you die though.

right now we get a critical assist for doing the most damage without killing, which is nice and all, but I want a KILL, not an assist, all weekend I've been playing with bursty mechs, scout, pred, raider, etc, and every time I get a target just about to die, a magic stray bullet steals my kill, thus making me not get that point. I think it would just be fair that the player that does the most work without dying should get the kill.

Amidatelion

Amidatelion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2474 posts

I absolutely do not want this, as it is just going to encourage more e-peen measuring over K/D which is one of the worst stats for promoting teamplay.

However, rebalancing the percentage of points to match the percentage of damage done I could get behind.

• Nachoeslach, ThirdEyE, Erzunterweltler and 6 others like this

ThirdEyE

ThirdEyE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

The only problem other than what Amid mentioned is the difference between killing your nemesis vs. getting a critical assist on them.  If you get the kill, the domination goes away entirely.  If you get a critical assist, and they kill you again before you kill them, then they become your nemesis again.  Just seems unnecessary and is honestly really frustrating to deal with.

• dorobo, claisolais, Superkamikazee and 1 other like this

oSpBaPA.png

MacTep_6oT

MacTep_6oT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Dead mech is Kill.

25% alive is not dead.

Not a kill if still alive.

Make a good politician.

• RedVan, Bad_BennyAK and Source_Mystic like this

mjU56gg.jpg

AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Did you land the finishing blow? No?

Then you did not get the kill.

The logic is that simple.

Now allocating score based on damage (though I already though it was based on damage) is a separate thing, and obviously whoever did the most should get the most.

The only problem other than what Amid mentioned is the difference between killing your nemesis vs. getting a critical assist on them.  If you get the kill, the domination goes away entirely.  If you get a critical assist, and they kill you again before you kill them, then they become your nemesis again.  Just seems unnecessary and is honestly really frustrating to deal with.

I forgot, do you get a bonus for killing your nemesis?

If so, perhaps critassists against a nemesis should award a bonus (if it doesn't already).

If not, then I view this the same way I view getting offended by someone using a taunt emote. It's not an issue. Not with the game at least, but rather an issue with the player and their sensibilities.

Edited by AsianJoyKiller, 06 April 2015 - 10:15 PM.

LaurenEmily

LaurenEmily

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
Why all the hassle about getting the kill ? doing majority of the damage already earns you majority of the points so why is it even important ?
  • dorobo, bacon_avenger and Bad_BennyAK like this

CdbY2zw.gifRjGv7Ax.gif

D8mfrr9.png

Lioot

Lioot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 309 posts

I don't like this idea, I usually get my kills by stealing them

• Niels, Leonhardt and Molasses_Jack like this

KilleR_OrigiNs

KilleR_OrigiNs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Redacted.

Edited by KilleR_OrigiNs, 30 April 2015 - 10:06 PM.

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
And what if you ambush a much that already excaped and is at 25 or less %? Its kind of unfair to the ambusher no ?

Etc

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

You guys are ignoring all the possible situations that may reunite the same condition: Someone making more of 75% of the Damage, and some landing the killing hit. I�ve been in situations where I was overheated, with three mechs almost dead after I almost killed them with my grenadier... Almost... and Someone comes and kill them before they kill me. this situation is fair for me, and for my savior. I don�t expect a stupid kind of "honour" , because I�m playing a competitive game and when I can, I make the kills. As this example, there�s endless situation that simply can�t be judged as fair or unfair, because everything happens fast playing online and most of the people forget about it, because is not a problem with the game, is a problem about our own contundency. 

Sadly. I think this kind of suggestion are made for people that would feel frustrated in any case.  The fact is:  if someone steals your kill, being making 75% of the damage (as your suggestion says) or landing the last kill as you�re complaining, you won�t be happy, because they are stealing your kills!. . Grow up!. or play coop bot. there you will get all the indulgence you want, even nice comments from the mechs when you kill them :D

• dorobo likes this

76561198046026300.png

dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 990 posts

And when people get low hp they tend to not stick around for long and become very creative tryin to get away and that final blow is not as easy as it seems so you just hope for that assist at least. If 5ive people shooting one dude sure thing ONE of them will get the kill stray bullet or not.

• Niels likes this

Jakyll

Jakyll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

if I deal 99% of the damage to a mech, and some little scout or a sniper across the map sees my target and kills them, they get the kill for doing hardly any work.

Maybe the "damage dealt/damage sustained" + accuracy statistic would be a better measurement for your skill then.

But getting a kill is all about getting the last hit on someone. Or do you want to have a message on your screen "You almost killed Player-X" after bringing him down to 10% life? ^^

It's just the way it is like in DotA (with npc's): whoever gets the last hit, gets all the money. Always been like that.

Killing blow ? most dmg done ("rightful" owner of the kill)

Edited by Jakyll, 07 April 2015 - 06:20 AM.

Houruck

Houruck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts

That is called CRITICAL ASSIST.

http://yeaaahhh.ytmnd.com/

• Fantus_Longhorn likes this

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

predators gonna predate

Panzermanathod

Panzermanathod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 711 posts

I don't mind the current system. A good ratio is nice but I'd much rather win a match than get a good ratio. Steal my kills? Well that's all fine and good. You scored for my team instead of me.

• Molasses_Jack and ( XD ) wimpyhugz like this

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

I play to win, I don't care who gets the kills. 

• Bad_BennyAK and Source_Mystic like this

No crew

RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
In team based modes, it doesn't matter who gets the kill, so long as the enemy dies.

In DM, you're every bit as capable as everyone else to KS, so no point in complaining about it, just do it. DM is 100% about KS.

Edited by RedVan, 07 April 2015 - 08:53 AM.

• Superkamikazee likes this

MacTep_6oT

MacTep_6oT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

alternative: listen to musik.

Edited by MacTep_6oT, 07 April 2015 - 07:41 PM.

mjU56gg.jpg

HeraldRedfordIII

HeraldRedfordIII

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Perhaps points could be given depending on three variables.

-Most damage done(actual kill).

-Additional damage done(assist).

-Execution(final blow). This one could cost more points the longer they are alive also depending on how much life is left

• Bad_BennyAK likes this

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Whoever does the most damage should get the most points for a kill, but if you didn't land the final blow, you don't deserve a kill being added to your stats. Doesn't matter how much you did if you can't close the deal before someone else. Yeah it might be frustrating at times, but the fact that your team got a kill is more important than personal glory.

• IronClamp likes this

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

RespawningJesus

RespawningJesus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
I thought that the more damage you did to an enemy, the more points you were rewarded? Either that, or it was more XP depending on damage dealt?

Draigun

Draigun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

They call it Team Deathmatch for a reason. It shouldn't matter if you get the kill or not, since your priority is keeping you and your team alive, no matter the cost.

• IronClamp likes this

TpsOr7F.png

Scow2

Scow2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Whoever does the most damage should get the most points for a kill, but if you didn't land the final blow, you don't deserve a kill being added to your stats. Doesn't matter how much you did if you can't close the deal before someone else. Yeah it might be frustrating at times, but the fact that your team got a kill is more important than personal glory.

I can sort of get the reasoning when it's a clear case of someone else getting the kill... but it becomes a lot murkier when high-ROF weapons come into play, and the 'kill' is determined almost strictly by luck.

IronClamp

IronClamp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

How about 75% of the XP/Credits/Points? Have a certain max cap of points per class/mech type and the % of damage you do gives you that percent of the points, with a bonus of x amount for getting the kill. The bonus of course would make it so that a player that does 99% of the damage gets far more points than the sneak that does 1% damage and gets the kill. Say make the kill bonus such that players with 55%+ of damage done still get more then the player who comes in and gets the kill and receives that kill bonus.

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

I absolutely do not want this, as it is just going to encourage more e-peen measuring over K/D which is one of the worst stats for promoting teamplay.

However, rebalancing the percentage of points to match the percentage of damage done I could get behind.

Siege.    Origin map.  Battleships launched.   1 big, main, obvious bunker to be fought for.   

What do we have?  2 Reapers, a Sharpshooter,  a Rocketeer,  and a Raider ALL on the rooftop,  plinking away between battleship,  and a red HUD blurb inside the bunker,   leaving the poor lone Scout to go MONO E PENTO against 5 tight opponents holding the zone.  

We've ALL been there!

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Bad_BennyAK

Bad_BennyAK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Agreed.   I could care LESS about K/D ratio  or hit percentage.    Why?   hit percentage doesn't factor in the MASS loads of covering fire I'm laying down to protect my teammate, or cover a zone.    And sometimes, I'll INTENTIONALLY get into a fight against 3-4 mechs away from the AA zone,   KNOWING I'm going to die.   Why do I do it?  So my teammates have that extra 5-7 seconds to boost over to the AA zone,  and take it.   Seeing my gorgeous mech face on the WINNER's lineup is all the reward I play for,   that,  and working with great mech pilots!

• Superkamikazee likes this

KOBALT DEFENCE REGIMENT

[/size]

...and let slip the dogs of war...

[/size]

Twitter%201.jpg?psid=1Steam%202.jpg?psid=1Tube%203.jpg?psid=1Hawken%204.jpg?psid=1Twitch%205.jpg?psid=1

[/size]

Spoiler
[/size]

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Lol same XD I once was a pred, it was the critical moment where the last kill ends it all

I was in stealth and we were on origin.

My friend was on the side of the map alone facing 3enemy mechs, he sprang to cover to repair cuz he only have a strip of health left. Then I saw it.... The enemy's were advancing towards the corner checking if my friend had fled.

A serrain surge of adrenaline flooded my finger blood vessels and I instantly pressed the buttons comandimg my virtual alias to reach for my friend.

My mech Jumped out of stealth, boosted towards my repairing friend jumped over a wall and dodged over in the enemys's line of sight spamming all my doc predators and repeaters whole calling for help.

Guess what happens then...

NO I DIDNT DIE ... Luckyly XD if I did then there it would demonstrate how I don't care about this stats XD

The enemy mechs backed off (surprisingly XS)

I suppressed them for a little. Long egnof for my friend to repair two thirds of his health and for an ally medium much to arrive.

I then backed off with these words in my head: "my job here is done"
I had saved my friend and the team from dieing...

So I went off and put my stealth back up and went somewhere else to hunt.

I turned back to see how the two medium mechs were doing... They were fine, still suppressing the 3 enemys behind the wall I had jumped.

And I noticed... The light one backed off to repair in front of the wall where he was out of the battle...
so I turned back ...
He was in my line of sight...

The adrenaline was still making my fingers twitch...

I aimed lousyly and shot several rounds of eocs towards the enemy's end of the wall...

A lot of them hit the back heavy and the flying other heavy....

But finally, at last two or tree of my eocs hit that repairing light and ....

GROLLOURDO ON THE FINAL KILL SCREEN!

GROLLOURDOS TEAM WINS!!!

GROLLOURDOS TEAM GOT THE DAYLIE XD! lol

THE END XD

Yeah had a little fun writing this XD
All of this is true ... But I forgot who that friend I saved was ...

Was it gargar? (Grapheus) or was it linear... (LinearFox) or maybe fawken... ([FWK]awesome) ... Hmm should be one of these three ...
All well XD I think it was gargar XD

Groll
  • Jelooboi likes this

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

CrimsonKaim

CrimsonKaim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1235 posts

Why all the hassle about getting the kill ? doing majority of the damage already earns you majority of the points so why is it even important ?

Actually it does not.

The bonus XP/Score you get for kills is huge. For example revenge kill whe nyou deal 1% of the actual damage gets you liek 10 XP? that's 50% of actual damage to an enemy mech (1 kill = 20XP in this case).

You get underdog bonus, revenge kill, killstreak, savior kill, silo defender kill, silo attack kill and much more bonus XP for just taking the kill. In some situations I really look that I do get the kill because I want this bonus XP.

Maybe double the XP for the damage and reducing the bonus XP should do.

- Sitting next to the sound box in Last Eco -

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Good point I just saw those stats earlier....

(\__/)

And if you dont .... 

Source_Mystic

Source_Mystic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I play support and I get whatever mech will help my team win. some mechs like grenadier will get a fuzzy bunny score I do not care.  I have seen far to many  games where I switch and the IN complete chaos AS other team is dodging nades. I  watch the score shift .   So I do not get alot of points.  I did my job if we win . I do not care about k/d mmr or the bs stats. I feel like this is just splinting straws. play the game have fun. If you are not having fun you are doing it wrong. YOU WANT TO CRUNCH NUMBERS GO BE A ACCOUNTANT.

Edited by Source_Mystic, 12 April 2015 - 03:56 PM.

SoldierHobbes11

SoldierHobbes11

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts
I already get most of my points from doing massive amounts of damage. I could care less if I killed the guy or not, just as long as he's dead.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yeah I play support mech a lot more now. I got a battleturkey and been learning how to use it, errr dying how to use it, uhh nevermind you know what I mean. :D

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

I can sort of get the reasoning when it's a clear case of someone else getting the kill... but it becomes a lot murkier when high-ROF weapons come into play, and the 'kill' is determined almost strictly by luck.

This isn't something debatable and it's not murky at all.

The defining difference between getting a kill or getting an assist is who got the final shot that actually killed the enemy. It makes no difference what percentage of damage you or a teammate do over time. If you don't get that final kill shot because someone else's gun fired faster or did more instant damage than yours could dish out, regardless of whether the enemy was at 500HP or 1HP you weren't the one that killed the enemy.

People are assuming that if a teammate hadn't been involved they would have gotten their kill, but that is never a guarantee and luck has nothing to do with it, just the cold hard facts. There's only chance.

Edited by nokari, 12 April 2015 - 09:43 PM.

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

so slug + powershot slug+sabot should equal a kill against all A classes for me?

Or how about dying after doing the damage and then someone kills the person I shot at 3 seconds later? I shouldn't get the kill for that at all.

Idea doesn't make sense at all. And if you're playing a bursty mech, you should be the one stealing kills anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users