• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

When all other players quit from the match, the game should immediately end and award earned HC and experience to the remaining player. Currently, you have to sit through the entire remainder of the match or forfeit all HC earned.

Edited by brackets, 10 April 2015 - 08:36 AM.

• Grollourdo, Elite_is_salty, Miscellaneous and 1 other like this

WastingTime

WastingTime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

& the victory should go to the remaining player regardless of the score
(possible achievement: highlander)

• Grollourdo, M4st0d0n and Teljaxx the Unintentional like this

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Pumapaw

Pumapaw

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Perhaps they should kill off smurf accounts and fix the balance of the game. That would tend to make folks stay. Because games should be a closer match.

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
Spoiler

Are my only choices actually to sit through this whole thing or to "abandon" my team and HC rewards? Yes. Yes they are.

CaliberMengsk

CaliberMengsk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

@brackets You have an amazing damage ratio that match though :P

EDIT:

That all said though, is one match's hc really worth waiting a few minutes? Most likely, leaving the match and finding another will earn you more hc then sitting and waiting. If it were a long enough match to matter, then the timer shouldn't have much time left anyway.

It sucks that people leave, but it happens. No one wants a boring match. It sucks, but it happens. But as stated, even if people popped in and out of a match, with that low of a player count, it's not worth staying anyway.

Edited by CaliberMengsk, 03 May 2015 - 11:43 AM.

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

HC is rewarded for match time, match win, match defeat, and team swap. This means that you will receive more HC if you stay the duration of a match you are winning even if all other players have quit than if you leave the match to find another. Secondly, not only do you abandon your HC reward if you leave -- it also counts equivalent to a loss (although it's tracked separately as "Teams abandoned").

HC earnings aren't particularly concerning to me because I have every mech except the G2 Assault unlocked and fully equipped with internals and items and I still have 50,000 HC left to spend. However, HC earnings are a concern to new players trying to unlock new mechs - and the problem shouldn't be ignored because it's a rare occurrence or because players should just give up earned HC and accept an undeserved loss since it's not worth staying anyway.

Edited by brackets, 03 May 2015 - 12:10 PM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Idk.... This has long been a problem....
Unfortunately I have nothing to suggest ...

I thought of bots but they would just be kinda feeders.
I think we should make some system that after the players quit they will have to wait till the end of the match they were attending...
Also lastly maybe a rejoin button? Like the one in league maybe? I really hate when I get DC....

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

The solution to this particular problem (being the only player left in a match) is simple: end the match immediately when all players on a particular team have abandoned the match and award the HC and exp for the full duration of the match to the remaining player. 

Edited by brackets, 12 July 2015 - 08:57 AM.

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Meh idk what if someone else joins?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

Rei

Rei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

The solution to this particular problem (being the only player left in a match) is simple: end the match immediately when all players on a particular team have abandoned the match and award the HC and exp for the full duration of the match to the remaining player. 

Only problem is that this could be used for power leveling if it would act like that. Currently it is very annoying to sit through, but you're also not giving people a chance to join then even though everyone did just leave you game.

• Draigun and brackets like this

brackets

brackets

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Good point about power leveling. I think HC and exp for the duration that the match lasted would be appropriate to avoid gaming the system, (rather than HC for a full match's duration).

I've sat through 3 matches where everyone else has left -- only in one of them did matchmaker add additional players, and even then it added them with less than a minute on the clock -- too late to make a difference. That was nearly 9 minutes of waiting and 1 minute of gameplay. The match above was less than a minute of gameplay and over 13 minutes of waiting.

Nov8tr

Nov8tr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Yeah I've been that boat too mate. Not only to you lost all that but don't forget. There is also a penalty for "quitting" the match. Not just the lost HC and a loss on your record. You get penalized as well. Sigh. It's like your triple damned if you leave. :(

• brackets likes this

"Nov8tr" is pronounced "INNOVATOR"

aEGHJsh.gif?1

Yes I'm really 64 yrs old. July 6, 1953

Valimer

Valimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Idk.... This has long been a problem....
Unfortunately I have nothing to suggest ...

I thought of bots but they would just be kinda feeders.
I think we should make some system that after the players quit they will have to wait till the end of the match they were attending...
Also lastly maybe a rejoin button? Like the one in league maybe? I really hate when I get DC....

It seems like everyone on the forum only like joining matches counterstrike style. Open up a server list and find a server you like, but then quit after the match because it's quicker to do it manually than to wait around for 3 minutes. 

There is no solution that everyone will agree to. In my opinion, Hawken should act like LoL. Players queue up and then can't leave the match until it's over. But I think I'm the only one who would agree to that.

Edited by Valimer, 04 May 2015 - 12:02 PM.

Valimer

Valimer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

It's just stupid that people leave in the middle of the game. Especially for reasons like losing. Also people leave because the matchmaker puts them in an empty match and they see that and then just leave. Like, just freaking queue everyone up at one time holy crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users