• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

At least 1 out of every 8 times I go to join a game from the Server List, I get the message:

Error: 931D9C29 Failed to join game. The server is not accepting players at this time.  Please try again later. Game Server reservation failed.

This happens when I am attempting to join games that have plenty of open slots.  It happens when there are an odd number of players, it happens on even number of players.  It happens on every game mode (except maybe DM, I hardly ever play that).

Once I get the message the first time, it seems that lobby just won't have me until after somebody else has joined (I can see the player count change)... then I can join.

What gives?

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
Sometimes happens because this changing map, obviously keeps out until you load the new map. Lately if this taking too long to load my account when newly income, so in general it seems the server

6_1.jpg

StubbornPuppet

StubbornPuppet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1508 posts

Well thanks for replying Maxunarul.

I mostly posted this, specifically the error code, so that it's logged somewhere for the new developers to see.

Where as it is possible that this sometimes comes up because of a map loading... I know that's not the case most of the time.  Like I said, as soon as the number of players changes, it lets me in and the match will usually be several minutes in already, if not almost over.

If this has something to do with the auto-balancer saying, "This guys mmr will throw off the balance of the match if we let him join right now" or something like that, the message should be more appropriate... and that's not an "error" - that's the game doing the right thing.  Same goes for if the server is loading the next map - it's not an "error", it should be a message like, "Server is loading a new match, please try again in a moment."... not a vague error message that essentially tells me "we're not accepting you as a player right now."

To be serious for a moment this is just a joke

Maxunarul

Maxunarul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Totally agree with you, we hope that the new devs will progressively improve things in the game so that the end is something nice when waiting for a server to let go,

Edited by Maxunarul, 13 April 2015 - 12:49 PM.

6_1.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 931D9C29, error

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users