* * * * * 1 votes Suggestion Old forum idea

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Dinre

Dinre

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

I know we had this discussion multiple times over on the old forums, and I thought it was significant enough to bring it back up now.

Can we get Steam Workshop integration or an official submission system (a la TF2)?  There are plenty of us who would love to help build maps, cockpit items (especially the Houruck bobble-head o7), mech skins, and other stuff.  There are even some of us who would PAY to get our stuff into the game if it was exclusive to our account / team / clan.

And let me tell you, as someone who spent real money to support Hawken, I bought almost nothing with my Meteor points.  There is nothing I would like to see more than awesome cosmetics to spend money on.  I like to support the games I play, and there was nothing much compelling to spend my points on before.  Let's get that fixed!

Oh, and please make that old Chinese New Year skin available again.  I accidentally missed out on getting that.  =)

-- Dinre

• bacon_avenger and Harrower like this

OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Good suggestion, but there is a long way to go before then.

Scootin' 'n Shoot | Bawlin' 'n Brawlin' | Ragin' 'n Raidin'

ca62ab9a-2ce9-4a20-b368-0cde03b1331d.png

"Velocitas et Eradico"

Grollourdo

Grollourdo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 907 posts
Yeah but damn that's still awesome XD

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy bunny into
 (") (") your signature to help him gain world domination XD

And if you dont .... 

bloody_keyboard.gif    <-------------- ME and Bunny

(This is also me when u no cooperate in game XD)

HorseHeadProphet

HorseHeadProphet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

It would be a shame not to take advantage of all the talented people who want to make skins, mods, and items for the game. Thorough testing though. 

The Hawken forum's a forum, but it's like the only one you get yelled at for using.

nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

CapnJosh mentioned planning on providing a standalone installer, which may indicate that they MIGHT take Hawken off of Steam or provide it in a way that doesn't work with Steam workshop integration. But it would be nice if we could create and add customizations in some way, whether it's through Steam, submitting directly to the devs for approval and integration, or just being able to upload your own custom emblems and skins inside the lobby.

Edited by nokari, 22 March 2015 - 10:19 AM.

hwk_sig_by_nokari-d8mkch4.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Suggestion, Old forum idea

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users