• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Just curious if it's possible to remap the 180 spin, or remove it? I play primarily with a Xbox 360 controller, and I find myself mistakenly doing the 180 spin. 

Anyone know how to remap or remove that function? I've tried messing with the defaultinput.ini file, but with no success. I thought I could remap editing this line in the gamepad section .Bindings=(Name="Down",Command="GBA_Backward")

Help appreciated, thanks. 

Edited by Superkamikazee, 13 April 2015 - 04:34 PM.

No crew

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
You should be able to in the settings menu without modifying files. That's how I mapped mine. Sometimes I get an unintentional spin but it's rare.

wGoUz2B.gif

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

You should be able to in the settings menu without modifying files. That's how I mapped mine. Sometimes I get an unintentional spin but it's rare.

How is your controller mapped? Dodging left or right, occasionally my left thumb stick is down a bit and instead of dodging, I 180 spin.

• EM1O likes this

No crew

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I use the controller in my left hand and mouse in right. I use the very top pad for boosting and the the trigger for flying. D pad for items, healing and enemy sighted call outs. Pressing the joystick activates special ability. You can map it many different ways even using the select and start buttons for different things. Took me awhile to get a setup I was comfortable with but it paid off.

wGoUz2B.gif

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
I only use a 360 pad.

No crew

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
I used to before air dodge, but after that I went with the 50/50 mouse and controller combo. Imho after much trial and error it is the best way for controller users to play. Try it out for a bit, you might like it. You also might try a counter maneuver for when you do an unintentional 180. Like boosting away and making them give chase only to 180 again and shoot them in the face.

wGoUz2B.gif

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

Step 1: Unplug xbox controller.

Step 2: Throw xbox controller in trash.

Step 3: Use keyboard and mouse.

Step 4: Profit.

Sorry, couldn't resist. Unfortunately console controllers are voodoo magic to me (unless you want me to explain the inner workings of some old school NES controller), so I'm of no help.

• Drrt4 and Jelooboi like this

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

joypad is godsend for people with large hands that are "keyboard challenged". remapping the thumbstick is possible, but then you lose the trigger+stickdown(S) for intentional 180s. quit getting so damn excited and pay attention to what youre doing (yeh, right, eh?).  I've gotten into some pretty hot cqc, gotten wired up, and instead of quick dodge to the left spun around and got shot in the back. I do it about once a day. o well.

happens. get better or get dead. or go back to KB+M. :P

#:  chown -R us ./base

nRJ1C9n.png

"...oh great Itzamna, you shall know Us by the trail of Dead."

crockrocket

crockrocket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1989 posts

I've gotten into some pretty hot cqc, gotten wired up, and instead of quick dodge to the left spun around and got shot in the back. I do it about once a day. o well.

That sure as hell ain't just a problem for controller users, I do it all the time!  :sad:

JgQjgkx.png

Salvage: An Idea to Stop Leavers

Player Retention & Howken

[14:31] <Crafty> I know that in my balls
[14:32] <Crafty> hawken is unlike anything Ive played

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

joypad is godsend for people with large hands that are "keyboard challenged". remapping the thumbstick is possible, but then you lose the trigger+stickdown(S) for intentional 180s. quit getting so damn excited and pay attention to what youre doing (yeh, right, eh?).  I've gotten into some pretty hot cqc, gotten wired up, and instead of quick dodge to the left spun around and got shot in the back. I do it about once a day. o well.

happens. get better or get ded. or go back to KB+M. :P

Once you go 100", you never go back (27" PC monitor).  :thumbsup:

nvcZeh7l.jpg

k3ixng8l.jpg

• Silverfire, Miscellaneous, LRod and 4 others like this

No crew

BluetoothBoy

BluetoothBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Once you go 100", you never go back (27" PC monitor).  :thumbsup:

-snip-

Noice.

I'd still use a keyboard & mouse, though. XD

• Superkamikazee likes this

Broham78

Broham78

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
Kazee that's glorious. I've been contemplating doing this.
  • Superkamikazee likes this

wGoUz2B.gif

ReEvolve

ReEvolve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Just curious if it's possible to remap the 180 spin, or remove it? I play primarily with a Xbox 360 controller, and I find myself mistakenly doing the 180 spin. 

You can remap/remove the 180 spin: https://community.pl...to-single-keys/

• Rajitha and Superkamikazee like this

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

You can remap/remove the 180 spin: https://community.pl...to-single-keys/

I can't find that Hawkeninput.ini file. There is a file defaultinput.ini.

In defaultinput.ini, there is a section for "Gamepad" settings. Not sure what to change there, your guide is for adjusting keyboard bindings which won't effect "gamepad" settings. 

No crew

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

I can't find that Hawkeninput.ini file. There is a file defaultinput.ini.

Don't edit ini files in the steam folder, those are used when recreating your inis (so the change wouldn't apply unless you nuked your inis) and will get nuked by steam patches/verifying game cache. The files you are looking for are at: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config
  • Odinous, Rajitha and Superkamikazee like this
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Don't edit ini files in the steam folder, those are used when recreating your inis (so the change wouldn't apply unless you nuked your inis) and will get nuked by steam patches/verifying game cache. The files you are looking for are at: C:\Users\<user>\Documents\My Games\Hawken\HawkenGame\Config

Thank you, I'll give it a shot tonight. Do you know which line I should edit for the gamepad settings?

Edited by Superkamikazee, 15 April 2015 - 09:26 AM.

No crew

Ashfire908

Ashfire908

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Thank you, I'll give it a shot tonight. Do you know which line I should edit for the gamepad settings?

No, I don't know much about control rebinding or doing custom settings. Maybe someone else can chime in.
Creator of ScrimBot and other community tools.

[kloeri] And we're done for now with all the rebooting.. except for a single server that will be rebooted when it's done pretending it's a tree.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users