HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Inability to choose mic device

Beta

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Doggins

Doggins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 21 2012 - 11:47 AM

I don't see the option to select which mic to choose within audio options.  I have a headset (w/ Mic) and a webcam w/ built-in mic.  The game defaults to my webcam mic which is horrible quality and does not give me the option to choose my headset mic.

#2 ASaiEn

ASaiEn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 06:38 PM

It would be nice to have the option to set input and output devices for audio. Possibly independant output for voice and game sound so you can set voice to headset and speakers to game audio.

#3 ROTOMON

ROTOMON

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted December 01 2012 - 07:07 PM

Yeah same here It is kind of annoying since im using a razer blackshark headset and it only wants to use my webcam also... Bad enough i cant play the game spanned across my 3 monitors cause you cant even see the mech's dash when you do.

#4 Grafix

Grafix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBehind Evolwar and SS396 stealing thier Kills

Posted December 02 2012 - 03:25 PM

You actually have to set-up your default mic settings in windows prior to launching the game.  I have both a headset mic and a webcam with mic.

You have to go into your control pannel, sound settings, and tell windows 7 to use whatever mic you want to use as a default in Hawken prior to launching Hawken.
Grafix™  
Inner Sphere Wars Developer and BattleMech Hanger Developer - Hawken Beta Tester: C-BETA 1, C-BETA 2, C-BETA 3, Open BETA    
System Specs: Win7 64 Bit, AMD 6 Core 3.3ghz, 16Gig DDR3 RAM, Liquid Cooled, 2x Dual DVI Nividia GTX 560 2gig video cards for Quad Monitor usage during 3D Graphical projects.  Currently only use 1 monitor for Hawken.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users