HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#121 Mr_Batou

Mr_Batou

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted June 07 2012 - 01:39 PM

Critical Overload

When you "die" there is a massive explosion. Explosion damage could be calculated by weight class of mech, how much fuel you have at time of death, and proximity. Or, a set value. Similar to mech assault

#122 divinghawk

divinghawk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 08 2012 - 05:09 AM

how about a short range teleporter with a quick minigame where if you fail it teleports you somewhare else or you just explode and has a massive cool down so it is not spammed

#123 SmellyFingers

SmellyFingers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted June 11 2012 - 09:52 AM

equipment that lets you pick up energy faster but carry less in total/etc
could fit into equipment slot or be a general mech custom option, like a new slot next to weapon or equip

#124 Young_Achilles

Young_Achilles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 11 2012 - 02:09 PM

Why would you add a self destruct Button! :o

Offensive Suggestions
Stuff that makes people explode (preferably not yourself).

I know that you mention to preferably not to add any offensive suggestions that would blow yourself up but sometimes not following the rules creates new ideas.  So I'm thinking lets add a self destruct button.  You probably thinking, who would be stupid enough to suggest a self destruct button.  

Well think of a scenario that you're in a position of dying or been EMP and you got nothing to defend yourself but hid.  Lets say that an enemy spotted you and wants to kill you.  You can hid behind a corner an press the self destruct and Kamikaze that bitch.

#125 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 11 2012 - 04:36 PM

Yes but imagine everytime you get an enemy mech to low health, they run behind a corner and self destruct.

Would be kinda lame and it promotes unsportsmanship.  An easy suicide to deny the opponent a kill.  :x

Nop soz  :ugeek:

Posted Image

#126 Young_Achilles

Young_Achilles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 13 2012 - 01:19 PM

Shit you make a good point.  How about this, the amount of explosive radius and damage will depend on the amount of health your mech has.  

Self destruct damage

Full health:
.  Huge explosive radius
.  Huge damage
.  Instance kill on the enemy

Mid health:
.  mid explosive radius
.  mid damage
.  Possibility that enemy will survive

Low health:
.  low explosive radius
.  low damage
.  Enemy will survive from damage unless have very low health

#127 GREW

GREW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 13 2012 - 03:56 PM

Its good that youve adjusted your idea, still though i has one question...

richardperaza7110 said:

Self destruct damage

Full health:
.  Huge explosive radius
.  Huge damage
.  Instance kill on the enemy

But why would you_   :o

Posted Image

#128 Young_Achilles

Young_Achilles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 13 2012 - 08:57 PM

With full health, if you see a group of enemies all close up together, you can use the self destruct button sneak up to kill two or more enemies.

Now that I'm thinking this over, the self destruct button does seems useless.  I guess the only reason for a self destruct button is to commit suicide if you happen to spawn on a spot you don't like or if you're stuck.

Unless you want to make it a perk like call of duty where your mech explode after one second of your death.  So after an enemy kills you and he/she is still near your dead body, that self destruct button can be use to damage or destroy him/her.

Or instead of the self destruct button attach to the mech, you can add it to your little drone.  Remote control that drone to blow up or damage your enemies.

#129 Applethief

Applethief

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationMiddle of, Nowhere; United States

Posted June 23 2012 - 07:22 PM

how about an ejector seat. where you get launched into the fray with nothing but the helmet on your head and fists of ham.
Posted Image

#130 Slagathor

Slagathor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted June 24 2012 - 06:37 AM

portable buffing towers is my idea.

(when i say tower i mean some kind of deployable)
some ideas not said (i think) are a healing type mchine you throw down everyone in the radius is healed over a period of time but instead of just minor injuries the healer can give you a mobile arm and leg replacement the tower would be weak but hid it behinde a corner near your frindlies and if you lose a arm sit by it for a good period of time idk like 15 seconds while you get a new arm. the healing time also depends on the injury full loss of limb would make it take much longer but it would help bring you back into action and have the realistic limb loss

a anti emp tower that is destroyed after like 2-4 uses when emp'd leaving you healthy and untouched. can be picked up.

deployable radar (probably mentioned already)

deployable flare shooter.
all towers are weak and easy to kill and give off some tell tale sign of where they are.
the flare shooter would have more flares than your mech could carry and by deploying them you free up weight but the machine doesn't follow you around so you have to protect it and/or camp or pick it up again so it would not be useful in head on fights.

small light weight mine detector does nothing but finds mines and lets you see them much like sit rep in CoD, but it has a shorter radius and only you can see the mines. sounds overpowered but with the other stuff you could get i think it taking up a equipment slot would balance it out.

a deployable trap that magnetizes the enemy in place its not super easy to see and its not invisible but it is in between making people watch where they step. the small mat only lasts for ten seconds so you have to shoot fast and it can be destroyed by another enemy teamate when the trap gets someone it pings the spot on the map to tell you that someone is there.

#131 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 22 2012 - 06:32 AM

Items should fit the world of Hawken.

Wall tracker. All enemies will appear similar to Black Light retribution.

Sentry guns.

Land mines. (Those never get old)

Shields.

Proximity mines.  

Service packs for weapons, ammo items.

Enemy spot on radar.

Large command map where the commander guide the gun ship. (Different Gun ship set ups should be available)

Add ons for the gun ship like flying battle bots or droids, guns, rail guns, Gatling, cannon shells, missiles of various types etc.

A control jam. Your mech controls are suspended for a while.

Air strikes and heavy artillery strikes. (The enemy can shot down the planes if he hits them and cut out the artillery once spotted in the map.) The artillery can withdraw at any moment if the artillery is compromised.

#132 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 22 2012 - 06:43 AM

You've been playing with the search function for a while, huh_  :lol:

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#133 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 22 2012 - 06:49 AM

The_Silencer said:

LMAO.

There are great ideas already discussed but would be good to give them shape so the developers give them a quick read and continue on with the game design. Simply classical ideas work the best. When they are convoluted they tend to clutter the game. Not every game needs every idea in the book, just the best ideas suitable for the concept proposed by the developers.

We have to follow the tone of their conception. Classical devices always work and some influences from classical games wont hurt either.

#134 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 22 2012 - 07:00 AM

Mech Mechanic said:

The_Silencer said:

LMAO.

There are great ideas already discussed but would be good to give them shape so...

And how about discussing any of these great ideas into separate threads_
Anyway I like to check upon a time which ones you like the most.

P.S. I'm probably over-demanding on Sundays only. Fortunately... not like others.. heheh.  :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#135 Mech Mechanic

Mech Mechanic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 904 posts

Posted July 22 2012 - 07:24 AM

The_Silencer said:

And how about discussing any of these great ideas into separate threads_
Anyway I like to check upon a time which ones you like the most.

P.S. I'm probably over-demanding on Sundays only. Fortunately... not like others.. heheh.  :)

Well, anything with RTS elements on games like this is a most. Those items gives a sense of RTS strategy in sense.

Many of these ideas should be a mixtures. I don't like one over the other. However the idea of having a gun ship command feature is a most and having few gun ships at your disposal to be picked in a three round match could be great. Or have those features for horde mode. They don't need to be all at ounce in a MP game. They should be available in different game types. All of them at once is way too much making the game be less fun for new visitors. Moderation should be a rule for design.

I would love to have air strikes, service packs for horde and the option of Gun ship command for horde.

Capture the flag is better suited with shields, mines and proximity mines. Approaching a flag should be a dangerous...:P

Artillery, Shields and service packs for mechs should be available for conquest mode.

Wall tracker and control jam for the classic team death matches.

The sentry guns should be for another type of horde where you take on aerial gun ships.

It's a matter of making each game type unique and of course bringing all the palette of options for private servers where players can customize their game mode. It depends on how you want to approach the game. Official servers should keep the game in accordance to the developer ideas. Others who want to customize can have the option to make servers with custom games for these items.

#136 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 22 2012 - 01:18 PM

Well, thanks anyways for elaborating a little more. :)

Posted Image

#137 danbog07

danbog07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted July 24 2012 - 02:53 PM

I propose a wired projectile weapon that can double as a grappling hook, or be used to help the mech descend from/ascend to aerial transports, ceilings, walls, etc. In addition to this, it can tear off limbs, weapons, and even disable the mech if aimed well.

-The projectile is shaped like the blade of a fluke anchor, and is mounted on a 360° pivoting shoulder joint. The projectile is aimed using a camera mounted on the pivoting shoulder joint.

- It would have drop after a certain distance when fired horizontally, and could only reach a certain height if fired vertically, dependant on the strength of the launcher.

-The cable fibers are made from superstrong alloys and composite materials that enable it to support an entire mech with a cable only 1.75 cm in diameter, allowing storage of a fairly long cable.

-The cable can be cut however, with a melee weapon or the intense heat and pressure of an explosion.

-It cannot be repaired on the field.

-The projectile launcher and retractor can be used an indefinite number of times.

-It is an invaluable tactical aid, allowing for ambush and escape in a chase.

-Standard on all mechs.

#138 Shishkebabs

Shishkebabs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted July 25 2012 - 02:29 AM

Awesome how about making a decoy, a fake or maybe a spiked metal cage to ram others down (melee) :P

My reference link http://www.playhawke...hp_ref=EB288383

#139 MadMike

MadMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationWhere it snows and melts

Posted July 25 2012 - 05:27 PM

a light air and heavy ground transportation vehicals that let your mechs travel at greater speeds_ at the cost of vulnerability of course.  On another note what about being able to eject from your mech at anytime_ (Ill be honest right here i almost want this to be like burnout where theres no humans its just "your the car" but...) once you eject you move fast and can make your way back to base and not lose any kind of spree or bonuses you had (not sure how the RTS MMO in this works yet) and while your escaping it is possible to be shot down, it will show whos honorable and whos chicken, not to mention bonuses for you shooting down an escape pilot. You could even grab their mech after for scrap or piloting if they abandoned before nuclear meltdown.
MadMike | Steam: (ask me!) | Wii U: madmikev2 | 3DS: 3823-8695-8435
SuperDuoBros. channel: http://www.youtube.c...uoBros/featured | UYA Gamers: http://steamcommunit...roups/uyagamers

#140 shinobishock1

shinobishock1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 14 2012 - 08:33 PM

How about some form of physical tracking transmitter that you could tag on the  mech. It could provide you with the direction of the unit and distance to your HUD. could make it very visible to there other team mate.. just before it runs out of juice it could ping the map to give off final location to every one where that tagged mech is. this would make light scout classes more useful if they could tag a whole team or potentially force campers to move.  another thought it could be a special ammunition to a weapon like a sniper  that way he could tag a fleeing enemy for his teammate to hunt down. it could help keep track of cloaking units if hit.

down fall missing with it would have a transmitter that would ping a false location......well i guess this could be used to bait people too.
make it have a short time to live,it would deal no damage, you could make it if you got to close to your own transmitter it would fall off or fry the circuit . i also could echo your location to the person that was effected so he can find you if he lived.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users